Mark Gaughan article

Orton's Arm

You mean...like this one? 

Give me a break...people like you and meazza demonstrate on a daily basis that you aren't capable of intelligent, reasonable discussion.  Then you whine because I sink to your level?  <_<

518560[/snapback]

Come on Tom. Quit making sense in this thread. We know that's not allowed.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean...like this one? 

Give me a break...people like you and meazza demonstrate on a daily basis that you aren't capable of intelligent, reasonable discussion.  Then you whine because I sink to your level?  :P

518560[/snapback]

This from someone who's never risen to the level of having an intelligent discussion, and whose only tool of persuasion is name-calling? <_<

I'm just being a hindrance to intelligent conversation.  That's all.

Of course, I'm perfectly happy to be a hindrance to "intelligent" conversation the likes of "Does sound travel faster than light in space?"  <_<  :P

518562[/snapback]

die

This thread is a real cesspool.

518579[/snapback]

I agree with this, especially with the use of the word "cesspool." Now we just have to figure out which of us has been flinging the feces. Based on smell, I'd say the fecal matter came from a monkey. Hmmm . . .

I agree with this, especially with the use of the word "cesspool." Now we just have to figure out which of us has been flinging the feces. Based on smell, I'd say the fecal matter came from a monkey. Hmmm . . .

518588[/snapback]

I'm kind of impressed, tho abit more disturbed, by your uncanny ability to identify feces

518588[/snapback]

Stay up all night thinking this one up?

This is the second time on this thread someone's complimented GG's intelligence. Certainly he has provided us with no evidence of intelligent thought on this thread. I'm curious as to which threads he's posted on where his thoughts and arguments are well reasoned and well thought out.

518433[/snapback]

Can't vouch for my intelligence, but can tell you that Simon isn't smart, because he doesn't even have a college degree.

Now back to this disaster of a serpentine thread.

Why did you pick on Gaughan's article and not Sully's, as your thought pattern clearly parallels his?

Here's a news flash, genius, Bills have had a crappy record in drafting both line positions. That's not a secret, and is quite accepted by many on this board.

The problem for you and other Jerry Sullivan attention starved accolytes, is that once you say it, it's done, so you have to keep on saying it over and over and over again. When that gets old, you start manufacturing crap to justify saying the same thing over and over and over again.

And that's when I come in, especially when laws of logic, as they apply to men and not women are broken.

The reason that I brought up Roy Williams, is youre inane point that Donahoe did not trade down from #4, when it was widely speculated that Bills wanted RW. So if Bills had received a trade offer and they really really wanted RW, why didn't they? Could it be that there was no reasonable trade offer?

Then you continue to harp on lack of 1st day OL picks, even coming up with a convenient statistic to illustrate your brilliance. Too bad your brilliance is overmatched by your ignorance. Although, OL represents 22% of the starters, applying that hard ratio to 1st day picks is ridiculous without considering the team's other needs and available players at the time. How did Travares Tillman work out as a 2nd round pick, when Butler applied your need theory for a safety?

Then you get to conveniently pick & choose the correct trades & draft pick sto justify your superiority. Well, genius, if Butler had not traded for RJ, we'd still be sitting pretty with a very good LT in Tra Thomas. So, you can't use the Bledsoe trade as Donahoe's stupidity, but laud him for the Clements trade & the Willis trades. So much for consistency.

I'm still scratching my head about the Antoine Winflield trade. Myabe you were referring to Antonio.

Can't vouch for my intelligence, but can tell you that Simon isn't smart, because he doesn't even have a college degree.

Now back to this disaster of a serpentine thread.

Why did you pick on Gaughan's article and not Sully's, as your thought pattern clearly parallels his?

Here's a news flash, genius, Bills have had a crappy record in drafting both line positions.  That's not a secret, and is quite accepted by many on this board. 

The problem for you and other Jerry Sullivan attention starved accolytes, is that once you say it, it's done, so you have to keep on saying it over and over and over again.  When that gets old, you start manufacturing crap to justify saying the same thing over and over and over again.

And that's when I come in, especially when laws of logic, as they apply to men and not women are broken.

The reason that I brought up Roy Williams, is youre inane point that Donahoe did not trade down from #4, when it was widely speculated that Bills wanted RW.  So if Bills had received a trade offer and they really really wanted RW, why didn't they?  Could it be that there was no reasonable trade offer?

Then you continue to harp on lack of 1st day OL picks, even coming up with a convenient statistic to illustrate your brilliance.  Too bad your brilliance is overmatched by your ignorance.  Although, OL represents 22% of the starters, applying that hard ratio to 1st day picks is ridiculous without considering the team's other needs and available players at the time.  How did Travares Tillman work out as a 2nd round pick, when Butler applied your need theory for a safety?

Then you get to conveniently pick & choose the correct trades & draft pick sto justify your superiority.  Well, genius, if Butler had not traded for RJ, we'd still be sitting pretty with a very good LT in Tra Thomas.  So, you can't use the Bledsoe trade as Donahoe's stupidity, but laud him for the Clements trade & the Willis trades. So much for consistency.

I'm still scratching my head about the Antoine Winflield trade.  Myabe you were referring to Antonio.

518793[/snapback]

i don't think we have been bad picking D linemen, or really O linemen. I think we have good value for the 2nd rounders we have pumped into the Dline (not great, but they look worse with the chumps at DT). I think our problem is just NOT spending any high picks at all on interior D linemen and only 1 in 5 years on the O line at all.

I am pretty sure if TD and co really stepped up and decided to work on drafting and signing linemen we could be MUCH better right after this offseason.

Let's hope I am right and they do want good lines.

Neither does Bill Gates. I'll make my assessments of Simon's intelligence based on what I see in his posts, not on the letters after his name. Thus far I haven't seen much, but I'm open to changing my opinion.

Certainly a thread picking on one of Sully's articles would be a unique contribution to these boards. Maybe you should start one.

The problem for you and other Jerry Sullivan attention starved accolytes, is that once you say it, it's done, so you have to keep on saying it over and over and over again.  When that gets old, you start manufacturing crap to justify saying the same thing over and over and over again.

It's hard to talk about football for 365 days a year without being repetitive. Since I hate repetition, I added some new things to the discussion, such as the ratio of first day picks spent on the o-line compared to the percentage of offensive linemen who are starters.

You certainly have fallen short of this goal on this particular thread.

The reason that I brought up Roy Williams, is youre inane point that Donahoe did not trade down from #4, when it was widely speculated that Bills wanted RW.

Speculated, not known. Besides that, TD said he'd basically fallen in love with Mike Williams, and that it would take a very generous offer for him to trade down.

Then you continue to harp on lack of 1st day OL picks, even coming up with a convenient statistic to illustrate your brilliance.  Too bad your brilliance is overmatched by your ignorance. 

Are there any specific facts you're accusing me of being ignorant of, or do you just like to hear yourself talk?

Although, OL represents 22% of the starters, applying that hard ratio to 1st day picks is ridiculous without considering the team's other needs and available players at the time. 

No need was more pressing than the offensive line, and there were those needs that were less pressing. If you're talking need, the offensive line should have gotten more than its proportionate share of first day picks. I'd agree that you shouldn't reach for a player based on a perceived need, but over the course of five drafts you should be able to address the line without reaching for players.

Then you get to conveniently pick & choose the correct trades & draft pick sto justify your superiority.  Well, genius,

Earlier in this thread, you asked me what Donahoe should have done on the first day of the draft to address the offensive line. It's not my fault you're crying about getting what you asked for.

So, you can't use the Bledsoe trade as Donahoe's stupidity, but laud him for the Clements trade & the Willis trades. So much for consistency.

I consistently call it like I see it. The Clements trade-down was good, the Bledsoe trade was not. Though if Clements walks in free agency, the only thing the Bills will have left from that trade-down is Tennessee's third round pick.

I'm still scratching my head about the Antoine Winflield trade.  Myabe you were referring to Antonio.

When I wrote about the Antoine Winfield trade, I was referring to Antoine Winfield. Once that guy hit free agency, there was a lot of interest in him, especially from the Jets and the Vikings. I felt (and still feel) that TD should have put the franchise tag on Winfield, and then traded those rights away for at least a 2nd round pick, but hopefully a pick in the first round. Basically he would have been trying to pull a Peerless deal all over again.