hernia advice

Corp000085

Since i can't call my doctor tonight, i'll turn to you fake doctors...

So, i've had some pain/discomfort around my hip/groin area for about the past month. It's been a dull off and on pain that felt like a muscle strain or pull. However, this morning, i was doubled over in pain, like the pain you get if you got one in the jewels during a dodgeball game with the regulation voit dodgeball, for about two minutes, but then it eased and went back to the point where you can't tell if it's pain or just discomfort. Even being doubled over, it felt like something was just "wrong". I checked for any bulges or funny stuff downstairs a little later on, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I've decided to call the doctor tomorrow if it feels like this. Anyhow, in the meantime, have i perfectly described a hernia, or just some weird abdominal pull?

Well,

If I had sufficient pain to cause me to double over, and thought something was just not right down there,

I WOULD GO TO THE HOSPITAL instead of waiting till tomorrow.

But thats just me.

then this is my last post...  seriously though, my wife wants to take me tonight, so i'll go if i have a doubling over experience again.

517458[/snapback]

What if Mr. Johnson and his two round friends never work again?

Another thought is, Kidney Stones?

If you need the operation, it is much better than before (I saw it on TV). You used to end up with a scar of several inches and be laid up for several weeks. Now they use a laproscope and go in mainly through the belly button. They inflate the abdomen and get it from above. You end up with a few small incisions (like a knee operation).

my friend at work mentioned kidney stones...  however, i don't have any pain in my back.

517466[/snapback]

I'm very prone to kidney stones; I've had about seven in my life so far. They hurt in the back when they pass out of the kidney. When they pass through the ureter to the bladder, I believe you'll feel it through the lower abdomen to the groin (at least, I know I do). Depending on the stone, the pain can pass quickly (my quickest went in about five minutes) or very, very slowly (my slowest took about three days.) Typically, it's a diffuse cramping sort of pain, not in my experience something that doubles me over (though I guess it can be). The real check for a kidney stone isn't pain, it's urinary problems. Either trouble taking a leak (frequent need to urinate with little production), or blood in the urine (not necessarily red, either...probably brown if it's coming from high up the ureter). You have either of those, it's a good bet it's a stone. Otherwise...I've never had a hernia, so I don't know.

Well i had my doctor's appointment... he says that its not stones because i never had back pain... Also, there's nothing wrong with the jewels, so i shouldn't be scared of cancer at this point... He said that the abdominal/testicular pain could either be caused by an abdominal (forget the actual muscle name) pull or the beginning of a hernia. If it is a hernia, it will be a matter of time before it pops out so i can see a lump. Either way, i'm on OTC pain medicine for two weeks to see if that helps the pain. thanks for the advice so far.