Road Trip Report

Lake effect

I experienced first hand the Buffalo lake effect last Friday. Result : It took like an hour to complete the last 20 miles to Buffalo. Little visibility needless to say. We have lots of snow here too but normally it’s not that sudden and intense. It’s more gradual. Welcome to Buffalo I guess.

Good games, bad results

The Canadiens lost to the Sabres AND the leafs, the Bills to the Panthers on the last drive, and the Al’s lost in OT to the Edmonton Eskimos in the Grey Cup final. Great weekend eh!

Fights

It was my fifth time at Rich Stadium/RWS and never have I seen such a behaved crowd. Well from my view point anyway. I was in section 123. There was an old, intense lookin Irish dude (also wearing an Irish toque) who almost “dropped the gloves” with another fan but he was somehow talked out of it. That’s about it!

Food!

The lake effect kept us from going to Ilio Di Paolo’s because we had to rush to the arena instead. Next time I guess. Bocce Club’s pizza standards have not fallen since my last visit. Which is good to know! Kostas on Hertel Street offered good brunch options. Mike’s homemade chocolates (on Clinton Street) were delicious! I still have half a “Charlie Chaplin” in my fridge! Mmmm. As for wings, “the battle of the wings” we had planned for didn’t materialized because we only made it to Duffs and couldn’t go to Anchor Bar. Duff’s wings were great. I had no problem going through the suicide wings but I liked the BBQ best. Next time I’ll try the Anchor Bar.

Nightlife

Since the Montreal Matrix vs. the Buffalo Rapids game was moved we headed downtown to try to find a bar that would show the Canadiens-Leafs game. We found one although I can’t remember the name of the place. All I know is that it had plasma screen TVs and that they were showing the game. I believe it was on Chippewa. There was lot’s of ppl wearing disco outfits. We later were told that there was some sort of disco convention downtown. But the place looked like the kind of bar you go to before actually going to another one. Which is what we did. Our next stop was Faherty’s Pub where we had a good time. One of our friend must have talked to every single person in the bar. Ppl in Buffalo are generally friendly and easy to talk to.

I went to the game with very little sleep but we had a great time!

Marc in Montréal

It was my fifth time at Rich Stadium/RWS and never have I seen such a behaved crowd. Well from my view point anyway. I was in section 123.

517553[/snapback]

That's MY section! What row were you in?

P.S. I learned the proper pronunciation of "eh?" last week. 0:)

That's MY section! What row were you in?

P.S. I learned the proper pronunciation of "eh?" last week.  0:)

517645[/snapback]

I was section 123, row 31, around seat 13. We were a group of 5.

PS: I will use the expression "eh" when I'll write but not when I'll speak english because I'm I french canadian. Even anglos here don't use it really. I think it's more popular in the western provinces.

Marc in Montréal

:doh:

Our next stop was Faherty’s Pub where we had a good time. One of our friend must have talked to every single person in the bar. Ppl in Buffalo are generally friendly and easy to talk to.

517553[/snapback]

Sounds like you had a great time in Buffalo. Faherty's used to be my old hangout when I was working at Children's Hospital. Great place.

Cablelady - your new avatar is an insult to dog's everywhere. I think our O-line more closely resembles what dog's leave behind.

518006[/snapback]

It's too bad their buck teeth don't show up too well. The picture I got it from was entitled "Tennessee Bird Dogs". :devil:

Lake effect

I experienced first hand the Buffalo lake effect last Friday. Result : It took like an hour to complete the last 20 miles to Buffalo.  Little visibility needless to say. We have lots of snow here too but normally it’s not that sudden and intense. It’s more gradual. Welcome to Buffalo I guess. 

Good games, bad results

The Canadiens lost to the Sabres AND the leafs, the Bills to the Panthers on the last drive, and the Al’s lost in OT to the Edmonton Eskimos in the Grey Cup final. Great weekend eh!

Fights

It was my fifth time at Rich Stadium/RWS and never have I seen such a behaved crowd. Well from my view point anyway. I was in section 123. There was an old, intense lookin Irish dude (also wearing an Irish toque) who almost “dropped the gloves” with another fan but he was somehow talked out of it. That’s about it! 

Food!

The lake effect kept us from going to Ilio Di Paolo’s because we had to rush to the arena instead. Next time I guess. Bocce Club’s pizza standards have not fallen since my last visit. Which is good to know! Kostas on Hertel Street offered good brunch options. Mike’s homemade chocolates (on Clinton Street) were delicious!  I still have half a “Charlie Chaplin” in my fridge! Mmmm.  As for wings, “the battle of the wings” we had planned for didn’t materialized because we only made it to Duffs and couldn’t go to Anchor Bar. Duff’s wings were great. I had no problem going through the suicide wings but I liked the BBQ best. Next time I’ll try the Anchor Bar.

Nightlife

Since the Montreal Matrix vs. the Buffalo Rapids game was moved we headed downtown to try to find a bar that would show the Canadiens-Leafs game. We found one although I can’t remember the name of the place. All I know is that it had plasma screen TVs and that they were showing the game. I believe it was on Chippewa. There was lot’s of ppl wearing disco outfits. We later were told that there was some sort of disco convention downtown. But the place looked like the kind of bar you go to before actually going to another one. Which is what we did. Our next stop was Faherty’s Pub where we had a good time. One of our friend must have talked to every single person in the bar. Ppl in Buffalo are generally friendly and easy to talk to.

I went to the game with very little sleep but we had a great time!   

Marc in Montréal

517553[/snapback]

Are you the guy i saw in champs with the coy wire shirt?

Are you the guy i saw in champs with the coy wire shirt?

518197[/snapback]

Wow, there's a guy that walks around with a Coy Wire shirt ?? Is this for real ?? That would be hard to find even in Buffalo!

I could't go to Champs for the last three weeks actually and when I make it there I usually don't wear any bills gear, outside of my Tasker jersey that I'll sometime bring.

But I'll be there this Sunday. I watch the games with "Last guy on the Bench", a bald guy who also happens to be a Buffalo native. Don't be a stranger.

:devil:

Marc in Montréal

Wow, there's a guy that walks around with a Coy Wire shirt ?? Is this for real ?? That would be hard to find even in Buffalo!

I could't go to Champs for the last three weeks actually and when I make it there I usually don't wear any bills gear, outside of my Tasker jersey that I'll sometime bring.

But I'll be there this Sunday.  I watch the games with "Last guy on the Bench", a bald guy who also happens to be a Buffalo native. Don't be a stranger.

Marc in Montréal

518207[/snapback]

I don't think I'll be at champs this weekend (finals next week) so i'll be following the games from nfl.com. I always see like 3 guys that seem to be bills fans that stay all the way to the right side. I'm usually alone in there as I go there on my break from work. By the way, i'm sure you've noticed the super hot waitress that wears that Terrell Owens shirt, she's so fine and always smiles at me lol

II always see like 3 guys that seem to be bills fans that stay all the way to the right side.  (...)  By the way, i'm sure you've noticed the super hot waitress that wears that Terrell Owens shirt, she's so fine and always smiles at me lol

518208[/snapback]

Yeah the 3 guys on the right would be us!

As for the waitresses there, they're all good looking. The one with the T.O shirt will hug, kiss, and smile at just about every customer to a point you begin to ask yourself some questions. But she's very nice. Hope your not jealous!

Marc in Montréal

As for the waitresses there, they're all good looking.  The one with the T.O shirt will hug, kiss, and smile at just about every customer to a point you begin to ask yourself some questions. But she's very nice. Hope your not jealous!

Marc in Montréal

:lol:

518378[/snapback]

well she's a friendly whore, lol doesnt bother me

no they're not all good looking, there's 3 that i wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole, the only ones i would are LT and TO, two players who in my fantasy pool and two girls who are in my fantasies :devil:

As for the waitresses there, they're all good looking.  The one with the T.O shirt will hug, kiss, and smile at just about every customer to a point you begin to ask yourself some questions. But she's very nice. Hope your not jealous!

Marc in Montréal

518378[/snapback]

How about posting some waitress pictures. You could tell them your going to post them on

http://publovers.com

well she's a friendly whore, lol doesnt bother me

no they're not all good looking, there's 3 that i wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole, the only ones i would are LT and TO, two players who in my fantasy pool and two girls who are in my fantasies  <_<

518384[/snapback]

Since I'm always on the right side, I couldnt get a look at all the waitresses. I get the same two or three every time. TO is cute but I still wouldnt touch that with a 10 foot pole. Something about her being too friendly with customers and and a a thing that starts with a V and ends with a D. But she's a nice girl.

Besides, LT is much, much better and she's not just one step away from getting nailed by a customer at halftime. Not that there would be anything wrong that, of course.

Marc in Montréal

Since I'm always on the right side, I couldnt get a look at all the waitresses. I get the same two or three every time. TO is cute but I still wouldnt touch that with a 10 foot pole. Something about her being too friendly with customers and and a a thing that starts with a V and ends with a D. But she's a nice girl.

Besides, LT is much, much better and she's not just one step away from getting nailed by a customer at halftime. Not that there would be anything wrong that, of course. 

Marc in Montréal

518574[/snapback]

what do you care, use a condom lol she's just too hot, LT is a hoe as well, they all are, they're waitresses lol