Yo George W is a gangsta

/dev/null

Why doesn't he just move to a state where an ex-felon CAN vote?

Naaaa, that would be too simple.

Not sure if the "F" states below can have jurisdiction if the ex-felon moves to another state with voting rights that are more on par with all other democracies in the world?

I guess you can grade these they way they have it or make them (the grades) go the other way:

State Report Cards

A+ Maine and Vermont never strip away voting rights due to felony convictions.

B Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah and The District of Columbia deny the vote to inmates, but allow citizens to vote who are out of prison, on probation, or on parole.

D California, Colorado, Connecticut, and New York only allow people on probation to vote. Parolees, and those in prison are disenfranchised.

D- Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, West Virginia, and Wisconsin disenfranchise all citizens on probation, in prison and on parole.

F Alabama, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming effectively take away the vote for life from all or some citizens with felony convictions, including those who have fully completed the terms of their sentence. Some of these states may restore voting rights through a lengthy and difficult pardon, appeal, or clemency process.

:D:(

I'd reverse the grading with the F you listed being an A. You commit a felony, you lost one of your rights.

515026[/snapback]

I am really indifferent on these matters... I just listed it from a web page because I wasn't sure if all ex-felons could vote.

I did say:

"I guess you can grade these they way they have it or make them (the grades) go the other way"

My emotion says: "Tough, you committed a felony, you can be disenfranchised."

Again the only inconsistency is in what we all have in common when voting. That is the presidential election... Everything else, I feel the states can do what they want.

This is not saying I don't support disenfrancisment of ex-felons either.

Could it be something that can be ammended?

Anyway... Good thing GWB's DUI happened in Maine... If things would have progressed, he would have at least picked the right state to do it in! :D:(

On his 'ole ladies side... Is vehicular manslaughter a felony? Texas ain't too forgiving, not that bad today though. :huh::D