Next years available free agents

Stl Bills

Guard Steve Hutchinson. Probably the 2nd best guard in the league next to Alan Faneca. plus I think Duke Preston will be able to handle the center spot. If Not Hutchinson then yes LeCharles Bentley and let Preston man the lg spot, but I'd prefer Hutchinson and let Preston play c next season.

De John Abraham- I know "character issues" so what he's worlds better then Chris Kelsay and we desperatly need dline help, more so at dt then de.but it's hard to say no to a top flight pass rusher, and they don't get much better then a healthy John Abraham. We also need to get people on our dline who we can create pressure with from just our front 4.

De- Another option at de is Raheem Brock. Not much of a pass rusher, but I think he's stouter at the point of attack then Kelsay, Better holding up against the run.

DT- Grady Jackson- Especially if we don't draft a dt. Guys a mammoth space clogger.

Joe Jurevicious- might be a worth a look if we let Moulds go, will be cheaper then a Reggie Wayne, but can be the posession receiver we need, that won't be too expensive where we won't be able to improve the oline and dline.

Any combination of these players plus draft choices to fill the other areas would suffice.

Guard Steve Hutchinson.  Probably the 2nd best guard in the league next to Alan Faneca. plus I think Duke Preston will be able to handle the center spot.  If Not Hutchinson then yes LeCharles Bentley and let Preston man the lg spot, but I'd prefer Hutchinson and let Preston play c next season.

512247[/snapback]

FWIW, Seattle is working on a long term contract with Alexander, and even if that doesnt get done, they agreed not to franchise him. Word on the street is that they are going to franchise hutch.

Hutch and Bentley on either side of Preston would be great!

Pick up Grady Jackson and now we have done some serious work on both lines!

These would be the only 3 FA we would need to acquire (cap wise too).

These pickups alone will make JP, EM, and WM better.

Hutch and Bentley on either side of Preston would be great!

Pick up Grady Jackson and now we have done some serious work on both lines!

These would be the only 3 FA we would need to acquire (cap wise too).

These pickups alone will make JP, EM, and WM better.

512310[/snapback]

and what about the other 30 teams that would be vying for their services?

512324[/snapback]

Other teams don't enter into the picture. If Buffalo doesn't sign these guys, overpaying if necessary, Bills bad!

Wasn't Grady Jackson called a big tub of goo a couple years ago when we were interested in him? Why is he better two years later (and older, and probably slower)?

512324[/snapback]

That's exactly it.....People hack all over TD when things don't go as planned, but I'll bet those very same people would turn around and tell you that they feel confident in TDs ability to bring in guys like Spikes, Adams, Milloy, Vincent, etc as FA during the offseason. :lol:

The free agents TD didn't sign have been pretty good moves. Specifically, Peerless Price and Jonas Jennings come to mind as players who did well in Buffalo but didn't warrant the type of money other teams wanted to pay them. Peerless could have been a big loss, as Moulds was hurt the next season and Josh Reed did not play well as a #2. But PP is definitely not a #1, and that's the money he was offered by Atlanta. TD franchised him and worked a 1st rounder out of the deal. Pat Williams would have been nice to keep (he was always a personal favorite of mine) but it didn't make sense, at his age, to pay him the money the Vikings offered. TD did overestimate the talent of Ron Edwards and Tim Anderson. Letting Winfield walk looks like a good move too, as he makes some serious bank in Minnesota. McGee is more of a playmaker at a cheaper price. Resigning McGee was an excellent move, as I anticipate Clements walking also.

Other teams don't enter into the picture.  If Buffalo doesn't sign these guys, overpaying if necessary, Bills bad!

Wasn't Grady Jackson called a big tub of goo a couple years ago when we were interested in him?  Why is he better two years later (and older, and probably slower)?

512326[/snapback]

Jackson is doing absolutely nothing up here in Wisconsin. he does not need to be signed.

512324[/snapback]

There is no need to cloud the issue with facts here. :blink:

My point is that our whole focus when it comes to FA and the draft is that we had better fix the trenches or we will never be any better than we are now...