1. 1. Who's the best among the leaders?

• Carson Palmer
    • Peyton Manning
    • Marc Bulger
    • Jake Plummer
    • Drew Bledsoe

you need to add Brady and Vick to that list

514713[/snapback]

Since we're not including our own QB who rated a 62 yesterday, it's hard to add some shlub who left the field with a QB rating of 42.

Odd what a little pressure does to guys without a top defense giving them extra offensive series!

Hard to argue against Peyton, and I can't believe that you of all people left Tom Brady off that list.  I kid... I kid...

514704[/snapback]

Not much of a stretch leaving Mr. Mediocre off that list.

Once again, he comes up lame in a contest against a team with an above-500 record. In starts against teams with winning records this year, Mr. First-Ballot-HOF'er is a pathetic 2-5, with one of those wins against the Falcons without Michael Vick. The combined records of the teams he has faced and beaten this year is 29-36, with 14 of those wins split between Pitt and Atlanta. The records for the other four...15-29.

So, assuming that a Michael Vick-led Atlanta team would have rolled over New England, Mr. Fabulous' record would be 1-6 against "good" teams. Hardly stats putting him in the QB elite.

No top rated defense, and no Charlie Weis. At least he'll benefit from playing four the next five games against the Jets (twice), the Dolphins, and the Bills.

Disagree. I voted Carson. The guy is ridiculous this season.

514721[/snapback]

So, based on his play this season, you think Carson is a better QB than Peyton? (The question is who's the best QB in the NFL today...not who's having the best season.) If you think CP is a better QB than PM...then, so be it. Right now, there's no way I make that statement.

Since we're not including our own QB who rated a 62 yesterday, it's hard to add some shlub who left the field with a QB rating of 42.

Odd what a little pressure does to guys without a top defense giving them extra offensive series!

514720[/snapback]

It really is amazing, isn't it? Has a single player in the history of the NFL benefitted more from those around him than Tommy-boy? Has any other player been given so many accolades for having done so little on his own?

Not much of a stretch leaving Mr. Mediocre off that list. 

Once again, he comes up lame in a contest against a team with an above-500 record.  In starts against teams with winning records this year, Mr. First-Ballot-HOF'er is a pathetic 2-5, with one of those wins against the Falcons without Michael Vick.  The combined records of the teams he has faced and beaten this year is 29-36, with 14 of those wins split between Pitt and Atlanta.  The records for the other four...15-29. 

So, assuming that a Michael Vick-led Atlanta team would have rolled over New England, Mr. Fabulous' record would be 1-6 against "good" teams.  Hardly stats putting him in the QB elite.

No top rated defense, and no Charlie Weis.  At least he'll benefit from playing four the next five games against the Jets (twice), the Dolphins, and the Bills.

514731[/snapback]

Not to interrupt the Brady bashing (because I enjoy it and agree he has been over-rated) but what is Carson's record vs. winning teams this season? And how does everybody think ANY of these qb's would do with lesser talent and a weak defense? Think Palmer looking like God this year (mind you I think he is VERY good) has anything to do with him getting 5 seconds to throw on most passing plays?

It really is amazing, isn't it?  Has a single player in the history of the NFL benefitted more from those around him than Tommy-boy?  Has any other player been given so many accolades for having done so little on his own?

514748[/snapback]

What makes it ironic is the fact that the media "darling" in NE only lost one player from his 2005 offensive Super Bowl roster during the off-season.

But... but... but...

or maybe more appropriately Butt.......Butt......Butt ;-)

Where's old Bollywood Donahoe with his 1200 plus posts here demanding Bill's fans worship at the altar of the Piper's Son?

Think Palmer looking like God this year (mind you I think he is VERY good) has anything to do with him getting 5 seconds to throw on most passing plays?

514757[/snapback]

You've been around here long enough to know TIP (time in pocket) has NO bearing on a QB's reputation ;-)

a lot of people dont think Vick is a great QB.

but people seem to rank QBs by stats, rather than what they do on the field.

M. Vick will never pass like Manning. but Manning will never run like Vick.

Vick has earned the right to be thaught of as a great QB.

What makes it ironic is the fact that the media "darling" in NE only lost one player from his 2005 offensive Super Bowl roster during the off-season.

But...  but...  but...

or maybe more appropriately Butt.......Butt......Butt  ;-)

Where's old Bollywood Donahoe with his 1200 plus posts here demanding Bill's fans worship at the altar of the Piper's Son?

514770[/snapback]

I don't like Brady, as he has lost to the BIlls just once in his entire career....

However the guy has lost more than one player on his offense....His starting

LT Matt Light has missed quite a few games...and his starting Center went

on IR just last week....Plus he has had no running game last 5-6 weeks with

Dillon sitting it out with injury......

Actually Brady has played terrific except for this weekends game this season.

He has even thrown some long balls....

a lot of people dont think Vick is a great QB.

but people seem to rank QBs by stats, rather than what they do on the field.

M. Vick will never pass like Manning. but Manning will never run like Vick.

Vick has earned the right to be thaught of as a great QB.

514820[/snapback]

I don't think Vick is better than Big Ben....Look at the differnce in the

Steelers teams with Ben behind the center and without him.....They are

a average team without Big Ben....He is also another guy who never

posts big stats, except for the most important one....the Ws....He also

can play under lots of pressure..... I am happy that we have JP...he

is coming along....However, I wish that damn Jax GM/Coach would have

gone for that trade rather than taking Mr. Reggie SuperStart Williams

who can't even start for his team in his 2nd year.