Something is seriously wrong with offense

jahnyc

I thought MM was brought in to fix the offense. Our offense is boring and predicatble. They continue to perform poorly. Playing at home and no touchdown(s). JP is under 200 yards again (even though his play seems to be improving).

It is either the o-line, the play calling or a combination of the two. There is enough talent at the skill positions on this team to have at least an average offense, even with a below average oline and JP at qb (a virtual rookie).

MM is being outcoached. No scoring, no adjustments and no creativity. I understand that the defense also has problems, but our offense has been consistent in its inability to make big plays and score touchdowns.

I thought MM was brought in to fix the offense.  Our offense is boring and predicatble.  They continue to perform poorly.  Playing at home and no touchdown(s).  JP is under 200 yards again (even though his play seems to be improving).

It is either the o-line, the play calling or a combination of the two.  There is enough talent at the skill positions on this team to have at least an average offense, even with a below average oline and JP at qb (a virtual rookie).

MM is being outcoached.  No scoring, no adjustments and no creativity.  I understand that the defense also has problems, but our offense has been consistent in its inability to make big plays and score touchdowns.

513871[/snapback]

I actually thought that Carolina was going to blow Buffalo out.

So my let down wasn't that bad. No O-line on this team is

like a hotrod with no chasis.

I thought MM was brought in to fix the offense.  Our offense is boring and predicatble.  They continue to perform poorly.  Playing at home and no touchdown(s).  JP is under 200 yards again (even though his play seems to be improving).

It is either the o-line, the play calling or a combination of the two.  There is enough talent at the skill positions on this team to have at least an average offense, even with a below average oline and JP at qb (a virtual rookie).

MM is being outcoached.  No scoring, no adjustments and no creativity.  I understand that the defense also has problems, but our offense has been consistent in its inability to make big plays and score touchdowns.

513871[/snapback]

Bingo...Way too predictable :(

we CAN dream!.... Flash to 2006 and our new offensive line that has dominant written all over it! Free agent acquisitions LeCharles Bentley and Steve Hutchinson along with #1 draft pick D'Brickasaw Ferguson at OLT! Something along these "lines" would help SOLVE most of the problems associated with the 2005 version of the offense!

The 2005 Bills will be remembered as The Lost Opportunity

Chances are, we won't get this soft of a Patriots team again. Miami will be better next year. Jets will be too, cuz they'll at least have their QB situation worked out. And if they don't have Herm Edwards, that's an immediate upgrade.

The AFC East has never been this easy to win, and yet here we are, with the same damn record as the miami dolphins in their rebuilding season.

If there has ever been a year to be pissed off about the intractable mediocrity of this football team, it's this year. And yet my expectations have become so low for this team and this coach, that I found myself not feeling pissed or frustrated at all after today's loss. This is the first time I can truly say this since the rebuilding year of 2001.

I don't believe Mularkey is good enough to win consistently in this league. I see too many stupid play calls and bad gameday decision making and guys that don't fight to win games. I see them in love with a QB who is clearly talented but lacks the more important qualities you look for in a QB...field vision, quick decision making, and poise. I'm not down on him...rather, my expectations are about knee-high. I think that one day he'll probably be as good as Jake Plummer...under Mike Mularkey.

Under a better coach, with a better mind, I'd like JP a whole lot more.

I have officially waited long enough for Mike Mularkey to prove something to me. He has not gotten the job done, and the continued failure of the offense to play even AVERAGE offensively is unacceptable.

I'm just fed up with the same old problems - bad blocking, mediocre quarterbacking, awful playcalling, not playing with passion, not stopping them on 3rd down, always taking a bad penalty at the worst time, making bad game day choices, ...on and on...

I'm on the anti-Mularkey train, and I'm not getting off until getting off is merited.

513871[/snapback]

More importantly (IMO), there has never been that feeling that we can come from behind when we are down. During the Kelly era and even the Flutie era, you always knew there was a chance of pulling it out. The TD teams are like a dull predictable brick. When we are winning, we have to hold our breath untill the fourth quarter. When we are playing close, you know it's Russian Roulette where we shoot 3's and they shoot 7's. When we fall behind you know its over. It's not very exciting, particularly the offense which only a fool expects big plays from.

Special teams were about the only unit that you sat on the edge of your seat half-expecting something truely extraordinary (in the good way recently; in the bad way not too long ago).

Chances are, we won't get this soft of a Patriots team again.

Don't be so sure. The loss of Weis and Crennel was HUGE and they annually suffer a ton of injuries. Moreover their best players are STILL the a lot of the older guys, and they're just getting older.

Miami will be better next year. Jets will be too, cuz they'll at least have their QB situation worked out. And if they don't have Herm Edwards, that's an immediate upgrade.

Agree on Miami although the Jets will have to give up a lot to get a new QB, need a new RB, and still have major cap issues. They'll be down for a few years still.

The 2005 Bills will be remembered as The Lost Opportunity

I'm on the anti-Mularkey train, and I'm not getting off until getting off is merited.

513917[/snapback]

I never understood why they signed him to a 5 year deal. It didn't make sense to me from day 1 why they would give an unproven commodity such a long term deal. Do you really think Ralph will fire MM with 3 years left on his contract? I think your going to be on anti MM train longer than you think...unless Ralph goes for a complete house cleaning and gets rid of TD.

I never understood why they signed him to a 5 year deal. It didn't make sense to me from day 1 why they would give an unproven commodity such a long term deal. Do you really think Ralph will fire MM with 3 years left on his contract? I think your going to be on anti MM train longer than you think...unless Ralph goes for a complete house cleaning and gets rid of TD.

513929[/snapback]

Next year they can both co-ordinators. That will buy MM at least one more year.

513929[/snapback]

Ralph Wilson many not be around in 5 years and may not have felt he could afford to start over after a few years. He may have felt it was all or nothing with TD and MM so he might as well remove any distractions.

After only 6 games, I'd say that wasn't too bad.  :blink:

513935[/snapback]

I'm guessing that it is terrible considering that they went 1-5. Many coaches would encourage a bit more passing in losing situations.

(2-5 if you count KC, in which combined they didn't go over 200.)

I'll have to see on average how long it takes a rookie qb to break 200.

Chances are, we won't get this soft of a Patriots team again.

513917[/snapback]

This "soft" of a Patriots team has 5 weeks to get ready for their 1st playoff game at home against the best WC team, probably the Steelers. Then, they go into the Hoosier Dome with no pressure and nothing to lose against a team + coach with a ton of pressure on them and a lot to prove...If they get past them, do you really think Denver will stop them at Mile High? I don't.

this kinda reminds me of the beat-up 92 Bills. :blink:

Favre spent his first year getting cut by the Atlanta Falcons, spent the second year watching Chris Miller from the sidelines, and his first 5 passes were incomplete.

"Favre, after playing a scant four games as a backup with the Falcons the year before and not attempting a single pass, was making just the third in a string of consecutive starts that now numbers 206. He made his first NFL start two weeks before against the Steelers, completing 14-of-19 attempts for 210 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions in a 17-3 win. The next week, he was more impressive statistically, completing 33-of-44 passes for 276 yards, a TD and a pick, but the Packers lost at Atlanta, 24-10." He was 2-3 in his first 5 starts.

Steve Young started 5 games his first season and 14 his second (two horrible, horrible years with Tampa Bay). Young's interception rate was pretty bad, at 1 every 36 throws. Elway was even worse with 1 every 26 passes.