Leave your "Fire TD" signs at home....

Mike32282

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BackInDaDay

Any truth to the rumor that TD has Mularkey race into the stands to retrieve negative signs? Is that a hump developing on Mike's back? :D

Someone on my other board posted this and it just really pissed me off.  It did get confirmed by several people, including a couple posters that I trust (The_Philster and THATHURMANATOR)

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/inde...showtopic=95091

515272[/snapback]

This is unbelievable - such signs should be allowed. It is not provocating or suggesting violence or obscenity. Instead of worrying about the legal ramifications or suing anybody, protesting fans should try their best to be caught by camera. This is the one time the media can help us by freely advertising fans' discontent with the administration.

This is unbelievable - such signs should be allowed. It is not provocating or suggesting violence or obscenity. Instead of worrying about the legal ramifications or suing anybody, protesting fans should try their best to be caught by camera. This is the one time the media can help us by freely advertising fans' discontent with the administration.

515361[/snapback]

So let me get this straight... People say it's ok for teams to do patdowns before entering the stadium ("If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket! They're a private company and can do what they want!!!"), but people are complaining because they can't waive a sign around. Doesn't the same argument hold true...? (ie: it's their stadium, they make the rules and if you don't like 'em, don't go).

CW

So let me get this straight...  People say it's ok for teams to do patdowns before entering the stadium ("If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket!  They're a private company and can do what they want!!!"), but people are complaining because they can't waive a sign around.  Doesn't the same argument hold true...?  (ie: it's their stadium, they make the rules and if you don't like 'em, don't go).

CW

515396[/snapback]

I am not comparing it to any other situation as I am not fully aware of the patdown details. All I am saying is that fans have a right to protest as arguably attendance is more than going therejust for entertainment. This is not like going to the movies where tickets cost a fifth of NFL games and if the movie sucks you walk out with no hard feelings. Fans take the team and its performance seriously and it has direct implication to regional businesses. Having a team is a privilege and management should be able to hear it when the team is doing well or badly. If I want to protest against the way a team is being run or the way a player is playing, I cannot walk into TD/MM's office and give my thoughts. To the average fan, the best way to advertise their feelings is through signs such as these. If fans can put up signs that say 'Bills are #1' then they should have an equal right to say 'Fire TD'.

So let me get this straight...  People say it's ok for teams to do patdowns before entering the stadium ("If you don't like it, don't buy a ticket!  They're a private company and can do what they want!!!"), but people are complaining because they can't waive a sign around.  Doesn't the same argument hold true...?  (ie: it's their stadium, they make the rules and if you don't like 'em, don't go).

CW

515396[/snapback]

If I remember correctly...the judge ruled to put a stop on the pat downs in Tampa. once the case is heard, it will probably lead to some changes all throughout the league.

The biggest thing is that the Stadium is not privately funded or owned. It is partially owned by the State of NY and Erie Country. Us taxpayers should be able to have our freedom of speech inside a stadium, especially when it really is not bad. it's not a swear word or anything derogatory. It's just us using our freedom to voice our opinion.

If I remember correctly...the judge ruled to put a stop on the pat downs in Tampa.  once the case is heard, it will probably lead to some changes all throughout the league.

The biggest thing is that the Stadium is not privately funded or owned.  It is partially owned by the State of NY and Erie Country.  Us taxpayers should be able to have our freedom of speech inside a stadium, especially when it really is not bad.  it's not a swear word or anything derogatory.  It's just us using our freedom to voice our opinion.

515445[/snapback]

I was just playing Devil's advocate, since nearly everyone in the "patdown" thread said that I was an idiot for opposing the patdowns, yet people in this thread are saying they should be able to do what they want.

CW

I was just playing Devil's advocate, since nearly everyone in the "patdown" thread said that I was an idiot for opposing the patdowns, yet people in this thread are saying they should be able to do what they want.

CW

515461[/snapback]

Oh, well I'm with you about the pat downs. I think that they are mainly directed towards keeping other food and drinks out of the stadium so we have to pay that ridiculous price for their sh--. :rolleyes:

BTW, San Diego allows you to bring in sealed water bottles AND your own food.

As you can tell by my responses to several threads, my sarcasm detector does not function.  :unsure:  All the Sony products I bought in the past may have subliminally sent a DRM-equivalent to scramble my brain ...  :lol:

515492[/snapback]

That explains so much.... :rolleyes:

CW

Oh by the way, regarding this topic... Here's my theory.

- TD doesn't know or care about the sign.

- Some lower level Bills employee sees the sign. Perhaps the head of security?

- The lower lever employee thinks "I wouldn't want TD to see this, not on my watch!"

- That employee instructs security to get the sign removed.

- There isn't some high level conspiracy.

- TD doesn't know or care about the sign.

- Some lower level Bills employee sees the sign. Perhaps the head of security?

- The lower lever employee thinks "I wouldn't want TD to see this, not on my watch!"

- That employee instructs security to get the sign removed.

- There isn't some high level conspiracy.

515701[/snapback]

During the Atlanta game a security person instructed a fan a couple rows ahead of me not to display his "I'm Ron Mexico" WGR sign. :rolleyes:

.....and then Billy Buffalo comes out with a poncho and sombrero on. Go figure.

Get a sign made up for the Denver game and be creative. Pimp ESPN and call for Donahoe's head on a plate. If RWS Rent-A-Pig's take it away, make sure to alert ESPN and get your story about how the Bills violated your first amendment rights on TV.

Enough of the

Bills Sucking

RW Please Fire TD

Now

SportsCenter is Next!

(Just line it up right on your sign so ESPN is in a straight line!)

During the Atlanta game a security person instructed a fan a couple rows ahead of me not to display his "I'm Ron Mexico" WGR sign.  :rolleyes:

.....and then Billy Buffalo comes out with a poncho and sombrero on. Go figure.

515909[/snapback]

Get with the program.

Soilent Green...is PEOPLE!!!