Anyone Watch SciFi's Inside The Bermuda Triangle?

PTS

I'm only one hour into the special but some of the theories are mind blowing including that of a time or space wormhole. One theory is that their is a warmhole that warps into The Lost City of Atlantis. Stargate Fanatics must love that.

It amazes me that the Triangle is never really talked about in the media even when things go missing 20-25 times a year. Is there something really abnormal there or is it just the ocean being itself?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only one hour into the special but some of the theories are mind blowing including that of a time or space wormhole. One theory is that their is a warmhole that warps into The Lost City of Atlantis. Stargate Fanatics must love that.

It amazes me that the Triangle is never really talked about in the media even when things go missing 20-25 times a year. Is there something really abnormal there or is it just the ocean being itself?

516631[/snapback]

Some scientists have speculated that it's carbon dioxide burps from a carbonaceous ocean bed, causing a reducion in the density of the atmosphere in the case of aircraft - less density - less vaccuum - less lift, and a collapse of water buoyancy in the case of vessels - the ship's keel breaks. I've heard that some torpedo designs use that. Make an explosion under the target ship that makes essentially gas bubbles, and the ship collapses without the support of water.

Ghost of Bib will chime in to affirm or refute. Unless he decides I've insulted him somehow. :doh:

Some scientists have speculated that it's carbon dioxide burps from a carbonaceous ocean bed, causing a reducion in the density of the atmosphere in the case of aircraft - less density - less vaccuum - less  lift, and a collapse of water buoyancy in the case of vessels - the ship's keel breaks.  I've heard  that some torpedo designs use that. Make an explosion under the target ship that makes essentially gas bubbles, and the ship collapses without the support of water.

Ghost of Bib will chime in to affirm or refute. Unless he decides I've insulted him somehow. :doh:

516639[/snapback]

Prick.

That actually is one set of good theories. One also has to look at the sheer amount of traffic in those lanes. More boats and planes, more losses. The one that befuddled me, was the Piper Navaho 2 miles out on final, that flat disappeared over shallow water. That's weird.

Some scientists have speculated that it's carbon dioxide burps from a carbonaceous ocean bed, causing a reducion in the density of the atmosphere in the case of aircraft - less density - less vaccuum - less  lift, and a collapse of water buoyancy in the case of vessels - the ship's keel breaks.  I've heard  that some torpedo designs use that. Make an explosion under the target ship that makes essentially gas bubbles, and the ship collapses without the support of water.

516639[/snapback]

actually it's the methane not CO2....

That actually is one set of good theories. One also has to look at the sheer amount of traffic in those lanes. More boats and planes, more losses. The one that befuddled me, was the Piper Navaho 2 miles out on final, that flat disappeared over shallow water. That's weird.

516667[/snapback]

In the Bermuda Triangle, do light and sound travel the same speed?

:doh:

actually it's the methane not CO2....

516668[/snapback]

And that's not how torpedoes destroy ships. The pressure wave from the explosion breaks the keel, not the absence of water below it.

And as for the "Triangle"...just business as usual. Sometimes things go out and don't come back because they met with an accident no one witnessed. It's actually even more common in, of all places, the Great Lakes.

516631[/snapback]

I have a bridge to sell you if you believe the wormhole thing.

I guess my house could be considered the Virginia triangle with all the methane that I emit.   0:)

516955[/snapback]

One time I had Raisin Bran for breakfast four days in a row. When I took a bath the fourth night, I let out a little gas.

Well, ok it was more than a little.

I have not seen my loofah since.

Coincidence?