A Few Quick Thoughts About The Game...

1) I did see Sam Adams on the field. I did hear the announcers gushing over him, saying that he "collapses the pocket." What I didn't see, according to NFL.com, were any sacks, tackles, nor even assists.

2) Schobel is under-rated, even on this board.

3) Jason Peters made a great play on a 3rd down run to the outside. He merely shoved his man out of the way (while in motion). This resulted in a first down. I am thinking that he starts at RT next year.

4) I don't even wish to discuss Nate Clements. Not today.

5) Credit goes out to nirvjam for the following quote: "The next tackle that Parrish breaks will be his first." He WAS about to break one on a kick, but the dolphin had too much of a finger on him. Dumb pick by a dumb GM.

6) TD? MM? Nope. Imo, the biggest culprit for this disaster was clearly Gray. One particular play was telling. It was late 4th quarter, and as the Bills were lining up, Schobel was looking around, throwing up his hands. He had no idea what the he was supposes to do. Please, will someone else tell me that they saw this! The fact that Gray is mentioned for head coaching vacancies is laughable. If Gray is a head coach in 06, I will probably go back to sports wagering.

7) MM looked better yesterday.

8) Thank you Lee Evans. You just purchased a ticket out of town for Eric Moulds, his list of demands, and his 10.8 million dollar salary cap figure in 06.

9) Speaking of tickets out of town, RW will need a cargo plain for the likes of Adams, Posey (Simon was right all along), Williams (thanks for nothing, whale), Moulds and hopefully others.

10) As I said in another post, at least we are in this together. I admit it.....I am thinking draft, and still hoping for some good players, and a change in direction. Whine as we may, I don't think that there are many quitters on TSW.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) I did see Sam Adams on the field. I did hear the announcers gushing over him, saying that he "collapses the pocket." What I didn't see, according to NFL.com, were any sacks, tackles, nor even assists.

2) Schobel is under-rated, even on this board.

3) Jason Peters made a great play on a 3rd down run to the outside. He merely shoved his man out of the way (while in motion). This resulted in a first down. I am thinking that he starts at RT next year.

4) I don't even wish to discuss Nate Clements. Not today.

5) Credit goes out to nirvjam for the following quote: "The next tackle that Parrish breaks will be his first." He WAS about to break one on a kick, but the dolphin had too much of a finger on him. Dumb pick by a dumb GM.

6) TD? MM? Nope. Imo, the biggest culprit for this disaster was clearly Gray. One particular play was telling. I was late 4th quarter, and as the Bills were lining up, Schobel was looking around, throwing up his hands. He had no idea what the he was supposes to do. Please, will someone else tell me that they saw this! The fact that Gray is mentioned for head coaching vacancies is laughable. If Gray is a head coach in 06, I will probably go back to sports wagering.

7) MM looked better yesterday.

8) Thank you Lee Evans. You just purchased a ticket out of town for Eric Moulds, his list of demands, and his 10.8 million dollar salary cap figure in 06.

9) Speaking of tickets out of town, RW will need a cargo plain for the likes of Adams, Posey (Simon was right all along), Williams (thanks for nothing, whale), Moulds and hopefully others.

10) As I said in another post, at least we are in this together. I admit it.....I am thinking draft, and still hoping for some good players, and a change in direction. Whine as we may, I don't think that there are many quitters on TSW.

520577[/snapback]

#6, Yeah, Gray's 2nd half performance stunk to high heaven as usual, but where the hell is Mularkey with this clown? Just once I'd like to see a WTF are do doing remark to Gray during a game. Controlling asshat assistents is part of the job. Appears no one told MM, like he has to be told.

#6, Yeah, Gray's 2nd half performance stunk to high heaven as usual, but where the hell is Mularkey with this clown?  Just once I'd like to see a WTF are do doing remark to Gray during a game.  Controlling asshat assistents is part of the job.  Appears no one told MM, like he has to be told.

520613[/snapback]

That'd be hard to do given Gray is in the box at the top of the stadium...

He probably does it - just does it over the headphones which would be hard to 'see'.

He probably does it - just does it over the headphones which would be hard to 'see'.

520619[/snapback]

They've had him in the pressbox, down on the field, over the box; I don't know where he is currently, but know this. He should be out the friggin door.

Wasn't the game over after the 2nd Bills TD? Watching Mularkey and the bench it sure seemed that way. He was too busy rah rah-ing like a cheerleader to even be thinking stratgegy to preserve (build) on the lead. They should have dowsed him with the Gatorade right then and there....maybe he would have drowned...

Your name adequately describes what it means to be a Bills fan.

It's a sisyphean purgatory.

520712[/snapback]

Joe, once he was going back and forth on the board with "pass the pipe." :P:(:D;):(

There have been some truly classic names on TSW. I wonder what ever happened to guffawing crow?" ;)

6) TD? MM? Nope. Imo, the biggest culprit for this disaster was clearly Gray. One particular play was telling. It was late 4th quarter, and as the Bills were lining up, Schobel was looking around, throwing up his hands. He had no idea what the he was supposes to do. Please, will someone else tell me that they saw this! The fact that Gray is mentioned for head coaching vacancies is laughable. If Gray is a head coach in 06, I will probably go back to sports wagering.

520577[/snapback]

I saw the play and it was not a isolated incident. Do you remember TKO having his back turned while Vick was taking the snap?? Confusion appears to be a staple of a Jerry Gray defense.

520619[/snapback]

Gray has been on the field all year this year. Last year he was in the booth.

Heck they showed a shot of him ON THE FIELD. Sorry to get cranky but as you guessed I'm not in the greatest mood today along with most of Bills nation.

520577[/snapback]

Nope, not quitters.

Just a bunch of folks that start drooling about the draft around, oh, say mid-October!

520577[/snapback]

With our remaing opponents, NE, DEN, CIN, and NYJ, our record will probably be 5-11 and get a top 10 pick. Any O-line worths a top-10 pick? Do we draft a CB to replace NC?

That is crazy talk. Did Gray call for a pass on first and goal from the 3 yard line? Even the head coach, after the game, admitted that the defense collapsed because the offense could not run the clock down and hold onto the ball.

So Schobel was throwing his hands up and looking confused -- there could be a multitude of reasons for this. For you to assume that falls back to Gray is a bit presumptuous on your part. It could be that some of his teammates were lined up in the wrong spot...

Considering we have an offensive minded head coach, not getting a score in 3 quarters is inexcusable... but hey at least Roscoe Parrish completed his first NFL pass <_<

520577[/snapback]

That is crazy talk.  Did Gray call for a pass on first and goal from the 3 yard line?  Even the head coach, after the game, admitted that the defense collapsed because the offense could not run the clock down and hold onto the ball. 

So Schobel was throwing his hands up and looking confused -- there could be a multitude of reasons for this. For you to assume that falls back to Gray is a bit presumptuous on your part.  It could be that some of his teammates were lined up in the wrong spot...

Considering we have an offensive minded head coach, not getting a score in 3 quarters is inexcusable... but hey at least Roscoe Parrish completed his first NFL pass :D

521421[/snapback]

yup, because THIS is the offense's fault

3-13-BUF23(7:44) S.Rosenfels pass to R.Brown for 23 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

And THIS:

3-10-MIA27(1:41) (Shotgun) S.Rosenfels pass to C.Chambers to BUF 16 for 57 yards (L.Fletcher)

And also THIS:

3-3-BUF9(:55) (Shotgun) S.Rosenfels pass to C.Chambers to BUF 1 for 8 yards (J.Posey)

And this little dandy:

4-4-BUF4(:06) S.Rosenfels pass to C.Chambers for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Penalty on BUF-J.Greer, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

Dammit, i hate how our offense allows so many 3rd down conversions to the opposing team! <_<

Here is what your beloved offense did after the final TD to Lee Evans. :D

PUNT

FUMBLE

PUNT

PUNT

INTERCEPTION (at goal line)

PUNT

PUNT

PUNT

PUNT

Summary:

9 possessions

0 points

2 turnovers

7 punts

yup, because THIS is the offense's fault

3-13-BUF23(7:44) S.Rosenfels pass to R.Brown for 23 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

And THIS:

3-10-MIA27(1:41) (Shotgun) S.Rosenfels pass to C.Chambers to BUF 16 for 57 yards (L.Fletcher)

And also THIS:

3-3-BUF9(:55) (Shotgun) S.Rosenfels pass to C.Chambers to BUF 1 for 8 yards (J.Posey)

And this little dandy:

4-4-BUF4(:06) S.Rosenfels pass to C.Chambers for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Penalty on BUF-J.Greer, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

Dammit, i hate how our offense allows so many 3rd down conversions to the opposing team!  <_<

521436[/snapback]

That is crazy talk.  Did Gray call for a pass on first and goal from the 3 yard line?  Even the head coach, after the game, admitted that the defense collapsed because the offense could not run the clock down and hold onto the ball. 

So Schobel was throwing his hands up and looking confused -- there could be a multitude of reasons for this. For you to assume that falls back to Gray is a bit presumptuous on your part.  It could be that some of his teammates were lined up in the wrong spot...

Considering we have an offensive minded head coach, not getting a score in 3 quarters is inexcusable... but hey at least Roscoe Parrish completed his first NFL pass :blink:

521421[/snapback]

MM didn't have a good game. He was awful.

As for Gray, if you wish to absolve him from guilt, stupidity and inferiority, I guess there is little I can say to you.

Call me crazy (or presumptuous :) ) as you will, but I am thinking that he should have conjured up a way to hold onto a 21 point lead against a garbage team.

Gray would probably be a good DC at the college level.