The Bills problem can't be fixed with one Draft

I figure we need (in no order)

3 OL men Center, Guard, Tackle

2 DL (thats if we go to a 3-4)

2 Safetys

2 WR

2 LBs (posey sucks and LF is getting older)

1 corner

1 D coach

and, 45 heart transplants

That's starters... not for depth. :blink:

Notice I did not say QB, TE, or RB (I think we are fine in these positions

2 Safetys

2 WR

1 corner

1 D coach

That's starters... not for depth.  :blink:

514159[/snapback]

I know how bleak this season looks right now, but I disagree with your assessment of how far away the Bills are to being contenders once again. First off, I see an AFC East division that will be one of the weakest in the NFL. I also see JP Losman getting more and more comfortable so he will be ready to truly be the man in 2006. Yes we do have holes but look at how the Bears and Giants went from horrible teams to playoff contenders in just one season. This team will have the money under the cap to plug most of the holes. Our top ten draft pick could even be a factor, but he doesn't hold the key to instant success. I think the Bills will be contenders next season, even with the bad bad record we will no doubt end up with in 2005.

I know how bleak this season looks right now, but I disagree with your assessment of how far away the Bills are to being contenders once again. First off, I see an AFC East division that will be one of the weakest in the NFL. I also see JP Losman getting more and more comfortable so he will be ready to truly be the man in 2006. Yes we do have holes but look at how the Bears and Giants went from horrible teams to playoff contenders in just one season. This team will have the money under the cap to plug most of the holes. Our top ten draft pick could even be a factor, but he doesn't hold the key to instant success. I think the Bills will be contenders next season, even with the bad bad record we will no doubt end up with in 2005.

514166[/snapback]

One of these seasons, we'll have the ability to enjoy the present as opposed to waiting until the future. I have hope.

It is depressing to think about the offseason needs of this team, since those needs will be greater than they were during the season. We will lose Clements, Teague and Adams (and possibly Moulds). That, on top of our poor play this season, makes me feel like we are very far away from being competitive.

It is depressing to think about the offseason needs of this team, since those needs will be greater than they were during the season.  We will lose Clements, Teague and Adams (and possibly Moulds).  That, on top of our poor play this season, makes me feel like we are very far away from being competitive.

514172[/snapback]

So do like I ask: BLOW IT UP.

Dump all the hi-priced vets and move on.

We're one GM and Head Coach away.

514161[/snapback]

Especially coaching. If this team had any coaching whatsoever we'd be a lot more productive. Face it, this year has been lost mainly due to poor coaching. Injuries to Spikes and our 2 Miami draft picks have hurt but that isn't an excuse. For one the play calling has sucked all year long. Take yesterday the 1st trip in the red zone: on 3rd and 1 we try a flip play to Mcgahee instead of running straight ahead, take a 4 yard lost and have to settle for a field goal. Always trying to be cute when baisc playcalling can get the job done. Later in the game we are killing the Panthers with the no-huddle, then we get away from it. For this team I've said all year long that a 3 WR or a singleback attack is better for this team as Willis seems to dance more when he has a FB in front of him; when you spread teams out and give him cutback lanes he seems more decisive. I think a zone blocking scheme that Denver uses would fit WM more. And while most jump on WIlliams back for not being a top 5 pick, when he has played the past 2 years our running game has been solid. While Peters is just as good a pass blocker, he is not the mauler that Williams is in the running game. If a mid season change needed to be made a O-line, why wasn't Gandy shifted top LG, a position he has played and probably more suited for and Peters moved in at LT, a position he practiced for the whole offseason? With that being said I still think Peters and Gandy have played well but the interior guys haven't done as well for most of the pressure this season has come where QB's hate it the most up the middle.

But back to coaching; how can we win with such horrible playcalling? I mean we barely pass with basic personell and when we do it is the same patterns; we never run the ball in succession. If we do pass on 1st down we always run on 2nd leaving the QB in 3rd and long, with Willis on the sideline. The reason the no-huddle series was so effective was that the Panthers couldn't key in based on personell wheter we'd run or pass and had to be on teir toes. SInce we have no threat at TE when we set up in basic personell we are so easy to defend because we aren't commited to the run and once we do go to 3 WR it is 3rd and long with our best runner sitting on the sidelines. For the last 5 games, the 3 WR set should be the staple of our offense and in doing so both our running game and passing game will pick up. At least Gray finally got smart and didn't get us killed by stubbornly sticking with blitzing schemes that leave us vulnerable and open up huge running lanes. That is why our D has been so bad this year as coaches haven't adjusted to the strength of it's personell. If we had a premier coach who would adjust and do whatever it takes to win we'd have 2-3 more wins and be in the hunt as the talent on this team is not lacking just the coaching. My biggest gripe is that if we finish strong the last 5 games, looking at 2006 and the roster I see so much potential with Everett in the mix along with a few draftees but the sad thing is that next year this time I might still be looking for the next year hoping we can add another piece to the puzzle!

Aside from talent at certain positions, what we need is a better attitude and a different coaching philosophy from the Top....Our coaching staff cannot adjust

Unless the mindset of the current staff does not change..there will be no

change...

2 Safetys

2 WR

1 corner

1 D coach

514159[/snapback]

I see it more like this (Just me)

2 OL (Og's) - 1 might be here if Williams can learn the position

2 DT's

1 safety (Baker is already here)

0 WR (as long as EM reworks his contract again)

1 LB (Fletcher's eventual replacement, plus Crowell can fit in somewhere once Spikes returns)

1 Corner (this would be 0 if Nate doesn't ask to be the highest paid in the league)

1 OC

2 Safetys

2 WR

1 corner

1 D coach

514159[/snapback]

The part that you mentioned about the 3 OL's and 2 DL's is true. I'd like to see us draft 2 OL in the draft next year, preferably in the first four rounds.

I see it more like this (Just me)

2 OL (Og's) - 1 might be here if Williams can learn the position

2 DT's

1 safety (Baker is already here)

0 WR (as long as EM reworks his contract again)

1 LB (Fletcher's eventual replacement, plus Crowell can fit in somewhere once Spikes returns)

1 Corner (this would be 0 if Nate doesn't ask to be the highest paid in the league)

1 OC

514383[/snapback]

seconded