CB Kevin Thomas

DT Ron Edwards

QB Shane Matthews

Who do you try to keep?

WR Sam Aiken (RFA)

LB Mario Haggan (RFA)

LB Angelo Crowell (RFA)

LB Josh Stamer (RFA)

***I'd keep all the above RFAs, they won't be too expensive and all of them can contribute***

CB Nate Clements -- if the money is OK, ow tag and trade (2nd or late 1st?)

DE Ryan Denney (he shouldnt' be expensive, so yeah if he ain't too costly)

DT Justin Bannan (gone)

C Trey Teague (gone)

LS Mike Schneck (who?)

CB Kevin Thomas (might keep if we need him for dime or nickle, cheap)

DT Ron Edwards (should sign cuz we need DTs, he should be cheap)

QB Shane Matthews (whatever, min cap hit so keep him)

the good thing about having lots of crappy players is that you have a replacement for when another crappy player leaves!!

go TD!

WR Sam Aiken (RFA)

LB Mario Haggan (RFA)

LB Angelo Crowell (RFA)

LB Josh Stamer (RFA)

***I'd keep all the above RFAs, they won't be too expensive and all of them can contribute***

CB Nate Clements  -- if the money is OK, ow tag and trade (2nd or late 1st?)

DE Ryan Denney (he shouldnt' be expensive, so yeah if he ain't too costly)

DT Justin Bannan (gone)

C Trey Teague (gone)

LS Mike Schneck (who?)

CB Kevin Thomas (might keep if we need him for dime or nickle, cheap)

DT Ron Edwards (should sign cuz we need DTs, he should be cheap)

QB Shane Matthews (whatever, min cap hit so keep him)

the good thing about having lots of crappy players is that you have a replacement for when another crappy player leaves!!

go TD!

511815[/snapback]

Umm, you keep Schneck because he's obviously doing something right snapping to Lindell.

Who? Are you paying attention?

As for Aiken, I'm pretty sure there's another receiver out there who can "contribute" more than him. He's a marginal ST player with average hands and nothing for speed. Time to let him go. We probably should have kept Haddad instead of him. At least that guy has a nose for the ball. Anybody know whether we let George Wilson go/sent to practice squad once Parrish made it back on the roster?

2006 Buffalo Free Agents (from pft)

WR Sam Aiken (RFA) - keep unless clearly have another option

LB Mario Haggan (RFA)- keep

LB Angelo Crowell (RFA) - keep (may start for Posey)

LB Josh Stamer (RFA) - keep

CB Nate Clements - gone - Winfield clone.

DE Ryan Denney - keep. Won't be expensive

DT Justin Bannan - keep.

C Trey Teague - gone- Preston ready to start

LS Mike Schneck - keep

CB Kevin Thomas - keep if healthy and ready to play

DT Ron Edwards - keep if cheap.

QB Shane Matthews - keep. Low cost third QB but probably will retire.

I can see it now...when Teague is gone after this season and Preston proves he needs maybe another year before he's ready, people will be calling for TD's head for letting Teague go just like he let Phat Pat go...

I can see it now...when Teague is gone after this season and Preston proves he needs maybe another year before he's ready, people will be calling for TD's head for letting Teague go just like he let Phat Pat go...

511868[/snapback]

Not me, I think the kid has game.

It would be interesting to see if the coaches don't screw things up by playing him at guard.

The guy should play at center.

Hopefully they bench Teague to give the Duke some playing time this year.

Umm, you keep Schneck because he's obviously doing something right snapping to Lindell.

Who?  Are you paying attention?

As for Aiken, I'm pretty sure there's another receiver out there who can "contribute" more than him.  He's a marginal ST player with average hands and nothing for speed.  Time to let him go.  We probably should have kept Haddad instead of him.  At least that guy has a nose for the ball.  Anybody know whether we let George Wilson go/sent to practice squad once Parrish made it back on the roster?

511817[/snapback]

relax.

is he your husband or something? did you buy a long snapper jersey to be unique?

i'm sure we'll be able to sign him or find a new long snapper

As always, keep the RFAs. All four are pretty good ST players and Crowell is proving he can be a solid starting player as well. If I were GM, I'd consider locking Crowell up for 3 or 4 years right now.

If he'll sign for about what McGee did, I'd keep Nate Clements. Otherwise, as others have suggested, use the franchise tag and try to trade him. I think they can get a first round pick for a 25 year old CB who, with his faults, has proven far more in the NFL than any rookie.

Ryan Denney has proven himself to be a solid backup DE and if he'll sign for near the veteran minimum, I'd keep him. Much more than that, and he's expendable.

Ron Edwards is a decent player who cannot stay healthy. Kevin Thomas is a decent 3rd CB coming off major injury. If they'll sign for the minimum, bring them back, otherwise don't. The rest aren't worth signing.

One guy you left off the list: Josh Reed. Reed is also a FA after the season. I would not resign him, either.

511868[/snapback]

You may be right, but that's not so much an indictment of the fans as it is management and coaching. Contrary to popular belief, some teams actually have ROOKIES who step in and play at a high level. The way things are in the NFL now, you have to get some legitimate play out of your young players if you want to win. The only Bills rookie since 2002 who has become a starter as a rookie and provided better play than the player he has succeeded is Lee Evans. That's 4 seasons.

WR Sam Aiken (RFA)- keep, well worth what we'll pay him

LB Mario Haggan (RFA)- keep- good special teamer, wont command high price

LB Angelo Crowell (RFA)- DEFINITELY krrp- he'll start

LB Josh Stamer (RFA)- keep, good special teamer

CB Nate Clements- franchise, and trade

DE Ryan Denney- keep if you dont overpay

DT Justin Bannan- keep if you dont overpay

C Trey Teague- bye bye

LS Mike Schneck- keep

CB Kevin Thomas- keep at low price

DT Ron Edwards- keep

QB Shane Matthews- keep