Two Reasons Why We Should Sign Nate C.

Okay, I've heard all the talk about how we should let these two go because of their play vs. salary cap implications. . .

But, we should sign/keep both Nate and Moulds if at all possible.

Reasons:

Question # 1) What are we going to replace them with cheaper AND better? Answer: Nothing. We'd sign lesser players, and be calling for their ouster in one year. (See: Jonas Jennings, Ruben Brown leaving and Gandy, Villarial, B. Anderson coming in)

Question # 2) What would that ridiculous TD do with any cap savings anyway?

Answer: Nothing. He'd squander any cap savings and overpay on some fringe type players who aren't going to make any impact. (See: Teague, Milloy, Vincent, and a host of others the past 5 or so yrs.)

So, why let your #1 CB and #1WR walk when you're obviously not going to improve the team by doing so? (granted, these guys aren't the greatest)

Do you really think that any helpful big time FAs will get signed in Buffalo, by TD, anytime soon? Reality check, folks. . . not happening.

Okay, I've heard all the talk about how we should let these two go because of their play vs. salary cap implications. . .

Reasons:

Question # 1) What are we going to replace them with cheaper AND better? Answer: Nothing. We'd sign lesser players, and be calling for their ouster in one year. (See: Jonas Jennings, Ruben Brown leaving and Gandy, Villarial, B. Anderson coming in)

Answer: Nothing. He'd squander any cap savings and overpay on some fringe type players who aren't going to make any impact. (See: Teague, Milloy, Vincent, and a host of others the past 5 or so yrs.)

So, why let your #1 CB and #1WR walk when you're obviously not going to improve the team by doing so? (granted, these guys aren't the greatest)

Do you really think that any helpful big time FAs will get signed in Buffalo, by TD, anytime soon? Reality check, folks. . . not happening.

520953[/snapback]

It is amazing that so many people on this board are calling for the Bills to get rid of our best WR and best CB. There is no question that the smart thing to do is try to sign both of them at a reasonable market contract.

Reasons:

520953[/snapback]

I really dont feel as though Eric Moulds is our #1 receiver anymore. I truly believe that Lee Evans can take over that role. As far as his replacement, how about reggie wayne. He's younger and has better hands.

Clements I'm kind of torn on. If we let him walk, I think the secondary would be in trouble. I have said all along that he should be gone but I'd need to be reassured that a solid corner will come in place of him. IMO clements is overrated and he will be overpaid which is why he most likely wont be a bill next year. I'd like to say we could find a replacement in the draft but i just dont have faith in TD anymore.

It is amazing that so many people on this board are calling for the Bills to get rid of our best WR and best CB.  There is no question that the smart thing to do is try to sign both of them at a reasonable market contract.

520958[/snapback]

Yes, In a nut shell, that's what I said. However, by hearing both their post game comments, NC and EM cannot wait to get out of town, and away from this train wreck. They're both as good as gone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but EM's contract is not up this year, so it's not really a matter of "re-signing" him. He will count a huge amount against the cap next year, so like it is with any player in that position, the team needs to sit down and think about the value they get for the money. Will we be better off with EM in the lineup at a huge salary, or will we be better off cutting him and using the cap savings on other positions? I don't know the answer to that, although my guess is that we'd still be better off with him than without him.

The other option, of course, is to try and re-do his contract. We've already done that once. I doubt there is any realistic way we can push his upcoming money any further into the future, and based on what has happened I sincerely doubt he will accept a pay cut from this organization.

So "signing him at a reasonable market contract" is not quite summing up the situation realistically.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but EM's contract is not up this year, so it's not really a matter of "re-signing" him. He will count a huge amount against the cap next year, so like it is with any player in that position, the team needs to sit down and think about the value they get for the money. Will we be better off with EM in the lineup at a huge salary, or will we be better off cutting him and using the cap savings on other positions? I don't know the answer to that, although my guess is that we'd still be better off with him than without him.

The other option, of course, is to try and re-do his contract. We've already done that once. I doubt there is any realistic way we can push his upcoming money any further into the future, and based on what has happened I sincerely doubt he will accept a pay cut from this organization.

So "signing him at a reasonable market contract" is not quite summing up the situation realistically.

521068[/snapback]

Hence why I used "sign/keep". And obviously, keeping Moulds is with the assumption it is at a lesser price tag. But, yes, I agree. Both players seem to be angry, and will not be sticking around at anything remotely resembling a "hometown discount". They're both as good as gone. My main point is that TD will piss away any cap savings we may get, and both positions WR and CB, will be weaker next year, not stronger.

Hence why I used "sign/keep". And obviously, keeping Moulds is with the assumption it is at a lesser price tag. But, yes, I agree. Both players seem to be angry, and will not be sticking around at anything remotely resembling a "hometown discount". They're both  as good as gone. My main point is that TD will piss away any cap savings we may get, and both positions WR and CB, will be weaker next year, not stronger.

521241[/snapback]

i honestly don't see TD making the decisions after this season. Ralph will either give him a position with no power or show him the door.

But then looking around the league, where do you find a good available GM.

i honestly don't see TD making the decisions after this season. Ralph will either give him a position with no power or show him the door.

But then looking around the league, where do you find a good available GM.

521250[/snapback]

They are out there...Granted at times it can seem like finding a needle in a haystack, but that's not the case really...I wish I had a set of Names to roll off, but then again I could have never told you Scott Pioli was the next great thing 5 Years ago...These guys are out there...Ralph better start figuring out how to find them...