Asking for prayers

Like A Mofo

First off want to wish all the wallers here a very Happy and safe Thanksgiving weekend, I am thankful for many things, and one thing is the people I have met from this board, and really looking forward to seeing you all again sometime soon!

I have a heavy heart right now...my Mom is starting her chemo treatments since she had surgery for colon cancer...my wife had gall bladder surgery recently (doing good now though) and my grandfather, who is really like Dad #1a to me (lived with him for years)...broke his hip in 4 places, then while in the hospital an ulcer exploded in his stomach, leaving a hole the size of a quarter in his stomach, he has emergency surgery to patch it up, but infections have spread. Visited him today for Thanksgiving, he hasnt been awake in 5 days, he is on a respirator, and I thought I was prepared for this but boy I wasnt prepared for what I was going to see...and at the Thanksgiving dinner table, my granfdfather is always at the head of the table, today that seat was vacant...and he always says grace, but that was my job today...was tough to do but was also an honor to do for my grandfather.

Just also a thought to everyone here: treasure every moment you have with family, and always treasure your health and never, EVER take that for granted.

First off want to wish all the wallers here a very Happy and safe Thanksgiving weekend, I am thankful for many things, and one thing is the people I have met from this board, and really looking forward to seeing you all again sometime soon!

I have a heavy heart right now...my Mom is starting her chemo treatments since she had surgery for colon cancer...my wife had gall bladder surgery recently (doing good now though) and my grandfather, who is really like Dad #1a to me (lived with him for years)...broke his hip in 4 places, then while in the hospital an ulcer exploded in his stomach, leaving a hole the size of a quarter in his stomach, he has emergency surgery to patch it up, but infections have spread.  Visited him today for Thanksgiving, he hasnt been awake in 5 days, he is on a respirator, and I thought I was prepared for this but boy I wasnt prepared for what I was going to see...and at the Thanksgiving dinner table, my granfdfather is always at the head of the table, today that seat was vacant...and he always says grace, but that was my job today...was tough to do but was also an honor to do for my grandfather.

Just also a thought to everyone here:  treasure every moment you have with family, and always treasure your health and never, EVER take that for granted.

512199[/snapback]

I feel for you, brother....I'm going through basically the same thing on my end. I'll definitely keep you and your family in my prayers. Be well.

I hope everything works out and grandpa is back saying grace at next year's Thanksgiving dinner. While it sounds like he is in a tough spot, at least he was already in the hospital when he had the stomach problems. Hopefully the immediate treatment makes the difference.

Stay strong, your family needs you...Best wishes. :blink:

Just also a thought to everyone here:  treasure every moment you have with family, and always treasure your health and never, EVER take that for granted.

512199[/snapback]

Sometimes the hardest thing is to live in the "now" and not take things for granted. My prayers are with you and your family.

I have a heavy heart right now...my Mom is starting her chemo treatments since she had surgery for colon cancer...my wife had gall bladder surgery recently (doing good now though) and my grandfather, who is really like Dad #1a to me (lived with him for years)...broke his hip in 4 places, then while in the hospital an ulcer exploded in his stomach, leaving a hole the size of a quarter in his stomach, he has emergency surgery to patch it up, but infections have spread.  Visited him today for Thanksgiving, he hasnt been awake in 5 days, he is on a respirator, and I thought I was prepared for this but boy I wasnt prepared for what I was going to see...and at the Thanksgiving dinner table, my granfdfather is always at the head of the table, today that seat was vacant...and he always says grace, but that was my job today...was tough to do but was also an honor to do for my grandfather.

512199[/snapback]

You need prayers? You got 'em. I hope it all works out well for you and your family.

• 2 weeks later...

To give you an update:

Today I lost my grandfather passed away at the age of 76. The doctors told our family this morning he was terminal, so he was taken off the respirator today and all of my family was there to see him take his rest. It was time for him to take his rest.

It has been a veyr difficult weekend to say the least but I wanted to thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers, may God be with all of you.

To give you an update:

Today I lost my grandfather passed away at the age of 76. The doctors told our family this morning he was terminal, so he was taken off the respirator today and all of my family was there to see him take his rest. It was time for him to take his rest.

It has been a veyr difficult weekend to say the least but I wanted to thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers, may God be with all of you.

519987[/snapback]

I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. My prayers are with you and your family.

Mike

Having a loved one die is never easy, even when it is "expected" because of illness. I pray for strength for you and your family.

To give you an update:

519987[/snapback]

To give you an update:

519987[/snapback]

I'm so very sorry. God be with him.