There are positives and negatives to take

I am waxing more philosophical after losses these days because I am looking forward to next year but here is my list of positives and negatives from the game

Positives

1) JP Losman gets better with each game. He is going to be great for us !

2) I like our WR's

3) Willis is a good RB. Why is everyone bagging on him. Just focus on the fuield performance and ignore when they speak.

4) Who was that King guy ? He was making some plays out there !

Negatives

1) The OL looked like crap again and needs to be seriously upgraded in the off season. Willis is getting tackled when being handed the ball. It's amazing that he gets as many yards as he does with this pathetic OL.

2) This DL couldn't stop a girl scout troop with the flu and the runs. We need two decent DE's and few NT's that can actually stop a running play.

3) Can we ever get a DB that can cover a TE or a short route ?

4) Gray and TC should be fired after this season. Can Jerry Gray adjust to anything ? He only knows to blitz. I guess LeBeau was the real genius afterall.

Maybe if TC had a decent OL his playcalling would work better, but can he change his plays to adapt to what he has to work with ?

5) The secondary was getting schooled out there again ! We need upgrades at these positions as well.

I am waxing more philosophical after losses these days because I am looking forward to next year but here is my list of positives and negatives from the game

Positives

2) I like our WR's

3) Willis is a good RB. Why is everyone bagging on him. Just focus on the fuield performance and ignore when they speak.

Negatives

1) The OL looked like crap again and needs to be seriously upgraded in the off season. Willis is getting tackled when being handed the ball. It's amazing that he gets as many yards as he does with this pathetic OL.

2) This DL couldn't stop a girl scout troop with the flu and the runs. We need two decent DE's and few NT's that can actually stop a running play.

4) Gray and TC should be fired after this season. Can Jerry Gray adjust to anything ? He only knows to blitz. I guess LeBeau was the real genius afterall.

Maybe if TC had a decent OL his playcalling would work better, but can he change his plays to adapt to what he has to work with ?

5) The secondary was getting schooled out there again ! We need upgrades at these positions as well.

521236[/snapback]

Concerning DL, it wasn't stopping the run yesterday, it was about pressuring the QB in the second half.

MM Playcalling won't work at all until this OL learns its responsibilities, A line that can't run block or pass block won't help any kind of playcalling. BTW on JP's int yesterday, that play was called in three other games and worked 2 out of 3. It's not just the playcalling, its the execution.

Positives

2) I like our WR's

Negatives

521236[/snapback]

Mostly agree...particularly about JP who is looking terrific, IMO. Of course, he still made a few mistakes...but he made em at full-speed and I'm guessing he learned from them.

As far as TC's horrendous playcalling...I thought MM was calling the plays now. I can't believe we didn't give the ball to Willis when we had 21 points and a first and goal. If I was the RB (and the defense), I'd be fuming at that pass call.

I agree with Simon's evaluation of the DB sitch. It would be nice if Gray let them play tight on occasion and dish out some punishment instead of using that HUGE cushion that guarantees short-route success and puts added pressure on covering long well-run patterns.

King played well and Greer dished out some nice hits. Thank God for Fletcher, too!

This game really exposed the coaching staff, IMO. When they breakdown the film today, they'd better be evaluating their own performances.

Mostly agree...particularly about JP who is looking terrific, IMO.  Of course, he still made a few mistakes...but he made em at full-speed and I'm guessing he learned from them.

As far as TC's horrendous playcalling...I thought MM was calling the plays now.  I can't believe we didn't give the ball to Willis when we had 21 points and a first and goal.  If I was the RB (and the defense), I'd be fuming at that pass call.

I agree with Simon's evaluation of the DB sitch.  It would be nice if Gray let them play tight on occasion and dish out some punishment instead of using that HUGE cushion that guarantees short-route success and puts added pressure on covering long well-run patterns.

King played well and Greer dished out some nice hits.  Thank God for Fletcher, too!

This game really exposed the coaching staff, IMO.  When they breakdown the film today, they'd better be evaluating their own performances.

521249[/snapback]

Really MM calls all of the plays ? Mmmmm, so why does TC even show up ? or does he ? I dont know what the guy looks like.

Then TD, Modrak, MM, TC and gray should be gone after this year.