from the miami herald

Willis McGahee rushed for 81 yards on 27 carries Sunday. McGahee, a 2003 first-round draft pick after helping UM to the 2001 national championship and an appearance in the BCS title game the following season, has 1,029 yards on the season. This is McGahee's second season to rush for more than 1,000 yards.

''That's my highlight of the day,'' said McGahee, referring to his season total for rushing. ``It's out of my hands. If I called the plays, I'd have 60 carries.''

Despite the loss, McGahee seemed upbeat after the game, laughing with reporters and even holding back smiles as CB Nate Clements became upset after being questioned about Chris Chambers' touchdown with six seconds left.

''[The comeback] was crazy,'' McGahee said. ``You just have to sit there and watch and hope that somebody will make a play on defense. I don't know about the playoffs but I'm going to play for pride and I hope everyone else does, too.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/13329451.htm

Willis McGahee rushed for 81 yards on 27 carries Sunday. McGahee, a 2003 first-round draft pick after helping UM to the 2001 national championship and an appearance in the BCS title game the following season, has 1,029 yards on the season. This is McGahee's second season to rush for more than 1,000 yards.

''That's my highlight of the day,'' said McGahee, referring to his season total for rushing. ``It's out of my hands. If I called the plays, I'd have 60 carries.''

Despite the loss, McGahee seemed upbeat after the game, laughing with reporters and even holding back smiles as CB Nate Clements became upset after being questioned about Chris Chambers' touchdown with six seconds left.

''[The comeback] was crazy,'' McGahee said. ``You just have to sit there and watch and hope that somebody will make a play on defense. I don't know about the playoffs but I'm going to play for pride and I hope everyone else does, too.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/13329451.htm

520883[/snapback]

This has been the most quiet 1000 yard season, I've seen by a Running Back.

I often wonder if JP would play better with a solid running game.

This has been the most quiet 1000 yard season,  I've seen by a Running Back.

I often wonder if JP would play better with a solid running game.

520919[/snapback]

I wonder if Willis would have more yards if we had a better passing attack?

I wonder if Willis and JP would play better if we had an adequate offensive line?

I wonder if Willis would have more yards if we had a better passing attack?

I wonder if Willis and JP would play better if we had an adequate offensive line?

520984[/snapback]

Agree on the second point.

I believe the first quarter yesterday, was enough passing attack for the best RB in the league to work with.

I wonder if Willis could count to ten if he lost a finger?

521030[/snapback]

Just for your information, humans have 8 fingers and two thumbs. <_<

Stop the inane Willis bashing. The guy has more heart than most of the guys on this board who would have trouble walking after the knee injury that he had.

And therein lies the paradox.  If they'd run the ball more in teh first quarter, would it still have been "enough passing attack"?

521034[/snapback]

I deal in facts.

The fact is that after we beat them for two long TD's, Miami backed off from putting 8 in the box.

When is the last time Willis did anything in the first quarter anyways? He is a notoriously slow starter, and this season he has been notoriously average.

Just for your information, humans have 8 fingers and two thumbs.  <_<

Stop the inane Willis bashing.  The guy has more heart than most of the guys on this board who would have trouble walking after the knee injury that he had.

521035[/snapback]

I've never doubted his physical ability or even his mental fortitude. I just don't think he cares about or even likes the Bills, oh yeah, and he's not that smart.

Just for your information, humans have 8 fingers and two thumbs.  :D

Stop the inane Willis bashing.  The guy has more heart than most of the guys on this board who would have trouble walking after the knee injury that he had.

521035[/snapback]

I knew some !@#$ would bring up the semantics of thumbs and fingers. Just didn't know which one it would be. <_<

Just for your information, humans have 8 fingers and two thumbs.  <_<

521035[/snapback]

So the question should really be, could Willis count to ten if he had 6 fingers?

or should it be, could he count to 8 with 6 fingers without the aid of thumbs?