I am pumped for the draft!

Pete

We will have a top 10 pick in each round not to mention Tennesees 3rd! This team has a lot of needs- the draft will be the quickest way to fill them. JP played very well today- lets get him a line and get the defense a line while we are at it!

We will have a top 10 pick in each round not to mention Tennesees 3rd!  This team has a lot of needs- the draft will be the quickest way to fill them.  JP played very well today- lets get him a line and get the defense a line while we are at it!

519693[/snapback]

Trade up for REGGIE!

Trade up for REGGIE!

519695[/snapback]

Reggie is one of the most talented backs I have ever seen and I think the Gayle Sayers comparisons are spot on. That being said we need more then one player to get us over the hump. We need to revamp both lines. That is the quickest fix for this team- fortify the trenches

Why? We'll pick some overpriced under-performer anyway.

DonaHOE must GO!

519701[/snapback]

you mean like Terrence Mcgee? Jason Peters? Aaron Schobel? Brian Mohrman? I think TD has done a nice job with his talent assessment but has neglected the lines. His problem is not judging talent- its building infrastructure

Reggie is one of the most talented backs I have ever seen and I think the Gayle Sayers comparisons are spot on.  That being said we need more then one player to get us over the hump.  We need to revamp both lines.  That is the quickest fix for this team- fortify the trenches

519700[/snapback]

Trade Moulds, Milloy, Adams, Clements for the top 2 picks in the draft. Then we'd have 3 top 10 picks.

Hey, it would work in Madden. ;)

you mean like Terrence Mcgee?  Jason Peters?  Aaron Schobel?  Brian Mohrman?  I think TD has done a nice job with his talent assessment but has neglected the lines.  His problem is not judging talent- its building infrastructure

519710[/snapback]

Lay down the bowl and back away, Pete.

We will have a top 10 pick in each round not to mention Tennesees 3rd!  This team has a lot of needs- the draft will be the quickest way to fill them.  JP played very well today- lets get him a line and get the defense a line while we are at it!

519693[/snapback]

Of course, the most glaring needs are the lines...so I'm sure TD will use all those high picks to take stud skill players - maybe another WR, to replace Moulds, a CB, probably another RB. And we'll fill out the offensive line with some practice squad rejects from Houston and Cleveland.

Why the hell would anyone be insane enough to look forward to TD addressing this team's needs in the off-season...again? ;)

you mean like Terrence Mcgee?  Jason Peters?  Aaron Schobel?  Brian Mohrman?  I think TD has done a nice job with his talent assessment but has neglected the lines.  His problem is not judging talent- its building infrastructure

519710[/snapback]

I was thinking Mike Williams. Perhaps I'll throw McGahee in there, too.

I was thinking Mike Williams. Perhaps I'll throw McGahee in there, too.

519723[/snapback]

He whiffed on that pick, he neglected our oline and he fugged up with Bledsoe. To be fair he has gotten us out of cap hell and has found many later round gems. Angelo Crowell looks great

Reggie is one of the most talented backs I have ever seen and I think the Gayle Sayers comparisons are spot on.  That being said we need more then one player to get us over the hump.  We need to revamp both lines.  That is the quickest fix for this team- fortify the trenches

519700[/snapback]

I agree about Reggie, he may need a little time to adjust, and may never actually have a clear position on an offense, but the sheer impact he will make on the game will be like Vick, and LT. I see some RB, WR, and ST's in his future, as whoever is lucky enough to get him will utilize all his talents. A player like Bush doesn't come around often, of course you take him if he falls, but we will probably be in a position to nab a top DT or OT, so I don't see us trading up. That said even with the immense need for lineman I couldn't get upset about getting to watch Bush play for my favorite team. ;)

Of course, the most glaring needs are the lines...so I'm sure TD will use all those high picks to take stud skill players - maybe another WR, to replace Moulds, a CB, probably another RB.  And we'll fill out the offensive line with some practice squad rejects from Houston and Cleveland. 

Why the hell would anyone be insane enough to look forward to TD addressing this team's needs in the off-season...again;)

519719[/snapback]

I keep not wanting this to be the case, but...

Is any game on this list truly a gimmie? I see the collective balls ripped out of this team after this loss. DEN has KC and SD nipping at their heals, CIN has Pittsburgh, and by the final week the Jets may be playing their last game for Herm Edwards. We could realistically be in one of the top 5 picks, with another top 5 pick from Tennessee in the 3rd, and probably an additional 3rd and 4th for comp from JJ and PW. This is one of the most talented drafts in a long time, so while this may suck at least it's a good year to do it.

I know, it's pathetic it has come to this

;)

Is any game on this list truly a gimmie? I see the collective balls ripped out of this team after this loss. DEN has KC and SD nipping at their heals, CIN has Pittsburgh, and by the final week the Jets may be playing their last game for Herm Edwards. We could realistically be in one of the top 5 picks, with another top 5 pick from Tennessee in the 3rd, and probably an additional 3rd and 4th for comp from JJ and PW. This is one of the most talented drafts in a long time, so while this may suck at least it's a good year to do it.

I know, it's pathetic it has come to this

;)

519827[/snapback]

I would take it. Lots of changes need to be made. The talent in this draft is ridiculous! We would be a contender next year with a strong draft

He whiffed on that pick, he neglected our oline and he fugged up with Bledsoe.  To be fair he has gotten us out of cap hell and has found many later round gems.  Angelo Crowell looks great

519731[/snapback]

Angelo Crowell was a third round pick in 2003. Other than McGee, TD hasn't found any bona fide starters on the second day of the draft.

The good news about this loss is that it brings us one step closer to having a new GM this offseason.

Angelo Crowell was a third round pick in 2003. Other than McGee, TD hasn't found any bona fide starters on the second day of the draft.

The good news about this loss is that it brings us one step closer to having a new GM this offseason.

519848[/snapback]

Duke Preston. Jason Peters. Brian Mohrman.