I Got Ripped for Blowing Up When MM Hired

On the day MM was hired, I blew my top on this board. I couldn't believe that TD would again pick a coordinator with no previous head caoching experience after the GW mess.

Everyone said things like "You never know, he could be a great one" and "I like the way he sounded at his welcoming press conference. . . he said all the right things"

Well, excuse me for pointing out the obvious now, but that hiring is just as bad as GW. At least with GW we had a good defense. I wanted Tom Coughlin or Jim Fassel. can anyone say that they'd really rather have MM than either of those two guys?

My dream head coach short list:

1.) Gary Kubiak, OC Denver: Anyone see what Denver does on offense with Plummer and 32 year old Mike Anderson? That scheme is the best in the biz. Period.

2.) Charklie Weiss, HC Notre Dame: Again, TD passed on him, couldn't wait a couple of weeks or some such nonsense. Same as Romeo Crennel.

3.) Urban Meyer, HC Florida: This guy is Saban times 10

4.) Ron Rivera, DC? Chicago: This guy is getting a lot of ink lately, along with Mike Singletary.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet you choose a bunch of coaches with no head coaching experience.

521319[/snapback]

Well if that's what TD wants to do, at least get some good ones. MM was well know for his "cute" play calling and Pittsburgh has been getting back to running the ball since he left. MM's last year in Pitt they had a dreadful, pass-happy, cute offense.

Can you tell me that you'd prefer MM to Weiss or Kubiak?

On the day MM was hired, I blew my top on this board. I couldn't believe that TD would again pick a coordinator with no previous head caoching experience after the GW mess.

Everyone said things like "You never know, he could be a great one" and "I like the way he sounded at his welcoming press conference. . . he said all the right things"

Well, excuse me for pointing out the obvious now, but that hiring is just as bad as GW. At least with GW we had a good defense. I wanted Tom Coughlin or Jim Fassel. can anyone say that they'd really rather have MM than either of those two guys?

1.) Gary Kubiak, OC Denver: Anyone see what Denver does on offense with Plummer and 32 year old Mike Anderson? That scheme is the best in the biz. Period.

2.) Charklie Weiss, HC Notre Dame: Again, TD passed on him, couldn't wait a couple of weeks or some such nonsense. Same as Romeo Crennel.

4.) Ron Rivera, DC? Chicago: This guy is getting a lot of ink lately, along with Mike Singletary.

521315[/snapback]

You are still wrong for not at least giving the guy a chance at the beginning.

No kidding. What's the point? Hey, got any good pierogi recipes?

521332[/snapback]

The point is that TD hired a average/terrible coach (twice now) when he could have had some much better ones. . . I'm not understanding the board's response to what is an obvious fact.

you were right. how could we have know, though?

mularkey is a handsome meathead. sure, I'd have loved to see us hire Weiss, but I don't believe he was interested in the job in the first place. He wanted Notre Dame and knew he'd get it. The interview was informational. That's the impression I got.

The other guys? Eh...

At this point, I'd like to see Sam Wyche take over. Won't happen, but playoffs won't happen under Mularkey.

Well if that's what TD wants to do, at least get some good ones. MM was well know for his "cute" play calling and Pittsburgh has been getting back to running the ball since he left. MM's last year in Pitt they had a dreadful, pass-happy, cute offense.

Can you tell me that you'd prefer MM to Weiss or Kubiak?

521324[/snapback]

No, Mularkey needs to go. I too was unhappy with the pick for the same reasons, however, I would rather bring in a top tier coach with HC experience. Pay the 5 million per, raise ticket prices 5 bucks per seat and lets get a Parcells, etc.....

Then lets get him some linemen, and a real Oline coach instead of someone they can tout as a local boy who made it big in Mcnally. Marketing is great but !@#$ marketing. I want people who actually knowwhat they are doing and not nepotism or home town heroes.

you were right. how could we have know, though?

mularkey is a handsome meathead. sure, I'd have loved to see us hire Weiss, but I don't believe he was interested in the job in the first place. He wanted Notre Dame and knew he'd get it. The interview was informational. That's the impression I got.

The other guys? Eh...

At this point, I'd like to see Sam Wyche take over. Won't happen, but playoffs won't happen under Mularkey.

521339[/snapback]

Weiss not interested in the job? The guy almost lost his life getting his stomach stapled because he thought his appearance was the reason he'd never get an NFL head job offer. He'd have jumped at the chance.

No kidding. What's the point? Hey, got any good pierogi recipes?

521332[/snapback]

We're not worthy!!!!! <_<

Yep...I got a good one...guaranteed to make you swear (!@#$ing dough....etc..) Everyone usually leaves the house when I drag out that recipe. :D

521315[/snapback]

I thought that you swore off football?