Random observations from the game.

Kelly the Dog

Not being sarcastic at all.  Everyone's been calling for Clements, Gray, and Mularky's heads around here lately.  They'll go elsewhere and be sucessful, while we continue spinning our wheels by not addressing the trenches.

CW

514332[/snapback]

I will extend that thought to include some players as well. I have said this often that we need not chase away every non-pro bowler on this team. There are perennial under-achievers who need to be shown the door (Coy Wire, Bennie, Josh Reed) but others that we need to keep albeit with re-structured contracts (MW, EM). Bottom line, TD has to take the blame for the abysmal talent all round. Given what happened to Pittsburgh with and after TD, I really think he needs to go.

Another random thought - maybe all the gadget plays and trickery that MM is pulling is preparing for next season. He is trying things out, knowing in his heart that the team with low level of talent is not going anywhere this year. So why not experiment at this time ? Then next year if (and that is a very big if) we add real talent to the O and D, he can pull all stops and really execute on the O side.

I think Mularkey has potential to be good, but he's had a crappy year. Crappier than the players, IMO, who have been lousy. He's just not pushing the right buttons. He's trying to be too smart. He's abandoning the only things that work far too often. The package of Reed/Aiken as the only wideouts is absolutely intolerable to me because they run every play out of it and everyone everywhere knows it. He doesn't put JP in the best position to play well. And he's had crappy luck.

514328[/snapback]

What kills me is that in the second half of last season, these coaches could do no wrong.

So they have it in them... what gives? ;)

What kills me is that in the second half of last season, these coaches could do no wrong.

So they have it in them... what gives?  ;)

514466[/snapback]

How much did the weak schedule play into that perception ? The ST's and D combined for a mind boggling 10 TD's last year, while the O was struggling.

The OL and DL fell apart this year and all our warts,including the playcalling, were exposed.

I thought it was JP's best game as a Bill. He actually moved up in the pocket to convert a third down, something I've been waiting for him to do since he arrived in Buffalo. He acknowledges he bailed on his linemen on the Moulds toss. He's been the cause of maybe half the pass pressure since he retook the job from Holcomb, a guy who's only saving grace is he virtually never bails out of the pocket. JP's major handicap is his reliance on on his feet and the discouraging effect that has on his linemen when they've done everything by the book to provide him a spot to throw from simply to see JP slide out and into the grasp of a guy they've kept out of the play. If he calms down and allows the game to come to him instead of trying to do too much he'll find far more success in a shorter period of time.

It looked to me like that Ball just got away from JP...I could be wrong...On TV it looked liked it sailed Out Of Bounds...Dont know if that was a Play where he had someone in his grill at the last moment or not...but like I said it looked like that Ball just sailed on him.... ;)

514298[/snapback]

Well Peters got bulled right back into JP....JP had no pocket to step into...if the line holds up and gives JP a crown to step up into...we get 6 and take the lead...

Watching from the game it looked to me that he threw it to Moulds outside and Moulds looked inside. He was so wide open that he had time to spin around and look for the ball but not enough time to try to get it. It also looked to me that JP also wasn't looking at Moulds until just before he threw it. Not knowing the play or the defense or what was supposed to happen, I would guess it was one of those read plays where if a D player does one thing it's an out and if he does another it's an in, and JP read it wrong. Or else simply wasn''t looking to the D player until right before he threw. It did not seem as though the play was a bomb to Moulds as the first option though.

514301[/snapback]

i heard jp on the radio after the game, and he said he pulled his arm in a little and rushed because he was worried about the right side of the line collapsing. he blamed himself for not believing in peters, and went on to say how great a job peters did that game.

i heard jp on the radio after the game, and he said he pulled his arm in a little and rushed because he was worried about the right side of the line collapsing. he blamed himself for not believing in peters, and went on to say how great a job peters did that game.

514587[/snapback]

Yep

;)

What the hell happend to putting your best players on the field and letting them make plays, instead of relying on a specific package to accomplish something.

514441[/snapback]

Proof in the Pudding.....Another confirmation that this Coaching staff cannot

adjust their schemes to the personnel they have.....and trying to outsmart

themselves..

13] I had a great time at the game, seeing Lori and Badol and Jack and Crash and Pinto Kenny and 34-78-83 amongst others, and then sitting with Mark IV, Erynthered and Steve in Lancaster at the game. Great fun and day, bad ending.

514238[/snapback]

What about me? ;)