Who do you not want on this team next year?

Stl Bills

I think we need to gut the entire organization so...

Peace Out to these people....

1. Tom Donahoe- Don't let the door hit you on the way out. My opinion of TD sure has changed since the Peerless trade and after he ganked Takeo from Cinci. Should have signed Marvin Lewis and I won't even mention the drafts.

2. Mike Williams- fat pos.. nuf said. I went to University of Missouri and I watched Mike dominate in college but this isn't college and he doesn't possess the mental toughness to be a dominant player at this level.

3. Jeff Posey- sometimes I forget he's on the team. Crowell can play the strongside and after a little playing time will probably produce a lot more than the ol' 96er.

4. Josh Reed- catch the ball CHOAD! Once again this isn't college. Peace out.

5. Bennie Anderson- too many penalties but at least MW isn't playing guard. At least Bennie knows what a Stunt is and has the self awareness not to fall on our quarterback's head after he gets him sacked. Anyway he is still very below average.

6. Mike Gandy- not a starter in the NFL

7. Eric Moulds- this is hard to say for me. I don't think Eric is done in the NFL and he is one of my all time favorite bills. If he is going to stay he is going to have to take a MAJOR paycut. I almost hope for his sake he goes and plays with a decent QB in a decent offense before his career is over.

8. Tim Anderson- Anderson is my least favorite Bill. Review the film. On about 80% of all run plays Timmy ends up ten yards down field and no where near the backfield. He has decent pass rush skills for a DT but overall I still think he is terrible. IMHO he makes the whole D-line much much worse. Sape and Bannan are also inadequate. I was actually pleased with the way Jefferson played on the few snaps he was in the game.

I don't know how I feel about these Bills:

1. NC-coming into this year he was probably my favorite Bill. Now it's T-mcgee. Highest paid CB in the league? You are not even playing like a top ten CB in this league. Hopefully (who am I kidding) this has been a humbling year for Nate. I still think Nate is damn good and may be the victim of one of the crappiest pass rushes in football (at least on the road), although the SD game still makes me want to puke. I say we franchise him and give him one more year to rebound, Prior to this year I've seen him make too many plays just to let him walk.

2. Troy Vincent- don't look over your shoulder but when given the opportuntiy all Rashad Baker has done is make plays. Not to mention he is much more athletic and has the same amount of experience at the position. He is also much cheaper. Vincent has played well at times but not as of late. I personally would like to see Rashad starting next year.

3. Kelsey- I think Kelsey is average at best but might be the victim of playing next to Tim Anderson all year. I'd like to draft an impact DE or get someone in FA. Kelsey can compete with Denney for a back up spot.

4. Sam Adams- I think Sam is our best D-lineman but there definetley seems to be a Riff between him and the coaching staff. From what I've seen if Sam is healthy he should be on the field every snap regardless of how tired he is. The rest of our DT's suck that bad. I hope they can work it out but big Sam seems like one of those guys who once you piss him off he doesn't easily forgive you. I think he went from excited to play here to down right frustrated. Just my opinion though.

Hell, these are the only Bills on defense who seem to give 100% on every play- Schobel, Crowell, Fletch, Mcgee (Takeo gave 300% when he played).

I know it sounds drastic but I am overly frustrated with this team. With the people we have on the roster right now and with the history of the front office I have little hope for next year unless serious changes are made.

What do you all think... who should be gone and who should stay...why?

Donahoe

T. Clements

M. Williams

B. Anderson

Teague

Reed

Posey

Vincent

Wire

Moulds if he doesn't take a pay cut

N. Clements if he wants a huge contract (hopefully we can franchise him and get at least a 2nd)

Matthews should be gone too if there are any decent 2nd day QBs available. Holcomb isn't a long term solution at backup and I'm still not sold on Losman

Donahoe

T. Clements

M. Williams

B. Anderson

Teague

Reed

Posey

Vincent

Wire

Moulds if he doesn't take a pay cut

N. Clements if he wants a huge contract (hopefully we can franchise him and get at least a 2nd)

Matthews should be gone too if there are any decent 2nd day QBs available.  Holcomb isn't a long term solution at backup and I'm still not sold on Losman

511658[/snapback]

Thats my list but I also throw Adams in

You failed to say who would be brought in to replace all these people. I think we'd be very thin at a lot of positions if this was not acounted for
You're right, I'm not sure who will be available or what our cap numbers would be which makes a big difference. I was more or less just pointing out specific individuals who I can't stand to watch play anymore

PEOPLE I'D GET RID OF WITH REPLACEMENTS IN MIND

OFFENSE

WR-Moulds- makes getting a wr a priority. Parrish has to show a lot in the next 6 weeks before I'm remotly comfortable with this idea, but if it helps us improve the lines so be it. I wouldn't mind Reggie Wayne, but again that takes money away from improving the lines on BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL.

WR Josh Reed- Whatever happened to the award winner from college. Where's that wr. I had serious hope for you. So Long Josh better luck elsewhere...

Getting rid of 2 wr's makes wr once again a definite need. I'll have to look over the 2006 free agent list which I don't have on this computer. Or drafting another wr again. I wouldn't make it a 1st or 2nd rd pick though. Maybe with one of our 3rd rd picks.

LG-Bennie Anderson- buh bye. FAT Slob. I'd make a strong push for Hutchinson instant big time upgrade

LT- I'd keep Mike Gandy. He's good enough to big a backup tackle and guard. Maybe even move him to rg for the aging chris villarial. DRAFT LT in 2nd rd

RT- Mike Williams- I had hope for this guy cause I believe he has talent, but seems to lack nastiness, just plays like he's content. I don't know the guy personaly so I won't say he's unmotivated but it does seem that way. Probably as good as gone, and thats why peters is getitng play now. Bye Mike and I hope you land on your feet elsewhere.

C- Trey Teague It seems like Preston will be the guy to replace teague, and I have no beef with this. So long trey. I think you got a hard rap here cause I believe you've been our most consistent olinemen.

If we can land someone like Marcus McNeil in the 2nd rd and Hutchinson in free agency. Mcneil/Hutchinson/Preston/Villarrial/Peters. I could defenitly live with that oline. Regardless it takes time for an oline to gel, but I'd like the makings of this group a lot.

Defense-

DE- Chris Kelsay- Don't really have a big beef here with Kelsay even though I'm not a fan of his, I'm giving him a pass due to dt being a bigger need. However if we can afford to get someone better on that side. then by all means do so.

DT- first off I don't like the idea of getting rid of Sam Adams. A Healthy Adams with a complimentary run stuffer next to him can still play at a high level. We'd be putting ourselves in the same situation getting rid of Adams that we did this season getting rid of Williams. I'd keep Adams and say goodbye to Sape/Bannan re-sign Ron Edwards. He's a quality role player type at least better then the other 2. Due to injury he suffered this year I have a good feeling he'll come pretty cheap. Drafting is a much. I'd prefer Gabe Watson cause I'm a bigger fan of the run stuffing dt's. I could just as easily live with Rodrigue Wright or Ngata.

LB- Jeff Posey- Meet your replacement Angelo Crowell. Maybe shift Spikes over to the strong side and let Angelo stay at the weakside spot. Spikes is a better cover backer then Crowell.

FS- Troy Vincent- Meet your replacement Rashad Baker. I like his style better. He brings a physical element to the game, and can make plays as well, just lacks vincents experience. Who cares at this point I'd rather have Baker.

SS- Lawyer Milloy- I'd like to keep him one more year while we draft and groom his replacement, unless we can get someone better then Coy Wire in free agency, cause I never wanna see Wire start for this team again.

EXTRAS

I'm giving a pass to Mark Campbell, who wile I'm not fond of due to his lack of speed, will make a nice complimentary te. I was high on Kevin Everett before the draft, and I think he'll give us the type of fast athletic te you need in todays nfl. This offense could use some more speed. We just seem to slow on that side of the ball and I think it's a big problem why we're not very good on offense.

Nate Clements- Be careful what some of you wish for. Rag on Nate all you want you'll be pretty sorry when we do lose him and become the worst defense in the nfl. Terrence Mcgee is not better then Nate, and Eric King and Jabari Greer are not starting caliber corners. We have much bigger needs. Franchise him, and unless you get a first while he's franchised try to work out a contract.

I think we need to gut the entire organization so...

Peace Out to these people....

1.  Tom Donahoe- Don't let the door hit you on the way out.  My opinion of TD sure has changed since the Peerless trade and after he ganked Takeo from Cinci.  Should have signed Marvin Lewis and I won't even mention the drafts.

2.  Mike Williams- fat pos.. nuf said.  I go to University of Missouri and I watched Mike dominate in college but this isn't college and he doesn't possess the mental toughness to be a dominant player at this level. 

3.  Jeff Posey- sometimes I forget he's on the team.  Crowell can play the strongside and after a little playing time will probably produce a lot more than the ol' 96er.

4. Josh Reed- catch the ball CHOAD! Once again this isn't college. Peace out.

5. Bennie Anderson- too many penalties but at least MW isn't playing guard.  At least Bennie knows what a Stunt is and has the self awareness not to fall on our quarterback's head after he gets him sacked.  Anyway he is still very below average.

6. Mike Gandy- not a starter in the NFL

7. Eric Moulds-  this is hard to say for me.  I don't think Eric is done in the NFL and he is one of my all time favorite bills.  If he is going to stay he is going to have to take a MAJOR paycut.  I almost hope for his sake he goes and plays with a decent QB in a decent offense before his career is over.

8.  Tim Anderson-  Anderson is my least favorite Bill.  Review the film.  On about 80% of all run plays Timmy ends up ten yards down field and no where near the backfield.  He has decent pass rush skills for a DT but overall I still think he is terrible. IMHO he makes the whole D-line much much worse.  Sape and Bannan are also inadequate.  I was actually pleased with the way Jefferson played on the few snaps he was in the game.

I don't know how I feel about these Bills:

1. NC-coming into this year he was probably my favorite Bill.  Now it's T-mcgee. Highest paid CB in the league?  You are not even playing like a top ten CB in this league.  Hopefully (who am I kidding) this has been a humbling year for Nate.  I still think Nate is damn good and may be the victim of one of the crappiest pass rushes in football (at least on the road), although the SD game still makes me want to puke.  I say we franchise him and give him one more year to rebound, Prior to this year I've seen him make too many plays just to let him walk.

2.  Troy Vincent- don't look over your shoulder but when given the opportuntiy all Rashad Baker has done is make plays.  Not to mention he is much more athletic and has the same amount of experience at the position.  He is also much cheaper.  Vincent has played well at times but not as of late.  I personally would like to see Rashad starting next year.

3.  Kelsey- I think Kelsey is average at best but might be the victim of playing next to Tim Anderson all year.  I'd like to draft an impact DE or get someone in FA.  Kelsey can compete with Denney for a back up spot. 

4.  Sam Adams- I think Sam is our best D-lineman but there definetley seems to be a Riff between him and the coaching staff.  From what I've seen if Sam is healthy he should be on the field every snap regardless of how tired he is. The rest of our DT's suck that bad.  I hope they can work it out but big Sam seems like one of those guys who once you piss him off he doesn't easily forgive you.  I think he went from excited to play here to down right frustrated.  Just my opinion though.

Hell, these are the only Bills on defense who seem to give 100% on every play- Schobel, Crowell, Fletch, Mcgee (Takeo gave 300% when he played).

I know it sounds drastic but I am overly frustrated with this team.  With the people we have on the roster right now and with the history of the front office I have little hope for next year unless serious changes are made.

What do you all think... who should be gone and who should stay...why?

511629[/snapback]

You bring up some valid points, I am sure a lot of these guys would be gone if this was Madden football, where you could remove the salary cap limitation and just sign anyone to replace them...I also find it curious that you signal out London Fletcher as one of the 100% guys (and I am positive some here would take exception to the Schoebel nod as well, but not me). It may be true that Fletch gives his 100%, but I am afraid that age is catching up with him, and his performaces are pretty erratic. He looks really good some weeks, and dreadful other weeks. I am all in favor of keeping him (good team guy, usually plays smart), but they should seriously consider of rotating him with a younger guy...I am 40....some days I feel great, but the next day I might feel 60...it is part of getting old...in NFL terms, London is getting up there...at his best, he reminds me of the slightly over the hill version of Chris Spielman who played for us way back....

Also, I guess I am the only one who thinks that Troy Vicent has actually played pretty well this year? I would still rather see him playing corner (he is still amazingly fast, even for his age), but he hasn't been all that bad either. I think early on, he was overcompensating for some of his teammates...

You bring up some valid points, I am sure a lot of these guys would be gone if this was Madden football, where you could remove the salary cap limitation and just sign anyone to replace them...I also find it curious that you signal out London Fletcher as one of the 100% guys (and I am positive some here would take exception to the Schoebel nod as well, but not me).  It may be true that Fletch gives his 100%, but I am afraid that age is catching up with him, and his performaces are pretty erratic.  He looks really good some weeks, and dreadful other weeks.  I am all in favor of keeping him (good team guy, usually plays smart), but they should seriously consider of rotating him with a younger guy...I am 40....some days I feel great, but the next day I might feel 60...it is part of getting old...in NFL terms, London is getting up there...at his best, he reminds me of the slightly over the hill version of Chris Spielman who played for us way back....

Also, I guess I am the only one who thinks that Troy Vicent has actually played pretty well this year?  I would still rather see him playing corner (he is still amazingly fast, even for his age), but he hasn't been all that bad either.  I think early on, he was overcompensating for some of his teammates...

511786[/snapback]

i see us tagging and trading clements, drafting a day 1 corner (will have 5 day one picks, i see DT, LT, then SS, Corner, LB/DT/DE in the first day).

with clements gone, we put TV at corner, baker/rook at FS. the next year we are done with milloy. and there we have a new secondary.

i don't think we will cut M williams (I am 60% on this, it could happen). I see our team thinking he can still be a good RT, or a very good G and just getting him to blend and extend his contract and avoid a bunch of his upcoming roster bonuses. if he can get say about 3 or 4 bucks a year in FA, it is worth us to pay him a bit more (say 1 buck a year more) for him to stay (assuming he can be a solid RT, I think our team still feels the he can be).

this will free up cap room and along with preston/villarial will solidify our right side.

i expect 1 or 2 new FA linemen coming in, and either peters or a high rook to be an upgrade at LT. i'd expect bennie and Gandy to stay on as depth.

this offseason could improve both of our lines a great deal

Too early to tell. There's still 6 games left to see who wants to be on next year's team, and that goes for everybody. If Josh Reed and Eric Moulds start making big plays, they've got a chance of staying. If MW starts dominating at any OL position, he's got a chance of staying. Etc, etc.

you're wrong about 6. Apparently you haven't been watching the games very closely. Gandy has proven to be every bit as good at containing speed rushers and bull rushers as Jennings, and I would argue that he's a better run blocker. I know he's tougher, cuz Jennings couldn't stay healthy. He's on IR and played in 2 games for the 9ers.

Gandy hasn't missed a start yet, and comes at 1/6 the cost had we re-signed Jennings.

Gandy was a SOLID pickup and I'm happy he's our LT. LT is NOT our problem. LG and RT are. Teague and Villarial have also played well.

you're wrong about 6. Apparently you haven't been watching the games very closely. Gandy has proven to be every bit as good at containing speed rushers and bull rushers as Jennings, and I would argue that he's a better run blocker. I know he's tougher, cuz Jennings couldn't stay healthy. He's on IR and played in 2 games for the 9ers.

Gandy hasn't missed a start yet, and comes at 1/6 the cost had we re-signed Jennings.

Gandy was a SOLID pickup and I'm happy he's our LT. LT is NOT our problem. LG and RT are. Teague and Villarial have also played well.

--------------------

I could be wrong but I seem to remember Gandy giving up at least 5 sacks over the last 3 games, including two to Jared Allen against the chiefs. I'm still not convinced.