JETS (Away) Cincy (Away)

MIAMI (Home) JETS (away)

NE Jets W

Bills L

Tampa L

Jets L Revenge game ill give the jets 1

Miami W

8-8 Realistic Record for new england

Buf Miami W.....Wishful thinking, remember this post is based on realitic optimism

But this loss is the final nail for me to shut up

NE W..........Season on the line at home, i think we get this one

Denver home W.......HUGE TEST, needed for playoff thinking

Cincy L

JETS W

Buf 8-8 with tiebraker

Does it seem unlikely, ill be the first to admit yes, possible? yes

has this season been a disappointment? yes

has the season been productive? yes....JP, Evans, McGAhee, and yes even REED good young weapons gaining experience and will be valuable

Crowell, McGee, good secondary play.....LETS just worry bout upgrading the lines in the offseason

I expect this post to get ripped and i see the playoff scenario as unlikely, and im not a RA RA RA go bills with blind optimism.....this scenario is possible albeit unlikely

but i will be praying for a win in miami next week and routing against new england clinging to some form of hope

Does it seem unlikely, ill be the first to admit yes, possible? yes

has this season been a disappointment? yes

has the season been productive? yes....JP, Evans, McGAhee, and yes even REED good young weapons gaining experience and will be valuable

Crowell, McGee, good secondary play.....LETS just worry bout upgrading the lines in the offseason

I expect this post to get ripped and i see the playoff scenario as unlikely, and im not a RA RA RA go bills with blind optimism.....this scenario is possible albeit unlikely

but i will be praying for a win in miami next week and routing against new england clinging to some form of hope

514006[/snapback]

This would be bad on so many fronts, not the least of which is it would allow the delusions of grandeur to continue over there at OBD, even after a swift (and probably painful and embarrassing) exit in the 1st round. :blink:

514006[/snapback]

B-Dawgg 12--thank you for adding a shred of optimism to the board this evening. If it weren't for you and a couple of positive comments about JP's development, this board would be like the Michael Irvin fan web-site this evening...at least they are probably all getting high.

I love your optimism--to you 3rd and 47 (to steal Bill Cosby's old routine) is just a challenge/an opportunity--or another chance to expose Nate Clements/Jeff Posey/Coy Wire (fill in the blank) if you are a Bills opponent..

Reality check please. Bills will not win more than one more game the rest of the season.

514103[/snapback]

I can still see us finishing out the year strong. I still predicting that we win our last 3 games of the season. Also, I think a win against Miami next week will make several people happy on TBD.

Depending on how you look at it anything’s possible.

Buffalo is either 2 games out of a division tie (only winning the tiebreaker if NE loses to Miami or the Jets, and the Bills beat Miami, Jets, and NE).

Or

One game out of the 5th pick in the draft. As of now the 5th pick has 3 losses, and going by the current draft order the Bills SOS is only more difficult then one team in the top 18 picks. That team is the Titans who have played a schedule .001 points more difficult then Buffalos. For those that don't know reverse strength of schedule is used to break draft order ties.

The thing is, for us to have any chance, we have to win out.

NE must lose two games (to us and someone else). Then we'd win the tiebreakers based on better conf record (we'd both be 5-1 in division if NE wins all rest of division games except vs. us).

The scary game is at Cinci. Maybe with a road win at Miami and a couple of breaks it could happen, tho I doubt it.

The thing is, for us to have any chance, we have to win out. 

NE must lose two games (to us and someone else).  Then we'd win the tiebreakers based on better conf record (we'd both be 5-1 in division if NE wins all rest of division games except vs. us).

The scary game is at Cinci.  Maybe with a road win at Miami and a couple of breaks it could happen, tho I doubt it.

514892[/snapback]

That’s not right, we would lose common opponent tiebreaker which comes before the conference tiebreaker in games played within the division. Essentially we need to win out and win the division tiebreaker, because we have no chance at the common game tiebreaker anymore.

Depending on how you look at it anything’s possible. 

Buffalo is either 2 games out of a division tie (only winning the tiebreaker if NE loses to Miami or the Jets, and the Bills beat Miami, Jets, and NE). 

Or

One game out of the 5th pick in the draft. As of now the 5th pick has 3 losses, and going by the current draft order the Bills SOS is only more difficult then one team in the top 18 picks. That team is the Titans who have played a schedule .001 points more difficult then Buffalos. For those that don't know reverse strength of schedule is used to break draft order ties.

514885[/snapback]

i would rather pick 5th even it means losing out

i would rather pick 5th even it means losing out

514897[/snapback]

Depends who we pick. We could get another Mike Williams with TD calling the shots. I certainly like a high pick for one better player, but I also like the combined experience of winning for everybody on the team now.

But for now, let's just take it a week at a time rooting for Buffalo and against NE, because a playoff scenario that involves this team (and run defense) winning at Devner (and that run offense) to become an 8-8 playoff team is a whole lot harder than last years "beat Pittsburgh scrubs at home and you are in". And we know how that worked last year.

High pick or not, we have to get better on both sides of the trenches for 2006. Despite other changes, we should have Evans, JPL, Willis, and Roscoe all a year better, and get Spikes back, so this team can get good quick if TD has an accidental good year.

I am now fully on board to see what JP can do the rest of the way so we know what we have going into 2006....hey if Buffalo wins at Miami this week and then beats NE, great...if not, great too...better draft position.

As for the draft, Bills must IMO go defense 1st round (CB or LB), then load up on OL and DL help in Rounds 2-5 as much as possible.