Bills on 3rd down- If this horse ain't dead yet...

Quit hijacking the thread.  The topic at hand is what happens when Willis is not on the field.

517328[/snapback]

That would be...the Mickey Mouse fake end-around bull sh-- reverse !@#$tard option pass. :D

God, I hate this coaching staff. I now look back on Wade Phillips calling Chris Watson a "punt catcher" with a certain amount of respect and fondness. I'm almost to the point where I'd prefer Kay Stephenson over these jerk-offs.

The problem with Bills' low conversion of 3rd downs is a combination of a) long distance to pick up 1st, b) poor line play, c) bad QB decisions, d) bad playcalling.

517334[/snapback]

Absolutely.

Couldn't help but notice your avatar, so your criticism of Mularkey is a bit out of place, considering that Levy took Thurman out on 3rd downs for Kenny Davis & Don Smith before that.

517334[/snapback]

While I don't know for sure, I'd guess that those Bills teams were not lumped in the bottom 1/4 of the league in 3rd down conversions. I'd guess that Marv wasn't at every press conference racking his brain trying to explain why they are only converting 30% of their third downs.

I do like Shaud Williams, but if the results you are looking for aren't there, is it time to try something else? That's my only question. Maybe, if the Bills are long gone and lose a few of the next games, the forgotten man Lionel Gates will get a shot?

I do like Shaud Williams, but if the results you are looking for aren't there, is it time to try something else? 

517345[/snapback]

You mean like Lionel Gates, who has been inactive all year ? He sure showed a good turn of foot and the ability to break tackles in the pre-season. Why hasn't he seen a carry yet this year ? Denver can use 3-4 RB's and all can contribute.

Let's see what he's got .