If you're a congressman and you accept bribes,

Another stain in the underwear that is the Republican party

514772[/snapback]

Last I checked, the Democrats were crooks too.

Not that it absolves this !@#$ of his wrongdoing (and a stupid !@#$, no less...doesn't anyone use offshore accounts anymore? ;))...I just wanted to point out that the underwear is largely non-partisan. :lol:

Not that it absolves this !@#$ of his wrongdoing (and a stupid !@#$, no less...doesn't anyone use offshore accounts anymore?  ;))...I just wanted to point out that the underwear is largely non-partisan.  :lol:

514780[/snapback]

Tis true.

Repubs have just been getting caught a bit more frequently lately. Perhaps the 21st century Dems are good at something other than nosediving in elections!

Not that it absolves this !@#$ of his wrongdoing (and a stupid !@#$, no less...doesn't anyone use offshore accounts anymore?  ;))...I just wanted to point out that the underwear is largely non-partisan.  :lol:

514780[/snapback]

1. Steal underwear.

2. TAKE BRIBES. BUY MANSION.

3. Profit.

Glad someone finally figured out the business model.

hopefully a special prosecutor will be appointed to go after the folks who bought his house, bought his yacht, gave him the money. The congressman will hopefully cooperate and the crooks who do the bribing will be dealing in contraband cigarettes at some penitentiary for a good ten years. But then...I still believe in Santa.

Nothing p!$$e$ me off more than a Republican taking bribes for government favors. The reason is because I am a Republican and expect far more out of my party than that.

I thought that the entire reason to get into governmental service was to help people and make the world a better place, not to enrich yourself at the government trough and have access to contracts and cash you and I will never have. That's why those laws are in place.

This Cunningham guy deserves whatever federal prosecutors throw at him.

Mike

I thought that the entire reason to get into governmental service was to help people and make the world a better place, not to enrich yourself at the government trough and have access to contracts and cash you and I will never have.  That's why those laws are in place.

515394[/snapback]

The problem is that they are not held accountable by the people. You are finally starting to see stuff like this, but it is more political motivations (one party trying to take down another) than the people standing up and taking charge. Look at the legislative pay raise issue in Pennsylvania to see what the people can accomplish when their tax money is being used to line the pockets of the legislators.

I thought that the entire reason to get into governmental service was to help people and make the world a better place, not to enrich yourself at the government trough and have access to contracts and cash you and I will never have.

515394[/snapback]

:rolleyes::unsure::lol::lol: Boy, are you naieve. :P

News flash: there isn't a single government program that doesn't involves somehow enriching someone at the government trough. "The people" have nothing to do with it.

Not that it absolves this !@#$ of his wrongdoing (and a stupid !@#$, no less...doesn't anyone use offshore accounts anymore?  :rolleyes:)...I just wanted to point out that the underwear is largely non-partisan.  :unsure:

514780[/snapback]

Always assumed more of it to be happening than most would ever know. Just figured it was politics.

:rolleyes:  :unsure:  :lol:  :lol:  Boy, are you naieve.   :P

News flash: there isn't a single government program that doesn't involves somehow enriching someone at the government trough.  "The people" have nothing to do with it.

515555[/snapback]

I'm not naive. I guess I just expect more out of people.

Maybe I shouldn't, but dammit, I'm an attorney with access to accounts that belong to other people. Unless I get permission, or a bill of theirs needs to be paid, I DON'T TOUCH THEM. Period.

Mike

I'm not naive. 

I was just bustin' on ya...

I guess I just expect more out of people.

But these aren't people...they're politicians. :rolleyes:

Maybe I shouldn't, but dammit, I'm an attorney with access to accounts that belong to other people.  Unless I get permission, or a bill of theirs needs to be paid, I DON'T TOUCH THEM.  Period. 

Mike

515690[/snapback]

That's called integrity, and its why you'll never get elected to public office. :unsure:

I was just bustin' on ya...

But these aren't people...they're politicians.  :rolleyes:

That's called integrity, and its why you'll never get elected to public office.  :unsure:

515694[/snapback]

Voting for integrity. Screw that. I want people who will do my bidding, or at least help me to get some of that no-bidding.