Peerless Price Released By Cowboys

Mark VI

For one year. See Alvin Harper.

518533[/snapback]

well, who knows if he would have remained a great player in buffalo. Everything was just clicking that year on offence. I even remember telling my friends, wait and see till we upgrade a bit our defence... then our offence went out the door <_<

It's amazing how people trash people once they leave the team... at least they usually have in other threads, anyway.

He showed us something, then couldn't make it as a number one. So we keep him in mind in case we need an experienced minimum wage wr pickup who is probably pretty humbled by now.

well, who knows if he would have remained a great player in buffalo.  Everything was just clicking that year on offence.  I even remember telling my friends, wait and see till we upgrade a bit our defence... then our offence went out the door <_<

518534[/snapback]

Our offense wasn't that great during the second half of the 2002 season. Why does everyone keep forgetting that? They were awesome until they first played the Pats, and from then on either BB got into Drew's head or BB showed the rest of the league how to stop Kevin Killdrive's O.

So we keep him in mind in case we need an experienced minimum wage wr pickup who is probably pretty humbled by now.

518540[/snapback]

Never. His complete lack of heart and short arming balls over the middle will never be forgotton. He's been cut by 2 teams for a reason.

Lets not forget the fact that he doesn't even PRETEND to block.

518592[/snapback]

He does have a promising second career as a matador.....say what you want about Josh Reed, but the darn kid is a willing blocker...

I read something once about a vision problem that was not correctable. This was supposedly impacting his ability to pick up the ball and causing drops. Here is something from footballguys.com that mentions it...

Peerless is item #1

Price struggled to make an impact in Atlanta for a variety of reasons. He was not physical enough to be a true #1 WR, Vick often struggled with his accuracy as a passer, and there were reports that Price had vision problems which were affecting his play. Reuniting in Dallas could be a great fit for him as he's already had his best season with Bledsoe at QB, and players like Keyshawn Johnson and Jason Witten should draw most of the defensive attention so he won't have to face top CBs or many double teams. When he is given time, Bledsoe still throws one of the best deep balls in the league so Price and Terry Glenn should make inviting targets if the offensive line can hold up.

Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

| 1999 buf | 16 | 1 -7 -7.0 0 | 31 393 12.7 3 |

| 2000 buf | 16 | 2 32 16.0 0 | 52 762 14.7 3 |

| 2001 buf | 16 | 6 97 16.2 0 | 55 895 16.3 7 |

| 2002 buf | 16 | 3 -13 -4.3 0 | 94 1252 13.3 9 |

| 2003 atl | 16 | 2 3 1.5 0 | 64 838 13.1 3 |

| 2004 atl | 16 | 3 34 11.3 0 | 45 575 12.8 3 |

| 2005 dal | 7 | 1 9 9.0 0 | 6 96 16.0 0 |

+----------+-----+--------------------------+--------

One year wonder my a$$

That's something that TD was WAY ahead of the game on - just when Peerless was at his peak, in terms of production and PERCEPTION, TD sold him like an extended stock, and bought Willis in his place.

Good move. I think Peerless is a guy who they knew would be changed by the Big Contract. He has NEVER been tough, he has never been a good or willing blocker, he has slightly above average hands, and he mopes.

There. That's my positive post of the week. Perhaps of the month. Nobody in the Bills administration deserves any more than that at this point.

It's amazing how people trash people once they leave the team...  at least they usually have in other threads, anyway.

He showed us something,  then couldn't make it as a number one.  So we keep him in mind in case we need an experienced minimum wage wr pickup who is probably pretty humbled by now.

518540[/snapback]

He has already been humbled by his release by the Falcons...and he was

the 4th WR on the Cowboys depth chart before Patrick Crayton was

injured.....

I don't think this team needs another speed burner...what it needs is

a player who can make the catch in the traffic and convert them into

1st downs.

what if the bills were making a playoff push, like playing much better than they are now but not exactly over the hump. wouldnt' he come cheap since he is a castoff of many teams, and wouldn't he be a decent playmaker. Basically signing him for the rest of the season?

Year  TM |  G |  Att  Yards    Y/A  TD |  Rec  Yards  Y/R  TD |

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

| 1999 buf |  16 |    1    -7  -7.0    0 |    31    393  12.7    3 |

| 2000 buf |  16 |    2    32  16.0    0 |    52    762  14.7    3 |

| 2001 buf |  16 |    6    97  16.2    0 |    55    895  16.3    7 |

| 2002 buf |  16 |    3    -13  -4.3    0 |    94  1252  13.3    9 |

| 2003 atl |  16 |    2      3    1.5    0 |    64    838  13.1    3 |

| 2004 atl |  16 |    3    34  11.3    0 |    45    575  12.8    3 |

| 2005 dal |  7 |    1      9    9.0    0 |    6    96  16.0    0 |

+----------+-----+--------------------------+--------

One year wonder my a$$

518631[/snapback]

2002 was great. Very average to below average the other years. Stats don't show all the missed blocks, dropped balls, broken patterns, short arming balls etc. Made a ton of $$ but I never liked the guy.

He was the walking definition of gutless on gameday. Atlanta and Dallas agreed.

Are you his agent ?