Question for those who heard the post game

Peter

The whole stadium knew that they were going to throw to Chambers. I presume the Bills did as well.

Was there any reason given for why we did not have one of our starting corners covering Chambers?

Better yet, was there any reason given for not double covering him?

Also, it seemed that we were blitzing more when Ferotte was in. It seemed as though we sat back more when Rosenfels was in there. Was there any reason given for that? Once we gave them time to throw, we saw what happened.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole stadium knew that they were going to throw to Chambers.  I presume the Bills did as well.

Was there any reason given for why we did not have one of our starting corners covering Chambers?

Better yet, was there any reason given for not double covering him?

Also, it seemed that we were blitzing more when Ferotte was in.  It seemed as though we sat back more when Rosenfels was in there.  Was there any reason given for that?  Once we gave them time to throw, we saw what happened.

520257[/snapback]

The reason that Clements gave is that there was some mixup about which side he was supposed to be on, and realized he was on the wrong side of the field too late. This was the question that led to his blowup at the media today, because he thought the reporter was implying that he was "scared" to cover Chambers. This totally pissed him off and he stormed away.

Sorry I can't be more clear, but I'm sure they'll be replaying it on WGR all day tomorrow.

The reason that Clements gave is that there was some mixup about which side he was supposed to be on, and realized he was on the wrong side of the field too late.  This was the question that led to his blowup at the media today, because he thought the reporter was implying that he was "scared" to cover Chambers.  This totally pissed him off and he stormed away. 

Sorry I can't be more clear, but I'm sure they'll be replaying it on WGR all day tomorrow.

520264[/snapback]

Thanks.

The reason that Clements gave is that there was some mixup about which side he was supposed to be on, and realized he was on the wrong side of the field too late.  This was the question that led to his blowup at the media today, because he thought the reporter was implying that he was "scared" to cover Chambers.  This totally pissed him off and he stormed away. 

520264[/snapback]

Another blown assignment by a veteran. Why is that not a surprise. After the number of years these guys have played, How can you not know your assignment? <_<

This was the question that led to his blowup at the media today, because he thought the reporter was implying that he was "scared" to cover Chambers.  This totally pissed him off and he stormed away. 

520264[/snapback]

Yeah, Clements wasn't scared of Chambers--after all, he shut him down to the tune of 11 catches for 250 yards. Nothing to be scared of there. <_<

Clements performance or whatever scheme the Bills told Clements to play was the worst I've ever seen. 11 catches for 250 yards!! If the goal was to not let Chambers beat them deep, well, that didn't work, as he caught a bomb on the most important drive of the game. Ridiculous.

Anyone else who's skilled at watching old receivers run past him, committing foolish penalties or lining up on the wrong side of the field for oh, $10 million less a year.

520384[/snapback]

Names? I'm assuming you want to upgrade the position. Who are you going to put there with more talent than Nate?

Names? I'm assuming you want to upgrade the position.  Who are you going to put there with more talent than Nate?

520394[/snapback]

What I'm SAYING is, you can get the same "production" at CB for a whole lot less money.

Money that could be spent on...oh, a legit DL free agent, or -shock of shocks- OL HELP?!?!

What I'm SAYING is, you can get the same "production" at CB for a whole lot less money.

Money that could be spent on...oh, a legit DL free agent, or -shock of shocks- OL HELP?!?!

520396[/snapback]

again, this is the tired old "replace someone with no one" strategy of building a team. It is easy to say we need X in the abstract, w/o actually plugging in someone who is available.

again, this is the tired old "replace someone with no one" strategy of building a team.  It is easy to say we need X in the abstract, w/o actually plugging in someone who is available.

520400[/snapback]

So, you'd pay the big talker the big bucks even though his "production" doesn't warrant it?

Brilliant!

Perhaps we can give him a Fina-esque contract?

Cap hell? What cap hell?

<_<

So, you'd pay the big talker the big bucks even though his "production" doesn't warrant it?

Brilliant!

Perhaps we can give him a Fina-esque contract?

Cap hell? What cap hell?

<_<

520404[/snapback]

I'd suggest actually having an inkling of who might take the field in his place. I know that is crazy talk to people in Pennsultucky, but it is just the way we do things here in the city. If you want to shoot 1st and ask questions later - then go ahead.

Clements has a ton of talent and I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater because of what has happened this season.

I'd suggest actually having an inkling of who might take the field in his place.  I know that is crazy talk to people in Pennsultucky, but it is just the way we do things here in the city.  If you want to shoot 1st and ask questions later - then go ahead.

Clements has a ton of talent and I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater because of what has happened this season.

520413[/snapback]

Well, ga-a-a-wlly!

We don't have 4 other Corners on the roster or anything--all of whom are just as adept as Clements at missing tackles, getting burnt and taking critical penalties.

Time to move on.

Well, ga-a-a-wlly!

We don't have 4 other Corners on the roster or anything--all of whom are just as adept as Clements at missing tackles, getting burnt and taking critical penalties.

Time to move on.

520418[/snapback]

So, instead of yelling at Nate every week, you want to yell at Eric King? This is a solution to you? <_<

Sounds like a solid plan to me...

520413[/snapback]

Agreed.The whole league has film of his play this year, but that won't stop a whole bunch of teams from trying to sign him.

I'd suggest actually having an inkling of who might take the field in his place.  I know that is crazy talk to people in Pennsultucky, but it is just the way we do things here in the city.  If you want to shoot 1st and ask questions later - then go ahead.

520413[/snapback]

Good post. Clements does have a ton of talent. I would want him back at the right price. Every corner gets burned. That is just the way it is. He has had a productive career with the Bills.

So, instead of yelling at Nate every week, you want to yell at Eric King?  This is a solution to you?  <_<

Sounds like a solid plan to me...

520421[/snapback]

Now, let's try to pay attention here, Scotty. You SAVE money at the corners to purchase the services of a DL that will help add to the pass rush.

A good pass rush makes mediocre corners suddenly look like world-beaters, not the other way around. TD has built this team on the "donut" philosophy...around the perimeters and throw whatever's left at the lines.

It's why this team is a perennial loser. Paying skill position guys rather than drafting for OL and DL skill and depth has eviscerated this club.

Agreed.The whole league has film of his play this year, but that won't stop a whole bunch of teams from trying to sign him.

520422[/snapback]

It is funny how every criticism comes in a vacuum. We complain mightly about our lack of DTs and lack of pass rush, when that has a direct impact on corners. We complain about the poor schemes of our DC. We complain about the poor play of our safeties. Yet, when all these adversely affect one of our most talented players - he is a bum too?

I don't see it. Nate can play corner and he will make a good defensive team better.

520413[/snapback]

Clements sounded like he was on the verge of a major breakdown when I heard the postgame. I generally think the reporters are a bunch of jagoffs, asking silly questions just to hear themselves talk. But, THE Clements tirade was prompted by one of Nate's own comments, where he kinda sorta indicated he was off THE field, recognizing he wasn't 100%, giving THE other guys on the team who were at 100% the reps (I realize he was on THE field, but had I only heard his comments to that point would have assumed he was off THE field).. You could actually hear THE tone of THE reporters comments change when he questioned whether or not Clements was on THE field. Then Clements lost it. Heck my 11 year old son picked up on it. Maybe because his repsonse was similar to what an unruly 11 year old might say if he felt threatened..."You think I'm scared to break THE window? Me? Scared? I ain't scared of nothing...".