Anyone know how to get crayon out of carpet

The Poojer

and the subsequent crayon color? I tried to place a hot iron over a wet cloth on the rug, that worked for the wax, now i have the crayon color to contend with. On one carpet I am not overly concerned about the discoloration, but on another one, the discoloration should be kept to a minimum. thanks in advance

Make sure it's WHITE vinegar.

514500[/snapback]

Balsamic will make the carpet taste better, though. ;)

For what it's worth the new "oxy" generation of cleaners really kick ass. If the vinegar doesn't work, try one.

Balsamic will make the carpet taste better, though.  :lol:

For what it's worth the new "oxy" generation of cleaners really kick ass.  If the vinegar doesn't work, try one.

514519[/snapback]

Recently had the carpets steam cleaned, said the oxy stuff is really bad for the carpet, though for the life of me can't remeber why ;)

Recently had the carpets steam cleaned, said the oxy stuff is really bad for the carpet, though for the life of me can't remeber why ;)

514553[/snapback]

Probably because it works and cuts into the steam cleaners $$$. :lol:

Dunno for sure. It may be bad for the fibers or something...but it gets the sucker clean, I tells ya that, I tells ya.

Leave it to The Dean to be thinking about munching some carpet! ;)

Balsamic will make the carpet taste better, though.  :lol:

For what it's worth the new "oxy" generation of cleaners really kick ass.  If the vinegar doesn't work, try one.

514519[/snapback]

Leave it to The Dean to be thinking about munching some carpet! ;)

514604[/snapback]

0:)0:)0:)0:)0:)

For the record, though...I really do think a lot about munching carpet...not that I have anything against hardwood floors!

:lol::lol::doh::doh:

and the subsequent crayon color?  I tried to place a hot iron over a wet cloth on the rug, that worked for the wax, now i have the crayon color to contend with.  On one carpet I am not overly concerned about the discoloration, but on another one, the discoloration should be kept to a minimum.  thanks in advance

514406[/snapback]

Why are you damaging your carpet with crayons in the first place?

and the subsequent crayon color?  I tried to place a hot iron over a wet cloth on the rug, that worked for the wax, now i have the crayon color to contend with.  On one carpet I am not overly concerned about the discoloration, but on another one, the discoloration should be kept to a minimum.  thanks in advance

514406[/snapback]

Spotshot is a very good cleaner for carpets and linens or clothes.... It comes in a can and you spray the stain and blot it after 10 mins.... Sold at homedepot $ 8.00 .... Have used this product on stains like oil, ketchup, mustard and paints that were on brandnew carpets in new homes....