Million Dollar Webpage.....

col_forbin

Link to article

Alex Tew was like a lot of young people looking for a way to pay for college.

"I looked at my financial situation, and it wasn't healthy," Tew said. "And I thought, I've got to do something about this."

So he sat down one night and began to brainstorm.

"I wrote down on a notepad the question, how do I become a millionaire?" he said.

Tew was already pretty good with computers, so he turned to the Internet.

"I could sell 1 million pixels for $1 each on the Internet," he said. "A grid on a one-page Web site."

And the one million dollar homepage was born. It's a Web page crammed with advertisers jostling for space on what's become one of the hottest addresses in the dot-com world.

All the ads for things like mortgage and music have brought Tew more than $600,000 in just over two months. He earned enough for college in 2½ weeks.

"I'm completely blown away by the whole thing," Tew said. "I'm as surprised as everybody else at the level the site's got to."

And while Tew admits he's not too keen on copycat web sites, he is happy to be linked with the dot-com entrepreneurs who came before him.

"They're like inspirations to me, my idols, because they've done exactly what I've dreamed of doing with my life."

Alex said more pixels are being bought every week.

Million dollar Homepage