Lot to be positive about this game

I was just happy that on the play that was intercepted he didn't thow it for only 1 yard. At least he tried for the first.

Actually, I think JP did pretty well today and if we ever get some improvement from the OL, I think JP will be much more than just passable.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm alot more upset with our lack of running game at home than I am with JP. The only thing I'll say about JP is he needs to start finishing drives....TD's baby not field goals. Obviously it's not all his fault but a good QB makes the right decisions in the red zone and get his team a couple TD's. It would help if the BIlls could hit a long TD play or two instead of having to nickel and dime their way down the field. We always end up with 3rd and long in the red zone and JP is not ready to win that battle yet.

I am shocked no one has ripped Losman yet. He did play an okay game but he still didn't throw for over 200 yards. He did not throw a touchdown. And when it came down to it - he missed on a deep ball to Moulds that wouldve put us in position to win the game. The play after that, he throws a questionable interception. I'm a big JP fan but this was a typical JP losman like game, stats included.

Is it playcalling?

Is it our offensive lineman?

Is it the lack of a running game, again?

I'm sure it could be a combination of all that or...

Is it JP Losman? Just wondering.

513658[/snapback]

It's obvious and generally should be accepted that we won't make the playoffs this year, so fine we'll probably lose most of the rest of our games but at least he gets to do the difficult task of playing difficult defences and learning how to make the right reads.

Yeah, but he's completely right.

How many QBs do we need to run out of town before we realize that maybe, just maybe, it's not the QB?

We could say the same thing about coaches.

Games are won and lost in the trenches.  You can have the best WRs and RBs in the league, if the OL doesn't make holes and block for the QB, then it won't matter.

CW

513674[/snapback]

Bingo! I've been saying this for over a season and a half.

For those criticising JP, didn't you see him scrambling for his life out there?

Bingo! I've been saying this for over a season and a half.

For those criticising JP, didn't you see him scrambling for his life out there?

513944[/snapback]

I saw him scrambling awfully early on several plays. Still, overall, I liked his performance and look forward to seeing him build on it.

So, that's where we are at? A home loss is a positive because it was close and Losman didn't suck too bad. PATHETIC

They could have made the last 5 weeks count. They could have had a chance. They saw the out-of-town scoreboard in the 4th and it read KC 26 NE 10. They had a lead with 10 minutes left and Carolina went 80 yards and took 8 minutes off the clock and scored the winning TD. They had a huge facemask penalty that gave Carolina a first and goal at the one instead of 3rd and goal from the 4. Losman had Moulds WIDE FRICKIN OPEN to win the game and threw the ball out of bounds.

A Road Win at Miami and the NE game would have been huge. They could have proved they were not as bad as they looked in SD and still had a chance at a winning record, the division title and a home playoff game. Instead it's just YET ANOTHER wasted season and now all we have is to watch JP improve a little bit each week and wait for next year again. Today wasn't positive. Today sucked.

I am shocked no one has ripped Losman yet. He did play an okay game but he still didn't throw for over 200 yards. He did not throw a touchdown. And when it came down to it - he missed on a deep ball to Moulds that wouldve put us in position to win the game. The play after that, he throws a questionable interception. I'm a big JP fan but this was a typical JP losman like game, stats included.

Is it playcalling?

Is it our offensive lineman?

Is it the lack of a running game, again?

I'm sure it could be a combination of all that or...

Is it JP Losman? Just wondering.

513658[/snapback]

I don't think there is any way to look at JP and say he's not progressing...Of coarse he was pretty brutal early on...But no doubt he's getting better...JP made some Plays today, only not quite enough to carry a Team on his back. Which I'm pretty sure was not the Plan from the get-go anyway...What I saw today was an Offense that moved the Ball well when they could Run just a little an stay out of 3rd and Long situations. I also saw a Team that is simply not capable of sustaining any consistant effort on the Offensive Line...The Pressure today led to mistakes, Sacks, etc...And until the Bills get better along the O-Line, Pass Blocking and Run Blocking, there is really no telling how good JP can be...

That being said does JP have room for improvement? Definitely, but who does not on this Roster? I certainly would not lose any sleep over JP...now the Offensive and Defensive Lines... That's an entirely different story...:blink:

Losman continues to improve, IMO. He seemed much more confident and patient about there. That being said, the Defense is stilla bysmal and came up small when it really mattered.

Kudos to you JP for weathering the storm and continuing to grow. I feel good about our future at QB.

513646[/snapback]

Agreed. JP is looking better. His last throw of the day was horrible, but he's still learning and improving. I thought Tim Anderson played well today. Also Eric Moulds continues to have good games.

So, that's where we are at? A home loss is a positive because it was close and Losman didn't suck too bad. PATHETIC

They could have made the last 5 weeks count. They could have had a chance. They saw the out-of-town scoreboard in the 4th and it read KC 26 NE 10. They had a lead with 10 minutes left and Carolina went 80 yards and took 8 minutes off the clock and scored the winning TD. They had a huge facemask penalty that gave Carolina a first and goal at the one instead of 3rd and goal from the 4. Losman had Moulds WIDE FRICKIN OPEN to win the game and threw the ball out of bounds.

A Road Win at Miami and the NE game would have been huge. They could have proved they were not as bad as they looked in SD and still had a chance at a winning record, the division title and a home playoff game. Instead it's just YET ANOTHER wasted season and now all we have is to watch JP improve a little bit each week and wait for next year again. Today wasn't positive. Today sucked.

514100[/snapback]

Granted, losing is for losers...But this is not a good Team, the Roster has massive holes along both the Offensive and Defensive Lines...The Bills best Player on Defense is out for the Year, Sam Adams who was a Pro-Bowl DT just last Season is not playing, and the Starting QB does not even have a half Season of NFL Starts...To expect much more than the occasional Win with this Team is simply unrealistic. They are what they are...And once again...They simply do not have enough Talent on the O or D-Lines... And keeping the slimmest hopes of some possible Play Off scenerio alive seems like a cruel form of mental torture to me...

But maybe that's just me... :blink:

Yeah, but he's completely right.

How many QBs do we need to run out of town before we realize that maybe, just maybe, it's not the QB?

We could say the same thing about coaches.

Games are won and lost in the trenches.  You can have the best WRs and RBs in the league, if the OL doesn't make holes and block for the QB, then it won't matter.

CW

513674[/snapback]

Well...I'll give that thought an Amen...Actually, after watching this Game today I felt without a doubt if the Bills can simply improve on the Offensive and Defensive Lines they will be alright. I dont know about Championship Contenders, but no doubt they could be in the Play-Off mix...Anyway...

I wish it was that easy though...I just have a hard time believing the Job will get done because if we are talking about the Offensive Line, how long has it been a problem now? No doubt they have to get better...For how many Years now??? :blink:

I'm positive we're 4-7.

I do see some rays of light in many younger players. Dumping a bunch of overpaid, 30 something players past their prime would be a good start ( along with Mike Williams ).

I had the binocs on Wilsons booth yesterday. He looked pretty pissed.

I do see some rays of light in many younger players. Dumping a bunch of overpaid, 30 something players past their prime would be a good start ( along with Mike Williams ).

514158[/snapback]

This is what I'm getting at. Time to cut the cord with the older vets on this team. All of them.

I agree. My original post was misleading. I didn't mean to put all of the blame on JP (some people took it that way). He played good. The offensive line gave him hardly any time (except on the roll outs, he had a ton of time, wish we'd do more of that) and Willis McGahee couldn't do anything today (once again, offensive line). I guess my expectations were a bit high for him to finish off that game.

513746[/snapback]

Don't take it too bad. I told everyone here that jp did a good job against KC, but there would still be some rough days ahead. To me, he's young, but showing impovement and potential. Personally, I thought yesterday was his best game as a pro. He threw some darts.

As most agree our lines are awful. When was the last time you saw a bills play, nevermind a full game, when you said man our QB has all day to thow that ball. JP should get one or two plays a game where the protection is outstanding and he gets time to wait for coverage to break down. It never happens. Even late in games when d's slow down and tire, they can get in jps face with a four man front.

Don't take it too bad.  I told everyone here that jp did a good job against KC, but there would still be some rough days ahead. To me, he's young, but showing impovement and potential. Personally, I thought yesterday was his best game as a pro.  He threw some darts.

As most agree our lines are awful.  When was the last time you saw a bills play, nevermind a full game, when you said man our QB has all day to thow that ball. JP should get one or two plays a game where the protection is outstanding and he gets time to wait for coverage to break down. It never happens. Even late in games when d's slow down and tire, they can get in jps face with a four man front.

514170[/snapback]

One of my BBI friends asks the question how other teams always seem to be able to have someone wide open and the Bills never do. I explained to them when your QB has all of 1.5 seconds to throw the ball, NO WR is going to be open.

Well, some of us never bought into the Kelly Holcomb nonsense. Now that eh doesn't even know his own name, I think his days as a starter are done.

514178[/snapback]

I'm sorry to say that you may be right. Kelly Holcomb's a decent individual, but he's starting to suffer from Brian Sipe Syndrome...too many concussions. I've never been real impressed with his playmaking ability anyway.

Mike

i like what i saw in JP both on the field and his post game comments.

i wasn't in the huddle, but it just looked like he had more command of the huddle and is gaining respect of his teammates. Not to mention the he was in there throwing a nice block for McGahee on one particular play that broke down.