Materials

# Sponge

# Paper towels

# Dull knife or metal spoon

# WD-40® (car part lubricant)

# Liquid dishwashing detergent

# Small stiff bristle brush

Procedure

Scrape excess crayon off with a dull-edge knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD-40 and let stand a few minutes. With a small, stiff bristle brush work crayon stain and wipe with paper towels. Respray with WD-40 and apply liquid dishwashing detergent on the sprayed area; work in with the brush and wipe stain away with a damp sponge. If stain remains, repeat the procedure. For another method, use any brand upholstery cleaner as directed on the container.

and the subsequent crayon color?  I tried to place a hot iron over a wet cloth on the rug, that worked for the wax, now i have the crayon color to contend with.  On one carpet I am not overly concerned about the discoloration, but on another one, the discoloration should be kept to a minimum.  thanks in advance

514406[/snapback]

Eat it.

Eat it.

Dontcha make me repeat it.

Here it is from their site:

How to remove Crayons (Regular) from carpet and upholstery:

Materials

#  Sponge

# Paper towels

# Dull knife or metal spoon

# WD-40® (car part lubricant)

# Liquid dishwashing detergent

# Small stiff bristle brush

Procedure

Scrape excess crayon off with a dull-edge knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD-40 and let stand a few minutes. With a small, stiff bristle brush work crayon stain and wipe with paper towels. Respray with WD-40 and apply liquid dishwashing detergent on the sprayed area; work in with the brush and wipe stain away with a damp sponge. If stain remains, repeat the procedure. For another method, use any brand upholstery cleaner as directed on the container.

514810[/snapback]

Nice. WD-40 is like 80% kerosene.

Nice.  WD-40 is like 80% kerosene.

514932[/snapback]

:D

No big deal. The kerosene will get lost in all the other chemicals that are contained in both the carpet and pad.

My advice:

Beat the kids senseless. If you found out that they purposely squashed them into the carpet... Beat them twice as senseless. Then freak out and throw a hissy fit!

Then cover it with a end-table, watch a movie and eat some popcorn!

"Boy, it is hard to kiss the lips that chew your arse out everyday."

Just kidding!

:(

I thought WD-40 was almost edible and perfectly safe?????

wd 40 will remove stains in carpet, make sure you remove not only the stain but more importantly the wd 40 you sprayed on the carpet.. the oils in the wd 40 will make a new stain by absorbing dust and you will have a new stain that maynot come clean....

514996[/snapback]

I thought WD-40 was almost edible and perfectly safe?????

515457[/snapback]

I would'nt use wd 40 as subsitute for cooking spray, I am sure it work's... As for use as a stain remover on carpet, the oil residue on surface of the yarn's in the carpet will act like a sponge to dust... And the new stain will resemble an oilspot on your driveway.. That is why I reccomend useing ''spotshot'', is drycleaning fluid in a aerosol can..Spray on blot out no need to to remove cleaning residue...