New respect for J.P.

rolly

I hadn't been to a game since week 1 and I went yesterday. I've been hearing about it, but had yet to witness it with my own eyes. THE RECEIVERS ARE NOT GETTING OPEN!!

There was probably 7 or 8 plays all game where a receiver was obliviously open. Besides that, they were in very tight coverage or had a small gap to fit a pass into. I dont care what kind of QB you are, if you dont have open receivers, your not going to do much. I'm just glad that J.P. has been smart enough to not force many throws.

I dont know what the deal is, but if the receivers dont start becoming able to receive then this pass offense is going nowhere.

I hadn't been to a game since week 1 and I went yesterday. I've been hearing about it, but had yet to witness it with my own eyes. THE RECEIVERS ARE NOT GETTING OPEN!!

There was probably 7 or 8 plays all game where a receiver was obliviously open. Besides that, they were in very tight coverage or had a small gap to fit a pass into. I dont care what kind of QB you are, if you dont have open receivers, your not going to do much. I'm just glad that J.P. has been smart enough to not force many throws.

I dont know what the deal is, but if the receivers dont start becoming able to receive then this pass offense is going nowhere.

514337[/snapback]

I wonder how the WRs get open for Holcomb?

JP played well. our O-Line just isnt giving him enough time.

other than the last INT  :blink: , he played very well all game. the Panthers were just on the field for so long, he didnt get many chances.

514348[/snapback]

I understand out O-line is awful thats evident. However, there were a few plays where the line actually did pass block and JP probably had about 4-5 seconds of pressure-free pocket time. I glanced downfield, Eric Moulds-covered, Lee Evans-covered, Josh Reed-looking up salaries for the CFL.

I understand it all starts with the line. But even when JP rolls out and pressure really isnt an issue, he has to hold onto it or throw it away because there just isnt anyone getting open. I dont know if its the play-calling or just a lack of effort but something is wrong here.

JP played well. our O-Line just isnt giving him enough time.

other than the last INT  :blink: , he played very well all game. the Panthers were just on the field for so long, he didnt get many chances.

514348[/snapback]

Also, McGahee did not play well...Considering that the Panthers did not

stack up the line with 8 men, may be McGahee need to show more heart....

I for a change saw some some smile on JP as he seemed to enjoy the

rhythm he was getting while moving the ball down to the carolina side.

Unfortunately, we came up with the loss...

There was a video clip where J.P. was running for his life and the film had an isolation on Eric Moulds. He quit on the play! Maybe every other team in this league teaches recievers to help their QB by breaking off patterns and coming back for the ball, but NOT Eric! Sad commentary on the effort being wasted by J.P. when things break down and he's trying to make something happen! Oh well, maybe Eric Moulds will be happier in Dallas or Washington or.....

l was listening to the game on Satellite radio.  During the bills last series, the announcers said that Moulds was wide open and could have waltzed in for a TD, but that JP wasn't even close.  Anyone care to elaborate on this play?

514572[/snapback]

Yep, JP threw that pass of his back foot....cause he had peters bulled right into him....the ball sailed out of bounds....Moulds was open and if Losman had a crown to step up into on that play...we score....

Yep, JP threw that pass of his back foot....cause he had peters bulled right into him....the ball sailed out of bounds....Moulds was open and if Losman had a crown to step up into on that play...we score....

514600[/snapback]

ouch - the thin line between our inbred optimism and inevitable pessimism was set on that play...