There are no NFL caliber TEs on our active roster

Albany,n.y.

I've never seen a worse group of TEs ever assembled on the active roster. Our only hope of the TEs is Everett-who has never played a down in the NFL. Besides OL & DL, Donahoe better get a decent TE in FA or the draft, because no reliable TE is really hurting the offense.

I've never seen a worse group of TEs ever assembled on the active roster. Our only hope of the TEs is Everett-who has never played a down in the NFL.  Besides OL & DL, Donahoe better get a decent TE in FA or the draft, because no reliable TE is really hurting the offense.

515923[/snapback]

That's a really poor analysis of two injured players. Campbell and Euhus were both doing fine last year before both got hurt. Neither has been 100% this year. I guess only Everett's injuries count. Or, more precisely, Campbell and Euhus must be healthy because they are in uniform...

Inuries are just like timeouts... according to those who have never played a contact sport...

That's a really poor analysis of two injured players.  Campbell and Euhus were both doing fine last year before both got hurt.  Neither has been 100% this year.  I guess only Everett's injuries count.  Or, more precisely, Campbell and Euhus must be healthy because they are in uniform...

Inuries are just like timeouts... according to those who have never played a contact sport...

515931[/snapback]

I assume our coaches knew what you know and decided they would be good enough. Hurting or not hurting, what-ifs about how they might be had they never been injured does not change the fact that they are not getting it done. Based on their performance, this year they stink.

I assume our coaches knew what you know and decided they would be good enough.  Hurting or not hurting,  what-ifs about how they might be had they never been injured does not change the fact that they are not getting it done.  Based on their performance, this year they stink.

515960[/snapback]

Yeah, amazing how that works. We should have traded up for Kellen Winslow II...

Steve Emtman stunk too...

IMHO ......... I DO think we may have an NFL caliber TE on the active roster ....... unfortunatly he is filling in at RT because we only have 1 NFL caliber tackle on the active roster ....... we might have had two, but one of them is trying (none too sucsessfully I may add) to fill in as a Guard because we only have one NFL quality guard on our active roster (and he is getting pretty old and banged up).

That's a really poor analysis of two injured players.  Campbell and Euhus were both doing fine last year before both got hurt.  Neither has been 100% this year.  I guess only Everett's injuries count.  Or, more precisely, Campbell and Euhus must be healthy because they are in uniform...

515931[/snapback]

Campbell was always a lunch pail #2 TE that we've used at #1 (Cleveland let him go for a 6th to us because they didn't have room for him). So now add a #2 operating as a #1 and give him an injury and maybe he's now equivalent of a #3 TE. Euhus was a rookie who showed some promise in the #2 TE spot, never proving anything beyond that and got hurt. Now, post injury, he's playing like a guy who doesn't belong in the NFL. Neufeld doesn't belong in the NFL, period.

Everett may be a player or may be a bust-we don't even know if he can play in the NFL. Injuries have very little to do with the lack of talent at the TE spot, it's about as limited as our O line. A bunch of 2nd stringers in starting roles in an attempt to get away with the position on the cheap side.

I've never seen a worse group of TEs ever assembled on the active roster.

515923[/snapback]

I have been saying this for a couple of years. You are 100% right! Campbell is a #2 as far as I'm concerned, his play has been spotty and he's SLOW.

Don't even mention Euhus, he's done NOTHING. Neufeld is almost like a FB and shouldnt be an NFL tight end.

I have been saying this for a couple of years. You are 100% right! Campbell is a #2 as far as I'm concerned, his play has been spotty and he's SLOW.

Don't even mention Euhus, he's done NOTHING. Neufeld is almost like a FB and shouldnt be an NFL tight end.

516100[/snapback]

Which again is strange.

MM played as a TE... Even if he wasn't great, wouldn't he know what skills good TE's should have?

:doh::doh:

Does everyone want a bonafied TE? The Bills should ante-up for this kid at Maryland, Vernon Davis! I'm going to sing his praises from here until draft day. He is EXACTLY what this franchise needs at that position. Kevin Everett would serve as #2 and the rest can "fight it out" for a roster spot. My money in that case would be with Campbell... :doh:

Does everyone want a bonafied TE? The Bills should ante-up for this kid at Maryland, Vernon Davis! I'm going to sing his praises from here until draft day. He is EXACTLY what this franchise needs at that position. Kevin Everett would serve as #2 and the rest can "fight it out" for a roster spot. My money in that case would be with Campbell... :doh:

516132[/snapback]

A minor point if I may...

BLOCKING is important....

A "#1" TE is usually the best blocker, and remains inside when two TEs are on the same side. Jason Witten and Dan Graham are two "#2" TEs who put up huge numbers with Dan Campbell and Fauria as the "#1" TE doing mostly blocking last year. Witten's numbers fell as he moved to "#1" this year because that required him to block more.

The Bill offense relies on two TEs doing a lot of blocking, in part because the OTs are so bad. Vernon Davis is a "deep threat" TE with awesome speed. In the Bill offense, he would be a "#2" because he is not a good blocker and lacks size. Davis and Mercedes Lewis are really "large WRs" playing college "TE" where they go out most of the time. The Bill offense could really use a receiving TE threat, but the "#1" TE in this offense must be a good blocker, or it all falls apart.