Ask Him Yourself - Mularkey & Donahoe

why bother? It's not like they are actually going to address anyones questions. Feel free to read the cookie-cutter responses if you want...

514884[/snapback]

Do you really expect real answers in this weekly forum? Do you think you would or could be totally straightforward and honest in this forum? Do you think it would be right for a GM to call out his coach or some of his players in this forum and give them no chance to respond? Do you really think it best for the team if he says we stink, our players stink, i havent got good players here, my coach makes all kinds of mistakes, I drafted terribly, I really thought that Mike Williams was going to be a very good player but face it, he sucks and therefore I suck.

Do you really think he should say in public that Player A just blew his assignment and screwed everything up for the whole team and if he does it again, we're going to cut him? Do you think it would be a good idea for him to say we have no chance to win these games, we have a team of losers with no balls or heart, Carolina and San Diego are just better than us and we would have to be unbelievably fortunate to eek out a lucky win. Do you think it would be good for him to say, look at our line, i haven't addressed it since I got this cake job and the players I brought here I knew weren't going to be good but I also knew I could fool you assclowns into buying tickets, losers.

My favorite is the response by Mularkey to Dan Silver.

"We can't change schemes midway through the season."

Are you F'n kidding me???? I wish I could use that line in my job. Then in the AP article today he says Adams told him he wasn't going to be on the sideline when yesterday he full out lies to the media and tells them he didn't know what Adams was up to.

PS Mike....Adams at 70% is > Anderson at 100%

Are you F'n kidding me????  I wish I could use that line in my job. Then in the AP article today he says Adams told him he wasn't going to be on the sideline when yesterday he full out lies to the media and tells them he didn't know what Adams was up to.

515034[/snapback]

Friggen Pittsburgh changed schemes after one play last night :D Not that it did them any good

Are you F'n kidding me????  I wish I could use that line in my job. Then in the AP article today he says Adams told him he wasn't going to be on the sideline when yesterday he full out lies to the media and tells them he didn't know what Adams was up to.

515034[/snapback]

Thats what has me pissed as well. He did flat out lie to the media. If he didnt want to answer the question he should have said, no comment. Not smirk at the cameras and tell a bold face lie. Its ridiculous. I hate how this team is run. I miss Marv and his screaming.

Do you really expect real answers in this weekly forum? Do you think you would or could be totally straightforward and honest in this forum? Do you think it would be right for a GM to call out his coach or some of his players in this forum and give them no chance to respond? Do you really think it best for the team if he says we stink, our players stink, i havent got good players here, my coach makes all kinds of mistakes, I drafted terribly, I really thought that Mike Williams was going to be a very good player but face it, he sucks and therefore I suck.

Do you really think he should say in public that Player A just blew his assignment and screwed everything up for the whole team and if he does it again, we're going to cut him? Do you think it would be a good idea for him to say we have no chance to win these games, we have a team of losers with no balls or heart, Carolina and San Diego are just better than us and we would have to be unbelievably fortunate to eek out a lucky win. Do you think it would be good for him to say, look at our line, i haven't addressed it since I got this cake job and the players I brought here I knew weren't going to be good but I also knew I could fool you assclowns into buying tickets, losers.

514974[/snapback]

No, no, no and no.

I don't expect any of those things.

But I don't have to subject myself to reading his company-line type responses either....

Thats what has me pissed as well.  He did flat out lie to the media. If he didnt want to answer the question he should have said, no comment. Not smirk at the cameras and tell a bold face lie. Its ridiculous. I hate how this team is run. I miss Marv and his screaming.

515286[/snapback]

Where is the lie to the media? When a player is inactive he has the choice of being anywhere. He can be on the sidelines with the team, or up in the pressbox or at home or in Tahiti. When MM made Adams inactive, Adams left and didn't tell MM where he was going. He wasn't on the sidelines and MM had a few things to worry about, like the GAME. When the reporters asked where Adams was, MM said, truthfully, he had no idea. They knew he was inactive already. What is wrong with that?

If you wanted MM to be honest about the situation, he would have said that unlike all other members of the team, Sam Adams doesn't try in practice. We asked him to practice hard like everyone else but he refuses. Sam Adams is a great DT when he tries hard but has been deplorable this year. We think it's because he freestyles and ignores his coaches. He didn't practice because of an injury and we didn't think he was ready for the game, although to his credit he offered to play hurt. We decided otherwise, and a professional, a teamplayer would normally choose to be with his team on the sidelines and help them emotionally, or tell a younger player what his opponent may be doing. But selfish Sam decided to pout and disappear like a baby, and I have no idea where the hell he is.

That would have been honest. Is that what you wanted him to say?

No, no, no and no.

I don't expect any of those things.

But I don't have to subject myself to reading his company-line type responses either....

515309[/snapback]

The point is, what do you really want him to say? I am always amazed at fans responses to any player or coach or GM press conference. It's impossible for them to be honest when things are not going well. What do you want him to say that he can say?

The point is, what do you really want him to say? I am always amazed at fans responses to any player or coach or GM press conference. It's impossible for them to be honest when things are not going well. What do you want him to say that he can say?

515321[/snapback]

For one, I want him to stop saying the oline has been inconsistant. I don't agree with that at all. In fact, I think it has been very consistant. Consistantly horrible!

No, it's pretty damned true.  Bad for the team, yes...don't want him to say that, sure...untrue, hardly.

515351[/snapback]

Always horrible is untrue. Always inconsistent is untrue. They have been vastly inconsistent. There have been games, halves, quarters and series where they were not only not horrible, but they were rather good. So it is completely untrue to say they are always inconsistent. They suck as a whole, now that is true. :D

For the TD interview, the answers were predictable and boring. But the percentage of hostile questions was a lot higher than it had been a few weeks ago. Maybe some of that's random chance, but I'm really getting the feeling the fans are turning against him.

515409[/snapback]

From what I know about those kind of Q&A things, there are all kinds of questions and TD himself would be the one to pick the questions that he answers. And I am positive that he would have the authority to veto any question he didn't want to answer. It seems to me that neither TD nor MM shies away from negative questions, just answering them. If they were really just ignoring it, they would choose the cake questions to answer.