A Solution

1.) Headcoach: Brian Billick assuming he gets fired (experienced and tough)

2.) DC: Don Capers

3.) OC: Leave that to Billick

4.) GM: Ron Jaworski or Sean Salisbury (this is a little outside of the box but they know the game, especially offensively and would bring some new concepts and ideas to the table, Jaws would be great for Losman; Salisbury has great energy and relates to modern players and can sell the program to FAs)

5.) Attempt to rework Mike Williams to a lower salary, force him to get down to 340, and make him play right guard. He has talent, it is between his ears

6.) Sign the best FA o-lineman on the block, regardless

7.) Start Duke Preston immediately at center, move Teague to guard for the rest of the year

8.) Draft Negota or Eric Winston OT Miami or Winston Justice OT USC

1.) Headcoach:  Brian Billick assuming he gets fired (experienced and tough)

4.) GM: Ron Jaworski or Sean Salisbury (this is a little outside of the box but they know the game, especially offensively and would bring some new concepts and ideas to the table, Jaws would be great for Losman; Salisbury has great energy and relates to modern players and can sell the program to FAs)

5.) Attempt to rework Mike Williams to a lower salary, force him to get down to 340, and make him play right guard. He has talent, it is between his ears

7.) Start Duke Preston immediately at center, move Teague to guard for the rest of the year

517564[/snapback]

9.) Franchise Tag the Playmaker

10.) Sign a 3rd down, pass catching RB in the FA market, a change of pace guy.

Headcoach: Brian Billick assuming he gets fired (experienced and tough)

Considering that Ozzie Newsome is widely considered one of the league's finest GM's, and that Billick hasn't done squat for 5 years in a weak division with all the talent he's been feeding him, I'd have to say.... :doh:

DC: Don Capers

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you meant Dom Capers.

Are you sure you won't have a fit considering that Donahoe has already hired Capers once which makes him one of those "Pittsburgh rejects" that compose 90% of our administration and roster. 0:)

GM: Ron Jaworski or Sean Salisbury

:o:o:o

Salisbury has great energy and relates to modern players

:(:lol::lol:

517564[/snapback]

Salisbury NO. Jaws is a possibility. He has a little front office experience in the Arena League. I am not sure he would leave his job right now (I think he is President of the Philadelphia Soul) to take the GM job.

517564[/snapback]

I don't know Pipe. Billick has never done anything for me. He has been in a division with Cleveland (still in expansion) and Cincinnatti (a joke from 1988-2003) and an up and down Pittsburgh team. He has not shown he can be consistent. He is supposed to be a QB/offensive genius, and while he hasn't had much to work with (Dilfer, Boller) you'd expect he could groom some success there. He's good at finding the TV cameras, but I'm not sold on him as a coach.

I agree, Gray may need to move on. Capers will be available, might not be too bad.

In reality, I don't see MM or TD going anywhere.

517564[/snapback]

This is a VERY expensive venture, and does not always pan out. Jonas Jennings was the best free agent OT last year, and the Niners overpaid and got a few games out of him. The idea is good, but like everything else, is very risky and could strap the team financially for several years if it doesn't work out. (Clearly, the cheap journeyman linemen don't always work out either though 0:) )

517564[/snapback]

Yes and Yes.

He won one SB during a weak year for the league. I am not impressed with him as a HC.

517676[/snapback]

And Billicks Offensive Genius has ensured that the Baltimore Ravens were

in ethe bottom quarter of the league in offense year in year out.....Plus he

could not groom a 1st round QB in Redman and Kyle Boller to a NFL QB

status.....Sorry....He is no better than a Mularkey........I would rathaer have

a Mike Martz who knows to coach offense successfully....Look at the

QBs that hfuave come through that system......Warner, Bulger, Martin,

Fitzpatrick....

517564[/snapback]

Can we also hire john clayton as vice GM, and then him and salisbury can debate the Bills roster moves on ESPN every week? :devil:

Can we also hire john clayton as vice GM, and then him and salisbury can debate the Bills roster moves on ESPN every week?  :devil:

518080[/snapback]

Michael Irvin may be available for something....just make sure the pipe makes it back to you!

Michael Irvin may be available for something....just make sure the pipe makes it back to you!

518106[/snapback]

And may be he will be able to convince TO to come with him...At least the

city of Buffalo will get some national recognition to see live circus from these

folks.

517564[/snapback]

You shouldn't smoke the pipe before you post.

1 and 3) Billick flat-out sucks as far as being able to put together ANY remotely NFL-like offense. He is an unmitigated DISASTER. So, the idea of him and the HC and responsible for the OC is nonsense, as far as I'm concerned.

4) Salsbury is a total moron...case closed. Her seems to have toned down his TV act a little...but, his stupidity comes shining through every time he opens his mouth. A bad back-up QB and blow-hard TV analyst is not thinking outside the box...it's thinking inside the plastic bag.

One might consider Jaws as an outside the box candidate...but, still, he's not a proven GM. As long as we're pie-in-the-skying, why not get someone PROVEN to do that job?

6) Regardless of what? That's about as useful as the "Whatever it takes" comment made on Fox a couple of weeks ago (as the "Key" to KC's winning vs. the Bills). Why not just say, sign the best "every position"...REGARDLESS...better yet, try irregardless...it fits the post better.

8) You should throw in a few more players and an "irregardless"...as you wouldn't want something like availability, performance in the combines, etc. to get in the way.

But...I agreee with all the rest. My list is simpler:

1) Get better players...regardless

2) Coach better...regardless

3) Play better...regardless

Most importantly 4) Win all the games...irre-freakin-gardless!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::devil:

517564[/snapback]

I stopped reading at the word "Salisbury".

My list is simpler:

1) Get better players...regardless

2) Coach better...regardless

3) Play better...regardless

Most importantly 4) Win all the games...irre-freakin-gardless!!!!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :P  <_<

518141[/snapback]

I like your list better... :lol: