McGahee’s foot in mouth disease is nowhere

ASCI

Remember this

the biggest baby is Thurman Thomas, who blew off a news conference because he stacked up all the newspaper stories written about him, and found they didn't reach the moon. This is the same Thurman Thomas whose reaction to being called the best all-around back in football was, "That's a title I'll have to live with," like they nailed him on income tax evasion. Thomas is pouting because Buffalo's offensive coordinator dared to say, "Jim Kelly is our Michael Jordan." Thomas, who thinks he should have been the MVP of last year's Super Bowl even though Buffalo lost -- and probably thinks Canton should have a sculptor on call -- slapped the coach by saying, "I guess we have two Michael Jordans." Personally, I went into the hotel kitchen this morning, and crossed out Michael Jordan's signature on all the Wheaties boxes, and wrote in, "Thurman Thomas."

As long as they put out on the field I don't have a problem with it. I hope WM breaks 1200 this year.

And all those who are bashing WM are the same ones who claimed he was so much better than Henry was last year and WM was a break away threat and this and that...Face it unti we get a consistent O-line and comeptent coaches we will never be anything special as we have enough talent at the skill positions to win or even dominate; just need the right coaches to put them in the right place to make plays.

And all those who are bashing WM are the same ones who claimed he was so much better than Henry was last year and WM was a break away threat and this and that...Face it unti we get a consistent O-line and comeptent coaches we will never be anything special as we have enough talent at the skill positions to win or even dominate; just need the right coaches to put them in the right place to make plays.

521208[/snapback]

Your point is well taken. Should they go after a GM/coach that has a OL/DL philosophy first? I would like to see it but who is their? Maybe someone from the Parcells/Belicheck staffs, but who?

Your point is well taken.  Should they go after a GM/coach that has a OL/DL philosophy first?  I would like to see it but who is their?  Maybe someone from the Parcells/Belicheck staffs, but who?

521221[/snapback]

I think we need a versatille coach who will do whatever it takes to win and not worry as much about outscheming the other team but outplaying the other team by putting their players in the best position to make plays. I don't know who will be available next season that could fix our situation; if we do get a new coach I hope it is one with experience and not a new jack. To tell you the truth (and how far we have fallen!) I kind of miss Wade as the coaching since has been real horrible! In the past 3-4 seasons we have had enough talent on this team to at the very least be a playoff contender.

Willis McGahee is no Thurman Thomas, in more ways than the one illustrated above.

521120[/snapback]

Willis is a much better pure runner then Thurman was. Thurman had great vision; good hands and a great stutter step but average power and speed, Thurman could not drive the line he needed wide open holes to hit. Willis has good vision, good power and great speed and acceleration. If Willis has the same line that Thurman had they would be dusting off a spot in Canton right now getting it ready for Willis.