BILLS playing on Thanksgiving Day 2006

Since the rules state that the LIONS & COWBOYS have to alternate it every OTHER year as to whether they play an NFC or AFC team

on Thanksgiving it's going to be either the BILLS or DOLPHINS who play at Detroit on this day next year ...

Buffalo & Miami are the LION's 2 AFC Home opponents next year ...

Dallas has the AFC this year with the BRONCOS, and the LIONS have the NFC with the FALCONS

:blink:

Since the rules state that the LIONS & COWBOYS have to alternate it every OTHER year as to whether they play an NFC or AFC team

on Thanksgiving it's going to be either the BILLS or DOLPHINS who play at Detroit on this day next year ...

Dallas has the AFC this year with the BRONCOS, and the LIONS have the NFC with the FALCONS

512026[/snapback]

Let's see....Miami, sexy team, big-name coach vs. Buffalo...bad team, team no one wants to watch...guess who's playing next Thanksgiving.

PTR

Let's see....Miami, sexy team, big-name coach vs. Buffalo...bad team, team no one wants to watch...guess who's playing next Thanksgiving.

512050[/snapback]

Yeah, at least there's a chance of seeing a good outcome.

Miami's chances of losing > Buffalo's chances of winning.

512026[/snapback]

It would be sweet if we play our game against the Lions next year on Thanksgiving. I'm going to the game regardless, but I got a chance to go to the Thanksgiving game during the Kelly era, and while we lost it still was a great experience. Plus for once we might actually have a chance at winning a nationally televised game. With our luck they probably give it to Miami.

It would be sweet if we play our game against the Lions next year on Thanksgiving. I'm going to the game regardless, but I got a chance to go to the Thanksgiving game during the Kelly era, and while we lost it still was a great experience. Plus for once we might actually have a chance at winning a nationally televised game. With our luck they probably give it to Miami.

512207[/snapback]

Didn't we lose to scott mitchell??? and didn't herman moore score on a big pass off a flea-flicker? really doesn't add anything to the discussion just trying to see if i remember that game correctly...cuz i know we beat detroit a few years after that game when antwan smith had a huge game.

Didn't we lose to scott mitchell??? and didn't herman moore score on a big pass off a flea-flicker? really doesn't add anything to the discussion just trying to see if i remember that game correctly...cuz i know we beat detroit a few years after that game when antwan smith had a huge game.

512246[/snapback]

Yes and Yes :blink:

512246[/snapback]

Yep, that was the game. My first thought was oh the Lions got the throwbacks on, then oh sheet Flea Flicker. It was funny because I was only 12, yet the surrounding Lions fans talked crap like I was a 25 year old drinking bourbon. Must have been the incredibly pimp Bills starter jacket I owned at the time. Despite the loss Jimbo had a rare 10+ yard TD scramble, and Pete Metzalars hauled in a long TD pass. I would love to do it next year.

512246[/snapback]

A lot of his big yards came on one of the last plays of the game on a counter play that had Rueben Brown lead blocking.

I heard Madden on the Don and Mike Show yesterday and he said there will be a third Thanksgiving game starting next year.

512204[/snapback]

that would be cool. I for one didnt get to really watch the afternoon games as mush as Id like. You have dinner or your traveling to relatives etc. To have a third game on at 8 would be awesome.

Yep, that was the game. My first thought was oh the Lions got the throwbacks on, then oh sheet Flea Flicker. It was funny because I was only 12, yet the surrounding Lions fans talked crap like I was a 25 year old drinking bourbon. Must have been the incredibly pimp Bills starter jacket I owned at the time.  Despite the loss Jimbo had a rare 10+ yard TD scramble, and Pete Metzalars hauled in a long TD pass. I would love to do it next year.

512253[/snapback]

I remember that game. Was at a girlfriend's sister's house in Palm Springs for Thanksgiving so I could meet her family for the first time. I'm fairly certain the flea flicker happened on their first drive. I had something of a temper back then.

We broke up not long after that.

I can't think of a less appealing matchup for the general public than Buffalo at Detroit. The Bills are a very below average road team and let's face it, they are not entertaining to watch. I believe Buf is last in the NFL in yds per game (offense). Detroit is just abysmal. Next year could be different but it probably won't be dramatic enough to make these two teams a "must watch" game. Miami is not much better but they have more of a National appeal for some reason?!?

:lol:

512026[/snapback]

Hope not. Since I`d hate to spewe my dinner and ruin the day,with another game ending choke :(

Hope not. Since I`d hate to spewe my dinner and ruin the day,with another game ending choke :(

513702[/snapback]

I don't want to see this ever. I find it hard to eat anything on gameday.

But recently I find it hard to keep anything down :lol: