Did anyone else notice.....

JP came up gimpy and looked like he lost his mobility after that. I really thought that Holcomb would play after that because we already had the big lead. More than anything else I think this was the poorest decision that Mularkey made all day.

No mention of this. McGee still looks injured as well.

JP came up gimpy and looked like he lost his mobility after that.  I really thought that Holcomb would play after that because we already had the big lead.  More than anything else I think this was the poorest decision that Mularkey made all day.

520219[/snapback]

If you don't know what happened or why - how can you declare this to be his "poorest decision"?

JP came up gimpy and looked like he lost his mobility after that.  I really thought that Holcomb would play after that because we already had the big lead.  More than anything else I think this was the poorest decision that Mularkey made all day.

No mention of this.  McGee still looks injured as well.

520219[/snapback]

More than anything else at this point in the season, pulling the developing QB would be a poor decision.

Because JP played like crap after he got hurt.  We did not score any points after he go hurt.

520267[/snapback]

He did not seem to play as well after the apparent injury. At this point, we really have no choice but to keep him in there to see what we have got. The season is (and has been over). Let's find out whether he is the QB of the future that some believe he is.

I am not sure whether he is or is not. It is so difficult to tell because he is playing behind a substandard o-line (as have every QB before him since Jim Kelly).

He led the team to 21 points.  He doesn't play defense.  And he should never have been told to pass on the Miami 3-yard line with a 21 point lead.

520308[/snapback]

JP has shown some flashes -- in this and other games. Yet, let's not get too carried away with blaming the coaching staff for a piss poor throw. If you watched JP on the sideline after the pick, he did not like it was anyone else's fault. At least he is man enough to know that. I give him more credit for his reaction than I do to posters who are trying to excuse the bad pass.

With any luck, he will learn from that mistake. When the games have meaning again (read next season), he will not make the same mistake. The fact of the matter is that an NFL QB has complete that pass to an open wr for a td.

JP has shown some flashes -- in this and other games.  Yet, let's not get too carried away with blaming the coaching staff for a piss poor throw.  If you watched JP on the sideline after the pick, he did not like it was anyone else's fault.  At least he is man enough to know that.  I give him more credit for his reaction than I do to posters who are trying to excuse the bad pass.

Oh, I'm not excusing him for a bad pass on a good read. I'm BLAMING the coaching staff for passing the ball at the 3 yard line with a 21 point lead, especially on 1st down. <_<

With any luck, he will learn from that mistake.  When the games have meaning again (read next season), he will not make the same mistake.  The fact of the matter is that an NFL QB has complete that pass to an open wr for a td.

I said in another post that this was a learning point for JP.

No mention of this.  McGee still looks injured as well.

520219[/snapback]

Yes, I saw that too. To me, it seemed to be his right foot or ankle, but I cannot be certain. He seemed to favor it at times later in the game, but not too badly. However, I don't think it was cause to replace him. JP needs all the work he can get right now. He needs to play every down for the rest of the season.