More Tom DeLay

was illegal to start with.

The staff lawyers at Justice sent a memo to the top brass telling them to pull the plug on the redistricting because it didn't pass constitutional review. The top brass (Political Appointees) chose to quash the memo and allow the redistricting to go on unchallenged. Read Story Here.

Now, before the members of the "Retard Rodeo" get their panties in an uproar because I linked to that "Bastion of the Liberal Media" and start claiming it's all just hate, hate, hate, the question I want to ask is:

Why didn't these same people come out with this story two years ago?

Do you think the Republican Stranglehold on Washington is rapidly crumbling?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

517702[/snapback]

No. The dems are are crumbling. I heard this AM that they are running a candidate against Lieberman in the primary. One of the few sensible dems in a major position in Congress. Can't stray off the reservation or you'll pay for it.

"Retard Rodeo"-and WE'RE full of hate?

was illegal to start with.

The staff lawyers at Justice sent a memo to the top brass telling them to pull the plug on the redistricting because it didn't pass constitutional review. The top brass (Political Appointees) chose to quash the memo and allow the redistricting to go on unchallenged. Read Story Here.

Now, before the members of the "Retard Rodeo" get their panties in an uproar because I linked to that "Bastion of the Liberal Media" and start claiming it's all just hate, hate, hate, the question I want to ask is:

Why didn't these same people come out with this story two years ago?

517702[/snapback]

Legal, schmeegal. In Texas, a little thing like innocence is no bar to an otherwise perfectly good conviction so why on earth would any body care about the legality of Delaymandering your way to fame, fortune and free rounds of Golf at the Royal and Acient Golf Club in Scotland? Screw the law, Jesus wanted them to come up with a districting plan that looks like something drawn up on a spirograph so who are we to object? Accept Jesus as your lord and saviour and shut the eff up already. 0:)

Yup, and in the state of VA the dems have been reworking our so that it minimizes the repubs that can get into office. Hell my district cuts from VA Beach up to northern VA. Tell me that is reality. Completely different economies, backgrounds of people, etc.... yet for control, this is what we deal with.

Can't stray off the reservation or you'll pay for it.

517779[/snapback]

Yeah, kind of like Paul O'Neil, McCain, General Shinseki, Harriet Miers, Alberto Gonzalez, Arlen Specter, Richard Clarke, Colin Powell, Souter, O'Connor, Whitman, Wilkerson, Hegel, etc., etc. Might as well add Murtha, as conservative a democrat as you could find who often has sided with the administration and yet, when he dared to disagree on Iraq, they went after him. I believe Specter's testicles are still in a jar of alcohol on James Dobson's desk. Maybe he will get them back after confirming Judge "he man girl hater" Alito ("Women? At Princeton?!@*@!$??? It shall not be!)

Ohmygod, But, But, But, the Dummycrats are so much Worser!!!

Like I said, The Retard Rodeo...

:doh:  :(  :lol:  :lol:  0:)

517889[/snapback]

You introduce partisan tripe, yet we're part of the retard rodeo?

Legal, schmeegal.  In Texas, a little thing like innocence is no bar to an otherwise perfectly good conviction so why on earth would any body care about the legality of Delaymandering your way to fame, fortune and free rounds of Golf at the Royal and Acient Golf Club in Scotland?  Screw the law, Jesus wanted them to come up with a districting plan that looks like something drawn up on a spirograph so who are we to object?  Accept Jesus as your lord and saviour and shut the eff up already. :devil:

517780[/snapback]

If it's one of their own any principles they have are tossed to the wind. They're OUTRAGED for example that Michael Irvin was pulled over for exceeding the speed limit by 18 MPH - and then because he had an outstand warrant, his car was searched and he was busted for a dope pipe....freaking guy broke the law and is being treated like any one of the rest of us. If it was, say, Brent Farve or JP Losman, if they even noted it, their reaction would be "prima donna doped up dumb jock."

If it's one of their own any principles they have are tossed to the wind.  They're OUTRAGED for example that Michael Irvin was pulled over for exceeding the speed limit by 18 MPH - and then because he had an outstand warrant, his car was searched and he was busted for a dope pipe....freaking guy broke the law and is being treated like any one of the rest of us.  If it was, say, Brent Farve or JP Losman, if they even noted it, their reaction would be "prima donna doped up dumb jock."

518146[/snapback]

Michael Irvin? What? :devil:

Does anyone have a clue about what Debbie is talking about in this thread? If so please fill me in, because it's like have a football conversation on the Bills VS Miami game and then having some idiot blurt out that Fred Taylor is a great running back.

Does anyone have a clue about what Debbie is talking about in this thread?  If so please fill me in, because it's like have a football conversation on the Bills VS Miami game and then having some idiot blurt out that Fred Taylor is a great running back.

518182[/snapback]

Idiot. Taylor sucks. LT is a great RB.

Does anyone have a clue about what Debbie is talking about in this thread?  If so please fill me in, because it's like have a football conversation on the Bills VS Miami game and then having some idiot blurt out that Fred Taylor is a great running back.

518182[/snapback]

That's right we have to walk and talk baby steps for some people. I should have responded to Mickey's post

"You are rightl In fact it's a cultural thing down there. If Osama bin Laden was from Ding Dong, TX, they'd back him to the hilt because he's THEIR sumbitch. For example, look at how they are rallying around the criminal Michael Irvin, who is a disgrace to his former team and the City of Dallas." etc.

Is that too hard for you? Shall I go more slowly? :devil:

You introduce partisan tripe, yet we're part of the retard rodeo?

517951[/snapback]

In fairness, while the motive may be partisan the story is not. Or rather, it's import goes beyond the merely partisan.

The desire to gerrymander is pretty much universal. There are no shortage of agregious examples by both parties. What makes this story so unusual is that they went ahead with it despite the unaminous opinion of the justice department ahead of time that it was illegal as envisioned, along with the gag order on the lawyers involved. I'm not aware of that happening elsewhere. So it is disappointing that the responses gravitated to the political than rather to this exceptional point.

That's right we have to walk and talk baby steps for some people.  I should have responded to Mickey's post

"You are rightl In fact it's a cultural thing down there.  If Osama bin Laden was from Ding Dong, TX, they'd back him to the hilt because he's THEIR sumbitch.  For example, look at how they are rallying around the criminal Michael Irvin, who is a disgrace to his former team and the City of Dallas."  etc.

Is that too hard for you?  Shall I go more slowly? :devil:

518210[/snapback]

What does Irvin getting caught with drugs have to do with redistricting?

Did you see something shiney Debbie?