OT - That is a lot of legos

EZC-Boston

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/25/lego.theft.ap/index.html

But I thought even more interesting was the last sentence:

"Children across the world spend 5 billion hours every year playing with Lego bricks, available in 90 different colors, according to the company's Web site."

That's a lot of time. I loved Legos they were the best.

The Mega Blok sets are much cheaper and contain more "pure" building pieces than the modern Lego "system"... Yet, the quality is a noticable drop off. We joke in our family (my 7 year son lives for Lego/Mega Blok) that "Mega Bloks is raw"... They literally make your hands raw when you gotta put some pieces together!

They are a quality toy for money spent... The hours spent with them in quality playtime blows all other toys away. Quality of play (and time spent giving parents peace... :lol::lol: ) IS ALL THAT MATTERS! Independent thought and play is emmense with this toy.

The universal set I had growing up in the 1970's is still in service today... Not to mention the thousands and thousands of pieces that my son and family inherited and purchased throughout the years!

The only drawback I have noticed through the years is Lego corp's weakness when it comes to motors and electrical connectors... This weakness goes wayback, I noticed, since the beginning.

But, the Danes make up for that in their building system and basic design 500 fold!