More Tom DeLay

It is really bad by the Cali dems. The Republican mayor of the city I lived in wanted to run for Assemblyman in 2002. He had to quit and move out of town because of gerrmandering to have any chance of winning. My town is about 20 miles as the crow flies from Oakland. The way they redrew the district, I am in a district that is heavily democrat now that includes about a quarter of Oakland. The land connecting us is open space with almost no people on it. The mayor had to move about 10 miles to the next town over to be in a mostly agricultural district. Even so, his district now extends to the suburbs of Stockton which is 30 miles away.

He was so good a mayor, that the town has had a surplus since 1994 and the current mayor, who is a democrat (the local elections have no party stated on the ballot and no primary) endorsed him for re-election last year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.  But they'll defend him no matter what.

At least he didn't have any self-employed models in the car.  They're all in Minneapolis I hear. :devil:

518160[/snapback]

Is this some sort of bad existentialist riddle? I swear, I have no !@#$ing idea what point you're trying to make. I don't think I'm the only one, either. I'm not even sure you know.

What does Irvin getting caught with drugs have to do with redistricting? 

Did you see something shiney Debbie?

518241[/snapback]

I am gonna go out on a limb year VA (naa, not me! :lol:;) )... It might be a stretch but, you have been on the board a long time.

So here goes.

It doesn't have anything to do with redistricting. Capiche?

Now lets put two and two together. We all know that Debbie lived in Texas, she is now in Washington. Still not following me?

Maybe it was just a way of saying that Texas is a nutty place?

Now again, NOT that it has anything to do with redistricting in the state of Texas... Which again DOESN'T.

Got it?

Okay,

I

can

slow

down

if

I

am

going

too

fast.

:devil::lol::lol:

Is this some sort of bad existentialist riddle?  I swear, I have no !@#$ing idea what point you're trying to make.  I don't think I'm the only one, either.  I'm not even sure you know.

518255[/snapback]

Ah but I do and I'm not the only one. Some of you process serially, others can do it in parallel. That you don't understand just means you don't process the same way I do and perhaps are not willing to try to step outside your comfort zone. If you'd lived in TX, as EII says, you'd know.

Ah but I do and I'm not the only one.  Some of you process serially, others can do it in parallel. That you don't understand just means you don't process the same way I do and perhaps are not willing to try to step outside your comfort zone.  If you'd lived in TX, as EII says, you'd know.

518394[/snapback]

"There are none so blind as those who will not see"

I forgot who said that, but it sure does apply to this board. :lol::lol::devil:

Ah but I do and I'm not the only one.  Some of you process serially, others can do it in parallel. That you don't understand just means you don't process the same way I do and perhaps are not willing to try to step outside your comfort zone.  If you'd lived in TX, as EII says, you'd know.

518394[/snapback]

Or...maybe that I don't understand means you're not making any sense. :devil: I don't see anyone defending Michael Irvin...I don't even see anyone defending Tom Delay, for that matter. Just lots of "Well...you do it too!" Then you come barrelling into the mud-slinging like an elephant with diarhhea blathering about Irvin and the Minnesota Vikings. And it's my fault you don't make any sense?

You have multiple personalities or something? You have an amazing ability to go from making coherent and good points to spewing total nonsense in the space of a few days. I'm going to have to start calling you Sybil.

Or...maybe that I don't understand means you're not making any sense.  :devil:  I don't see anyone defending Michael Irvin...I don't even see anyone defending Tom Delay, for that matter.  Just lots of "Well...you do it too!"  Then you come barrelling into the mud-slinging like an elephant with diarhhea blathering about Irvin and the Minnesota Vikings.  And it's my fault you don't make any sense? 

You have multiple personalities or something?  You have an amazing ability to go from making coherent and good points to spewing total nonsense in the space of a few days.  I'm going to have to start calling you Sybil.

518403[/snapback]

That's an insult to Sybil.

That's an insult to Sybil.

518441[/snapback]

Just because you may be singularly uninformed, doesn't mean it's not happening. You can read the Dallas Morning News online, there were plenty of articles and op ed / letters this past week.

Just because you may be singularly uninformed, doesn't mean it's not happening.  You can read the Dallas Morning News online, there were plenty of articles and op ed / letters this past week.

518496[/snapback]

Read the Dallas Morning News? Why on earth would anyone do that? Are you sure you're not clinically insane?

<_<

518394[/snapback]

Debbie, did you forget who you were dealing with here? <_<:P

"Son you wear a peace sign on your helmet and you write next to it: 'Born TO Kill'."

"Sir, Yes, Sir!"

"Is that supposed to be some kind of a sick JOKE?"

"Sir, No, Sir."

"What does it mean?"

"I don't know, sir."

"Well you had better get your head wired to your !@#$ or I will take a giant sh-- on you. What does it mean soldier? Figure it out, or you'll be standing tall befoe the man."

"Sir, I believe it has something to do with the duality of man, Sir"

"The Duality of What?"

"You know, that Jungian thing? The duality of Man?"

"Who's side are you on, boy?"

"Our side, sir.........."

Debbie, did you forget who you were dealing with here? <_<  :P 

"Son you wear a peace sign on your helmet and you write next to it: 'Born TO Kill'."

"Sir, Yes, Sir!"

"Is that supposed to be some kind of a sick JOKE?"

"Sir, No, Sir."

"What does it mean?"

"I don't know, sir."

"Well you had better get your head wired to your !@#$ or I will take a giant sh-- on you. What does it mean soldier? Figure it out, or you'll be standing tall befoe the man."

"Sir, I believe it has something to do with the duality of man, Sir"

"The Duality of What?"

"You know, that Jungian thing? The duality of Man?"

"Who's side are you on, boy?"

"Our side, sir.........."

518693[/snapback]

I never forget, but hope springs eternal. It's one of the things that separates us from them.

I never forget, but hope springs eternal.  It's one of the things that separates us from them.

518705[/snapback]

:P

So true!

I try to use ( ) a lot now. You just can't leave nothing to chance with the "small bus" crowd.

They just don't understand that the quote feature is there is for a reason. It is kinda important that you read the quote when reading the reply. I guess any extra reading is bad with some?

In the days of threaded views things were pretty exciting. Usually, you would get somebody that wouldn't read the thread through and then take umbrage to a totally non-related reply, sidebar or topic tangent. <_<

Well, I guess hope is all you dems have left, since you have no solutions to the problems you criticize.

"Short bus", "Retard Rodeo" - more love from the left. What have you got against "Dawgged" people?

:P

So true!

I try to use ( ) a lot now.  You just can't leave nothing to chance with the "small bus" crowd...

518712[/snapback]

And just to reinforce your point we have...

Well, I guess hope is all you dems have left, since you have no solutions to the problems you criticize.

"Short bus", "Retard Rodeo" - more love from the left. What have you got against "Dawgged" people?

518764[/snapback]

...a Classic Example of the Talking Points Spewing Chickenhawk, on display for all to see. <_<

Well...we got rid of Rich in Ohio.  We need to keep one token Talking Points Spewing Chickenhawk.  <_<

518825[/snapback]

One man's Talking Points Spewing Chickenhawk is another man's Talking Points Spewing Foghorn Leghorn. That's what makes America great. That and......................Looney Tunes. :P