Gulf of Tonkin Documents released

Gee, Stuck old boy, why didn't you mention this part of the article?

"But he clears President Johnson and his ministers of any blame. They were only shown intelligence supporting the claim of an attack, not a wealth of contradictory material, he says."

Could it be that you are guilty of twisting the facts to support your own political views? 0:)

Nah, I didn't think so, either... :doh:

Actually this paragraph tells me all I need to know.

"The US government is said to have fought the declassification of the documents over fears of comparisons with the handling of Iraq, says the BBC's defence and security correspondent Rob Watson."

Stuck, old bean, if the current administration thought they could smear a long dead Democrat with these revelations, they would have been trumpeted from the rooftops.

Obviously they don't, because they've been rather mum on the subject, haven't they? But then again, you know how much they love hearing the names Iraq and Viet-Nam in the same sentence.

Gee, Stuck old boy, why didn't you mention this part of the article?

"But he clears President Johnson and his ministers of any blame. They were only shown intelligence supporting the claim of an attack, not a wealth of contradictory material, he says."

Could it be that you are guilty of twisting the facts to support your own political views?  0:)

Nah, I didn't think so, either...  :doh:

517736[/snapback]

Get some help for that affliction, RI - feel free to cite as many news reports as you like. Given I cite a reference, that I obviously did not author, excerise you paranoia upon others.

Pal. :(:lol:

Get some help for that affliction, RI - feel free to cite as many news reports as you like. Given I cite a reference, that I obviously did not author, excerise you paranoia upon others.

Pal. 0:)  :doh:

517782[/snapback]

Sure I will Stuck, old boy, just as soon as you reveal who posted this in your name.

Classified documents re the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin attacks.

"When Johnson lied, people (fill in the blank)."

:(

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1205/282459.html

517731[/snapback]

You did call Johnson a Liar in your post didn't you? and you did reference it back to an article that specificly says that Johnson Didn't Lie, didn't you?

Hmmm... who's kidding whom?

Sure I will Stuck, old boy, just as soon as you reveal who posted this in your name.

You did call Johnson a Liar in your post didn't you? and you did reference it back to an article that specificly says that Johnson Didn't Lie, didn't you?

Hmmm... who's kidding whom?

517859[/snapback]

Hmmm, what do quote marks and a smilie imply?

Very nice, though...insults and snide comments from your first post on. Good to see that age hasn't taught old boy RI any manners... 0:)

Hmmm, what do quote marks and a smilie imply?

Very nice, though...insults and snide comments from your first post on. Good to see that age hasn't taught old boy RI any manners... 0:)

517894[/snapback]

It's the smiley season.

If Ralphie only had smilies...Flick would never have been permantly damaged in the flagpole attack.

It's the smiley season.

If Ralphie only had smilies...Flick would never have been permantly damaged in the flagpole attack.

517909[/snapback]

Flick? Flick Who? :devil:

Flick wasn't permanently damaged! Now, Scott Farkus, he probably never got over his humiliation. And I wonder what became of Grover Dill, his crummy little toadie?

This is all really going to confuse CTM I'm afraid.

Flick? Flick Who? <_<

Flick wasn't permanently damaged!  Now, Scott Farkus, he probably never got over his humiliation.  And I wonder what became of Grover Dill, his crummy little toadie?

This is all really going to confuse CTM I'm afraid.

518405[/snapback]

I want your body.

Give it up.

Now see if they would have redistricted Vietnam like they are Texas we never would have had communism problems.   <_<

518507[/snapback]

No... NO, NO. We would have had worse problems!

I can just see it now... Redistricting all over the "Nam"... Picking up commies in Hanoi, then winding ever so slightly down the Ho Chi Minh trail to pick up those sneeky little commies near Saigon. Who knows? That might even cause them to change the name from Saigon to Ho Chi Minh City someday!

So, IMO, I have to respectfully disagree with you VA.