O-Coordinator next year?

JCBoston

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you don't know that, and I know of nothing in Wyche's past that would cause one to think him a weak or unmotivated man unwilling to get a job done.

516690[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong: 1) I want him to do it, and 2) I think he'd love to -- I'm not saying he's weak. On the contrary, I think he'd work himself too hard. I think doctors would advise against it, from what I've read. But I'm all for it. Hopefully Clements is booted and he's offered a shot.

Trent Green, Brad Johnson, Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger..... what do these guys have in common?

At one time they all worked under the tutelage of one Mike Martz. Now I'm not saying I want Martz as a head coach, but I'd gladly take him as an offensive coordinator. He's great with quaterbacks. If we had a head coach who would limit the absurdity of his playcalling ala Dick Vermeil in St. Louis I'd gladly take Mike Martz. He simply knows how to mold a great offense.

Trent Green, Brad Johnson,  Kurt Warner,  Marc Bulger.....  what do these guys have in common?

At one time they all worked under the tutelage of one Mike Martz.  Now I'm not saying I want Martz as a head coach, but I'd gladly take him as an offensive coordinator.  He's great with quaterbacks.  If we had a head coach who would limit the absurdity of his playcalling  ala Dick Vermeil in St. Louis I'd gladly take Mike Martz.  He simply knows how to mold a great offense.

516699[/snapback]

How about Martz OC

Cappers as DC

Ditka HC

Sam Wyche WB

Trent Green, Brad Johnson,  Kurt Warner,  Marc Bulger.....  what do these guys have in common?

At one time they all worked under the tutelage of one Mike Martz.  Now I'm not saying I want Martz as a head coach, but I'd gladly take him as an offensive coordinator.  He's great with quaterbacks.  If we had a head coach who would limit the absurdity of his playcalling  ala Dick Vermeil in St. Louis I'd gladly take Mike Martz.  He simply knows how to mold a great offense.

516699[/snapback]

I'm cool with that... as long as we also bring in Buddy Ryan as DC to slap him around. :doh:

Don't get me wrong: 1) I want him to do it, and 2) I think he'd love to -- I'm not saying he's weak.  On the contrary, I think he'd work himself too hard.  I think doctors would advise against it, from what I've read.  But I'm all for it.  Hopefully Clements is booted and he's offered a shot.

516697[/snapback]

Fair enough. Team improvement is what you and I both want!

How about Ditka and Martz fight for coveted GM duties in the steel cage?

Winner gets to trade all our draft picks for a moustache trimmer, loser gets a box of crayons and a big coloring book to draw up "plays."

516720[/snapback]

In your scenario aren't we all losers?

You can bet that he will make sure he has a good oline.  I havent seen anything good from #21 yet.

516660[/snapback]

You mean because he inherited Orlando Pace? The Rams OLine is a friggin disaster and has been since their last SB.

Do any of you people ever watch other teams play? Mike Martz is an abortion in horn rims. He makes Mularkey's playcalling look totally lucid and his offense is probably the most difficult to learn in the NFL.

I think Ralph should have an essay contest open to the public for the next GM.

500 words on why I would be a good GM.

516721[/snapback]

Didn't that work for TD? :D

I know for sure I and a good number of other posters here could BS those 500 words and blather our way for a year or two for that million+ bucks :doh:

I think Ralph should have an essay contest open to the public for the next GM.

500 words on why I would be a good GM.

516721[/snapback]

Please be serious.

516723[/snapback]

MMMkkay, so you want "Mad Mike" Martz?! The guy who let one of the best backs in the league pretty much sit the pine while he played air ball with the Pats in the Super Bowl? That "Mad Mike" Martz?! The guy who has made the playoffs recently not because his team has the most wins but the fewest losses in a god-awful division?! THAT "Mad Mike" Martz?! I just don't know how to respond...