Coaching question?

Shamrock

So i get the fact that the HC will coach according to his personality, what he's coached around as a co-ordinator and those who have coached before him and who influence him.

So, he sits around and develops some X's and O's. He writes out a plan that involves coaching professionals to follow X's and O's and then to interpret some as they professionally see, as in option routes and adjustments.

At some point though if his X's and O's don't fit the professional, whose job is it to work towards developing professionally- what happens?

It is also excepted that Professionals work to improve themselves. In Oz, Health professionals, including Doctors- aren't trusted to undertake this themselves but we have a minimum requirement of courses/ training to complete in order to annually re-register.

Example, Josh Reed was an inside- slot (I watched my typing then-phew :blink: ) in college and gets tried outside No.2 in the NFL. Falls short of professional expectations at No 2. where he's projected. Is that coaching or player? Obviously in college he was better than a truck load of kids playing WR. Is it the coaches job to rewrite some X's and O's to better fit Reed or is it up to Reed to aim to fill those X's and O's with coaching.

Or does nobody say anything and either the HC gets the sack, Reed gets cut? (which would please a lot on this board :w00t: )

So i get the fact that the HC will coach according to his personality, what he's coached around as a co-ordinator and those who have coached before him and who influence him.

So, he sits around and develops some X's and O's. He writes out a plan that involves coaching professionals to follow X's and O's and then to interpret some as they professionally see, as in option routes and adjustments.

At some point though if his X's and O's don't fit the professional, whose job is it to work towards developing professionally- what happens?

It is also excepted that Professionals work to improve themselves. In Oz, Health professionals, including Doctors- aren't trusted to undertake this themselves but we have a minimum requirement of courses/ training to complete in order to annually re-register.

Example, Josh Reed was an inside- slot (I watched my typing then-phew  :blink: ) in college and gets tried outside No.2 in the NFL. Falls short of professional expectations at No 2. where he's projected. Is that coaching or player? Obviously in college he was better than a truck load of kids playing WR. Is it the coaches job to rewrite some X's and O's to better fit Reed or is it up to Reed to aim to fill those X's and O's with coaching.

Or does nobody say anything and either the HC gets the sack, Reed gets cut? (which would please a lot on this board  :w00t: )

513951[/snapback]

It is the coaching staffs responsibility to develop X's and O's that fit their personal. You do not go to a cardiologist if you tear an ACL. Likewise, you do not make a slot receiver become a #2. This was the undoing of GW. I think he will learn from Gibbs that you always create a scheme for your personal.