OL is the root cause

lobottomee

The whole thing with this team is I think they have their cap room tied down to the wrong positions. The positions worth spending money on defense are all the d-line positions and cornerbacks. Safteies and linebackers are not as important imo. good safteies can be had in the mid to late part of the draft and I'm sure Milloy and Vincent are eating up a good portion of cap room. I like TKO and London, but if you have quality d-linemen you do not need great linebackers because they will keep the o-linemen off of the linebackers. you need quality corners simply because oppossing receivers will eat you alive if you do not have them.

On offense I liken guards and centres to safeties on defense. I think they are easy to get in the mid to late part of the draft and not worthy of hefty contracts. Runningbacks these days are also becoming less valueable, too. Look at all the terrific backs found in the mid part of the draft: Rudi Johnson 4th round pick, Curtis Martin 3rd round pick, reuben droughns 3rd round pick, Domanick Davis 4th round pick. I like Willis, but TD has used a 1st and 2nd round pick on running back where players of equal talent could be had later in the draft. Imagine if those picks had been used on offensive Tackles or defensive tackles.

I think on offense the positions worthy of having large sums of money spent on them are: wide receivers, quarterbacks and bookend tackles. Tight End is another position not worhty of much investment. Look at players like Eric Johnson 7th round pick or Jason Witten 3rd round pick.

In summary this team would be better of investing in Quarterbacks, offensive tackles and defensive tackles instead of safeties, line backers and running backs.

Thats my rant. Haven't posted in some time.