LMFAO at you assclowns

Coach Tuesday

First off... there was great satisfaction in watching last year's team fight their way into a position to qualify for post-season play. 

Secondly.. I'm white-collar, still employed and do not expect that everything will inevitably fail. 

I do expect that Ralph Wilson will do what's best for Ralph Wilson. 

If your expectations coincide with his, you're in good shape.  For 40 years, mine haven't.

514768[/snapback]

I wasn't implying you in particular with this trend. Just an observation of mine :lol: I've always enjoyed reading what you have to say regardless of your outlook overall ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, 46 years ago Ralph wanted to have the AFL's Miami franchise but the Orange Bowl wouldn't give him a lease.  Never say never.

514695[/snapback]

I did not say "never"....However with the way the economy has been over

the 5 years, there are not many counties/cities today that can come out and

say we can support a new NFL franchise in their backyard....The 1st thing they

would have to shelve out is a HUGE Stadium with luxury boxes....My question

was if such a county/city existed that would pull the plug....With the economy

I don't see such cities that can vie with an existing city for a NFL franchise..

Great original post! I just wish that the management* (*since I still don't know who made the decision to go to Holcomb) over at OBD would have understood the situation as well as you do. ...and that if not for his injury, they may still be starting Holcomb at the expense of the next season(s).

There ya go, Mark IV.  This is what we would have posted 40 years ago - if there was an internet.  Or computers.  Or digital anything!  :D

You're absolutely right, ajzepp.  Much of what us old-timers have to say is critical.  Not so much of the players, mind you, but of the front office.  I love seeing JP, Evans and all the young players coming into their own.  Hell, I've coached football to young men and there's no greater reward than teaching something you love to another.  As young Bills fans, guys like Mark and me were drooling over the likes of Dennis Shaw, Marlin Brisco and Haven Moses when they came up.

For you young fans, 'wait til next year' is an innocent and a positive approach.

Here's hoping you guys don't have to live through 40 something 'next years'.

514728[/snapback]

I wept openly after reading this post! :( I agree your sentiment 100% (from a Bills fan of 35+ years).

I go back 40 years with this team.  Young, idealistic fans can believe (as I once did)  that the owner of their favorite team wants a championship as much as they do. But some of us have been in the real world long enough to know the meaning of 'business is business'.  Allegiances, loyalties and quests for glory all fall prey to the reality of what's best for a business' bottom line. 

I don't think Ralph is particularly cheap.  He just never seems to draw up a discernable plan of action for his franchise. 

He was smart enough to work with the AFL's founding fathers in creating the revenue sharing that was later adopted by the NFL when television money started pouring in.  He was commited enough in keeping the old AFL alive to loan the Oakland franchise enough money to stay afloat. 

He's smart and a class act but he just seems to have a 'happy to be here' mentality when it comes to the Bills.

If they win - he's happy.

If they lose - it's OK.

He may go down as one of the biggest fans of the game that ever lived, but his lack of a sense of urgency about his own club bewilders me.

514637[/snapback]

Wow... This to me sums it up. It bewilders me too.

I like to think, IMO, RW is a great businessman. He will always play the safe and sure root. Not that this hasn't worked for Buffalo (winning wise)... In fact this is probably why this team has stayed here and will remain here.

RW=Tribune Company (Chi Cubs) They know what they got and they aren't gonna fug with it. I just wish we had a Sox in town to turn up the heat! :D:(

In the end what is the most important thing. I'd take keeping the team in Buffalo.

I just bought a retro 64-65 AFL Champions flag. I loved the SB era.

I just want to see a return to the glory and to finally nail a Ring. Is that too much to ask after 43 years of fandom? :D:(

Oh yeah... white collar, middle of the Boomers, not disgruntled.

The "Man" does not deal you cards you cannot play.

:huh:

Was there no satisfaction with the AFL titles, or the 4 opportunities at a SuperBowl championship? Just wondering... I realize it's now been a while since our team was a real competitor so most of the critical talk is legitimized. I would just play a small devil's advocate here and give a friendly warning of an often familiar trend for "old-timer" fans who believe thet inevitably everything will fail. If I've seen it once I've seen it a million times.  :lol:  There seems to be a high correlation of this trend amongst local retired Blue collar factory type workers. Very disgruntled indeed  :D

514747[/snapback]

Guest BackInDaDay
Unless he is on fluids only now, it is not Mark IV it is Mark VI (Village Idiot)  :D

515162[/snapback]

Thanks, Rock. :(

Mark, it's a proud name, my apologies. :huh:

He's built some nice receipts for Ralph, in terms of club seats and season tickets.

514535[/snapback]

The credit t othe club seat sales goes to Butler and Flutie. The best way to get people to the games is to win - generating "excitement" is a distant second - and he hasn't done that. According to ESPN's attendance page, the Bills are 27th in percent of capacity at 89%.

My problem with this "moving to" somewhere is: WHERE...I don't think there

is any city today that is sitting on a pile of cash to build a profitable stadium

for an NFL franchise, other than LA.....and LA will see a football team before

the time of RWS and the bills get sold....I just don't see another LA or

Houston or Raleigh out there that can lure a NFL team to their backyard.....

The NFL has reached its saturation limit from the point of # of teams in its

league. I don't think the NFL is going to expand anytime soon nor is there a

traditional city sitting out there that can fill up a 70,000 stadium day in day

out (irrespctive of how the team does)....Folks....the Bills are not going anywhere

after RWS...

514601[/snapback]

The odds of the Bills moving are smaller than a lot of people think. There are many markets out there roughly on par with Buffalo - Raleigh, Portland, San Antonio, etc. that would have to shell out half a billion dollars for a new stadium. And we saw Tags' reaction to SA. There will always be the elephant of Los Angeles, but there is a lot of speculation that the NFL wants to keep that market free so that teams can extort money out of their cities.

And for the original post, this year in isolation would be fine as a rebuilding year (but it would be nice to see young players get more time if that's the case. Lets see Geisinger and Preston, for example). But the fact that it comes after five other rebuilding years - that's the source of frustration.

And for the original post, this year in isolation would be fine as a rebuilding year (but it would be nice to see young players get more time if that's the case.  Lets see Geisinger and Preston, for example).  But the fact that it comes after five other rebuilding years - that's the source of frustration.

515221[/snapback]

I understand the SOURCE of frustration, believe me, I'm as frustrated as anyone. However, if you fail to see the importance of the arrival and development of a franchise QB, you're just determined to be miserable.

FACTS:

Donahoe blew it on Gregg Williams. That cost us 3 years.

Donahoe failed adequately to prepare for and compensate for Reuben Brown's decline and departure; that compounded Bledsoe's weaknesses and struggles. That cost us last year.

But, Donahoe did NOT, I don't think, cost us this season - yes the o-line is horrid and the defense needs re-tooling. BUT my point is, I never bought into the formula - even with a killer defense and a solid o-line, we weren't gonna win the Superbowl this year. Not with an impossible schedule and a young QB - it wasn't gonna happen. (People need to finally realize that last year's Pittsburgh team was a fluke.) Ever since Troy Vincent broke JP's leg in practice (the closest Troy's come to making a tackle in the last two years), this organization has been focused on 2006 and beyond - nomatter what they've said to the contrary (which they've said to sell tickets, obviously). And, contrary to what many folks have said here, we're actually gonna be in decent cap shape this offseason, especially after we cut Iron Mike, Stubbed-Toe Milloy, QB-killer Vincent, Parker Posey, Tapped Keg Adams, and Bush League Teague.

"rebuilding year?" What exactly were we "rebuilding from? Our last playoff season? We have had one hell of a lot of rebuilding years. This year is a fourth or fifth rebuilding year. So be it. We can "rebuild" till the cows come home until we build a good (or great) offensive and defensive line we will always be rebuilding. Parcells knows rebuilding and it isn't taking him five years to do it.

And, contrary to what many folks have said here, we're actually gonna be in decent cap shape this offseason, especially after we cut Iron Mike, Stubbed-Toe Milloy, QB-killer Vincent, Parker Posey, Tapped Keg Adams, and Bush League Teague.

515231[/snapback]

And replace them with...

I'm waiting.

For one, Milloy was actually one of the few guys on the defense making a presence in the Panthers game. Numerous times he was there making stops that should have been made by Posey. In addition, I think you saw in a big way how important he is (and how he would be missed) on the touchdown play that came right after he exited the game.

Coy Wire is not his replacement. Who is? Leave Milloy alone.

Vincent came to Clements' rescue a few times. I'd say with a real D-line, we might not need to mess with the secondary at all.

Mario Haggan or Josh Stamer haven't been good enough to unseat the laughably bad Posey. Who is? Assuming Spikes returns (to form), maybe Crowell, but he is not much more than average, either.

We need two starting defensive tackles if we sack Adams. Who are they?

Teague, easy, we replace him with Preston, right? Hopefully. :D Trey and Bennie are dead weight out there.

The rest of the line: tackles might be OK with better/healthier (?) guards. Villarial might be past his peak, but serviceable if we can keep him healthy. Upgrading at RG or at the tackles is at a premium compared to getting a GOOD (really good, like, making-Mike Gandy-look-GREAT-good)LG right now, because Gandy is playing OK and Peters looks to have decent potential.

The credit to the club seat sales goes to Butler and Flutie.  The best way to get people to the games is to win - generating "excitement" is a distant second - and he hasn't done that.  According to ESPN's attendance page, the Bills are 27th in percent of capacity at 89%. 

515221[/snapback]

Link? :rolleyes:

I am lazy today.

And replace them with...

I'm waiting.

For one, Milloy was actually one of the few guys on the defense making a presence in the Panthers game.  Numerous times he was there making stops that should have been made by Posey.  In addition, I think you saw in a big way how important he is (and how he would be missed) on the touchdown play that came right after he exited the game.

Coy Wire is not his replacement.  Who is?  Leave Milloy alone.

Vincent came to Clements' rescue a few times.  I'd say with a real D-line, we might not need to mess with the secondary at all.

Mario Haggan or Josh Stamer haven't been good enough to unseat the laughably bad Posey.  Who is?  Assuming Spikes returns (to form), maybe Crowell, but he is not much more than average, either.

We need two starting defensive tackles if we sack Adams.  Who are they?

Teague, easy, we replace him with Preston, right?  Hopefully.  :rolleyes:  Trey and Bennie are dead weight out there.

The rest of the line: tackles might be OK with better/healthier (?) guards.  Villarial might be past his peak, but serviceable if we can keep him healthy.  Upgrading at RG or at the tackles is at a premium compared to getting a GOOD (really good, like, making-Mike Gandy-look-GREAT-good)LG right now, because Gandy is playing OK and Peters looks to have decent potential.

515289[/snapback]

excellent post. by the way, troy vincent is quietly having a very solid year. he's hardly the problem.