Buffalo Evening News Editions

stuckincincy

This thread got me thinking Stuck (Yes, I said thinking! :blink: ) We were always a Courier-Express family growing about until they ceased and Buffalo became a one-paper cesspool.

I was searching for the editions of the BEN and came up with this one. Did you ever hear of the Emergency Edition? Not really true. Funny though:

Emergency Edition, Friday, July 20, 1956

For all you Cold-War, goldy oldies out there!

:doh:

This thread got me thinking Stuck (Yes, I said thinking! :blink: )  We were always a Courier-Express family growing about until they ceased and Buffalo became a one-paper cesspool.

I was searching for the editions of the BEN and came up with this one.  Did you ever hear of the Emergency Edition?  Not really true.  Funny though:

Emergency Edition, Friday, July 20, 1956

For all you Cold-War, goldy oldies out there!

:doh:

513120[/snapback]

Geez, no wonder all the kids of my generation are on antidepressants. From years of hearing air raid sirens and hiding under our school desks.

Geez, no wonder all the kids of my generation are on antidepressants. From years of hearing air raid sirens and hiding under our school desks.

513249[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

I was born in '68... I only caught the very tale end. I think it was 1973 when I started kindergarten, that was the only year we had to do air-raid drills (under desks and out in the halls with elbows to the walls [and no, the elbow drill wasn't a flashback to my teen years! :D ]). The funny thing is that I still remember a teacher saying what they were for... The response was "To be prepared in case the communists bomb us." Come on! This was the tale end of Vietnam... :(

God, the good ole days... How fun they were to fug people up!

:D