I Got Ripped for Blowing Up When MM Hired

From the third link:

ME too. After an outrageous outburst by me, causing a family scuffle. . . I HAVE now sworn off ever watching football again.

WHAT???

521488[/snapback]

I saw that too. A Bills game that caused a family scuffle? :blink::)

That's pretty frightening.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the day MM was hired, I blew my top on this board. I couldn't believe that TD would again pick a coordinator with no previous head caoching experience after the GW mess.

Everyone said things like "You never know, he could be a great one" and "I like the way he sounded at his welcoming press conference. . . he said all the right things"

Well, excuse me for pointing out the obvious now, but that hiring is just as bad as GW. At least with GW we had a good defense. I wanted Tom Coughlin or Jim Fassel. can anyone say that they'd really rather have MM than either of those two guys?

521315[/snapback]

Yeah, Fassel is doing awesome in Baltimore. GW sucked ass. Our defense sucked in 2001, sucked in 2002, decent in 2003, but worse than '04 because they went from last to first in takeaways.

The only guy that's even remotely appealing on your list is Weiss.

As a matter of fact, I didn't bother watching the Bills game yesterday, but I did see the score. . . getting closer and closer and closer.

This board is amazing. You clowns deserve a team like this and a coach like this. Educated fans? Please.

521605[/snapback]

Maybe you should take up cooking. I have some good recipes with all different flavors of Crayonz available.

Because they involve frying the crayonz AND boiling water, they all take at least three and a half hours. They can not be done in any less time. You can reserve Sundays from 1-4:30 as cooking time.

Your family will be unscuffled and well fed.

I gotta think head coaching experience is overrated. If there is a coach out there available who used to be a head coach, that means they were fired and someone else's trash.

These assistant coaches have been coaching football for years and years- they know the deal. Yes, there are of course things you can only learn "on the job" and can only learn through actually doing it, but a good head coach has skills and personality traits that have less to do with football x's and o's and more to do with leadership (see Marv Levy).

Most don't acquire these skills when they are 25 or 30 years old, but as they work their way up through the years, GMs have to decide if a guy is capable of running the ship. Maybe MM is that guy, maybe not, but to say he's not the guy because he had no previous head coaching experience is just wrong in my opinion.

PS. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Marvin Lewis has complete control over personnel and all football related matters. TD would never relinquish this, rightly or wrongly.

Madden braught up Tom Moore as a great head coaching candidate...he is 67, but look what the Colts offense has been doing under him...personally, I think the NFL went crazy with the "hot young assistants" a few years back...I am not totally behind ditching MM, but if the option is having Modrak take TD's place, I say give TD and MM one more year. If their "plan" comes to fruition, great! If not, what is another year of suffering? I don't like the idea of having a new GM, without the power to choose his own coach...it is just is pretty much a guarentee of another disappointing season...I say a clean sweep, or stay the course another year...personally, I still think TD is back next season...

Madden braught up Tom Moore as a great head coaching candidate...he is 67, but look what the Colts offense has been doing under him...personally, I think the NFL went crazy with the "hot young assistants" a few years back...I am not totally behind ditching MM, but if the option is having Modrak take his place, I say give TD and MM one more year.  If their "plan" comes to fruition, great!  If not, what is another year of suffering...I don't like the idea of having a new GM, without the power to choose his own coach...it is just is pretty much a guarentee of another disappointing season...

521944[/snapback]

I agree...And I think what people are missing here is the only difference if TM is the GM will be the fact that TD is not longer around to pick up the Lunch tab when it's his turn...It will be the same Organization, to think anything else just plain wrong...I just can't see what good it does to cut off the Head and let the Right Hand run the show... :blink:

Educated fans? Please.

521605[/snapback]

Watching the games is soooo overrated. The best way to educate yourself is to not watch the games. We need to spend more time making coaching/management decisions by just looking at scores the next day.

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly make yourself look any stupider.

Congrats on taking it to a whole new level.

Cya

521621[/snapback]

Yeah but Simon, the guy is original. I like his screen name :) , but that "family scuffle" thing was off the charts. One simply cannot put a price on originality.

Benchbledsoe if you are out there.....please fill us in on the scuffle incdent. It isn't fair to leave us hanging as such. :blink:

On the day MM was hired, I blew my top on this board. I couldn't believe that TD would again pick a coordinator with no previous head caoching experience after the GW mess.

Everyone said things like "You never know, he could be a great one" and "I like the way he sounded at his welcoming press conference. . . he said all the right things"

Well, excuse me for pointing out the obvious now, but that hiring is just as bad as GW. At least with GW we had a good defense. I wanted Tom Coughlin or Jim Fassel. can anyone say that they'd really rather have MM than either of those two guys?

My dream head coach short list:

1.) Gary Kubiak, OC Denver: Anyone see what Denver does on offense with Plummer and 32 year old Mike Anderson? That scheme is the best in the biz. Period.

2.) Charklie Weiss, HC Notre Dame: Again, TD passed on him, couldn't wait a couple of weeks or some such nonsense. Same as Romeo Crennel.

3.) Urban Meyer, HC Florida: This guy is Saban times 10

4.) Ron Rivera, DC? Chicago: This guy is getting a lot of ink lately, along with Mike Singletary.

521315[/snapback]

For the most part this post seems like a lot of woulda, coulda, shoulda. MM could be shown to be a pretty good choice at this time last year and can be shown to be a pretty bad choice at this time this year.

Fact is that almost all HCs are demonstrably bad choices at the end of their term and that even the great ones are demonstrably bad at some point in their career (Levy with KC, BB in Cleveland) or even for their good team (BB before Bledsoe got hurt). Your broad conclusions about MM may be true and may not be.

Your recomendations which flow from your analysis are also fairly unprovable and unproven. If you want to buy into your analysis of what makes a good HC and TD's choices you would make a far better case if you pointed to blowing your gasket at his chice of GW (a proven loser at HC who got fired from the job) and advocated that he should have hired Fox (an SB appearance and a team on the rise right now) or Lewis (a team clearly on the rise right now from their paltry beginnings when Lewis joined 'em).

These assessments and predictions would be far more impressive than railing against MM who has been adequate and bad as HC with the Bills and who still has significant time on his contract and with advocating proven NFL winners as HC rather than theoretical coordinators.

Yeah but Simon, the guy is original. I like his screen name  :D , but that "family scuffle" thing was off the charts. One simply cannot put a price on originality.

Benchbledsoe if you are out there.....please fill us in on the scuffle incdent. It isn't fair to leave us hanging as such.  :)

522018[/snapback]

It's pretty easy to imagine something like this:

He probably broke the teacup he was drying in the kitchen when he heard the last score go down on the radio.

His significant other wanted him to clean it up right away.

BB held his breath, threatening to turn blue and pass out.

His significant other punched his lights out.

BB woke up and swore off football, again.