Super Bowl 40 Halftime Show

buckeyemike

I don't know, take a look at Billboard and I think I am even HAPPIER it will be the Stones.

Billboard Top 100

I heard they were going to have U2 on again but Bono got into an argument with Paul Tagliabue about selectively forgiving salary cap rules for 2006 to reduce free agent emigration from low market share cities. :doh:

No rap and no country is an improvement for me.

For the most part, the halftime show is just a stroke for the corporate potato chip purveyors and their families that fill the seats at Super Bowls but can care less about who wins much less about who is playing.

Seriously, the NFL marketing people try to maximize viewership by presenting itself as "entertainment". If they just played the game and canned much of the hype more people might watch.

Old news, Mick confirmed it at Giants Stadium on 9/15.

My B word is that they're selling out yet again by playing the Super Bowl.  :doh: They should leave that for hacks like Macca or Metallica.

516180[/snapback]

On David Spade's Comedy Channel show, he had a pretty good one at the Stones' expense...he was reporting (and this was for real) that the Stones were world premiering their new video for the song "Streets Of Love" (IMO the absolute worst song on the new album) on the daytime soap opera "Days Of Out Lives". Spade showed the clip from the soap opera, and when they cut back to him, he said "God, I remember a time when soap operas used to be cool." :D

Anyway, yeah, everyone hates the Stones, but not me. I hate a lot of the crap around them, and for the crassness with which they sell themselves sometimes, but hey, that is how the music industry works these days...I can't hate them for getting old, and I can't hate them for carrying on (though I wish they wouldn't). What they did the first 15 years of their career far overshadows what they do now. Besides, despite all the Strolling Bones jokes, the band (not Mick necessarily) can still sound damn good live...now, if they could get Britney Spears back in those football pants and torn jersey, like Aersosmith did a few years back, I could tolerate all of it! ;)

On David Spade's Comedy Channel show, he had a pretty good one at the Stones' expense...he was reporting (and this was for real) that the Stones were world premiering their new video for the song "Streets Of Love" (IMO the absolute worst song on the new album) on the daytime soap opera "Days Of Out Lives".  Spade showed the clip from the soap opera, and when they cut back to him, he said "God, I remember a time when soap operas used to be cool."    :doh:

516602[/snapback]

Truly horrible, at least they haven't played it live...yet. ;)

If you're gonna have someone from Detroit, I say the White Stripes!

Little "Seven Nation Army" would fire everybody up. :D

Steel Wheelchairs!

Does anyone actually watch the halftime show?  EVERY act they have sucks

515477[/snapback]

Of course not. Any 'act' that appears on a SB halftime show might as well wear a big sash that says "My career is on life support!!!"

As far as I'm concerned, The SB halftime is designed to allow me to get 1) more beer, 2) food, 3) acquainted with the woman that I missed meeting prior to kickoff.

Put that way Rockpile, I see your point. I would rather see the Stones than anyone else. Although McCartney last year was awesome! At least they haven't had the king of sellout bands, Aeroschitt, play in quite a while....

516595[/snapback]

Well, Areosmith is certainly a Grand All-Time sell-out band...but, McCartney is certainly in the sell-out Hall of Fame...no? In fact virtually every band discussed here, sucks, blows and/or sold out years ago (if they had anything to sell out in the first place...many started with no talent).

But, even worse than the so-called "music" perpetrated by these talentless wonders is the IDEA of having a pop (or rock, or hip-hop, or country...it's ALL garbage pop, IMO) music show at halftime of the Super Bowl. By their very nature, stadiums are not conducive to sonic quality. The quick-change from football field to make-shift concert venue makes the simple moronic 3-chord tunes an unlistenable cacophony of populist dreck.

The stadium field is the IDEAL venue for marching bands, choreographed dance troupes, clean-sounding/talented/trained a cappella bands, etc. Stop the insanity!

My first choice would be Seger.

He's a god in Michigan, but even the biggest stage in the world with a ton of $ probably won't get him to play again.

517376[/snapback]

What ever happened to Bob? I know he had throat cancer a few years ago, but never heard much after that....

Truly horrible, at least they haven't played it live...yet.  :D

Just in case you were curious, just read that the Stones wil appear on "Days Of Our Lives" on Dec. 15, 16 and 19th! Apparnetly, some of the characters attend a live Stones show, in Anaheim....truly fuggin' sad! :D

What ever happened to Bob?  I know he had throat cancer a few years ago, but never heard much after that....

517389[/snapback]

I'm not really sure, I know he hasn't had a show since 1996, but still has a huge following that’s trying to get him to tour again. That’s why I think it would be perfect for him to come back Super Bowl Sunday in Motown. If he ever does tour again in Michigan I can't imagine how much the tickets will go for, but I know I'll try like hell to get one.

I'm not really sure, I know he hasn't had a show since 1996, but still has a huge following that’s trying to get him to tour again. That’s why I think it would be perfect for him to come back Super Bowl Sunday in Motown. If he ever does tour again in Michigan I can't imagine how much the tickets will go for, but I know I'll try like hell to get one.

517440[/snapback]

Turn the page, man, turn the page.

I don't know, take a look at Billboard and I think I am even HAPPIER it will be the Stones.

Billboard Top 100

516509[/snapback]

10: Kelly Clarkson, Because of You. Should have titled it "Because of Simon"

9: Sean Paul, We Be Burnin. OK, so thats what your doing. But who are you again?

8: The Pussycat Dolls. Stickwitu. More proof musical talent means little when you're hot

7: Madonna, Hung Up. She should have hung it up along time ago

6: Nickelback, Photograph. Unfortunately, this is the closest thing rock on the top 10. Close, but not that close

5. Young Jeezy Featuring Akon, Soul Survivor. :D Featuring :D

4. D4L, Laffy Taffy. D4L != 1337

3: The Black Eyed Peas, My Humps. I saw these guys on a Best Buy commercial! Or was it Circuit City?

2: Kanye West Featuring Jaimie Foxx, Gold Digger. George Bush hates Gold Diggers

1: Chris Brown, Run It. The title of this one should have been Chris Brown Featuring Jeff Fisher, Run the D@mn Ball!

Just in case you were curious, just read that the Stones wil appear on "Days Of Our Lives" on Dec. 15, 16 and 19th!  Apparnetly, some of the characters attend a live Stones show, in Anaheim....truly fuggin' sad! :doh:

517393[/snapback]

0:):(