My Turkey Day Contribution...

Ghost of BiB

I honestly don't care much, nor do much for the Holidays anymore, but I was sending this to a friend. If you haven't already made your cranberries, consider.

Cranberry Relish

1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg

1/4 tsp fresh grated cinnamon

1/8 tsp fresh ground cloves

1/8 tsp fresh ground cardamon seed

1/8 tsp fresh grated ginger (add at end)

3/8 cup pineapple juice

3/8 cup orange juice

2/3 cup raw sugar

12 oz bag fresh cranberries

1/4 cup golden raisins

1/2 cup chopped, fresh pecans

In a saucepan, combine juices, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon, and cloves. Cook over medium heat, until sugar dissolves. Add one tbsp of hot water.

Add cranberries and raisins. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 3-4 minutes until cranberries just pop. Remove from heat, stir in nuts and ginger. Let cool, Refrigerate, sealed overnight before serving. Makes about 3 cups.

Easy, but good. There's nothing uglier than that jelly looking stuff with the can marks in it.

I honestly don't care much, nor do much for the Holidays anymore, but I was sending this to a friend. If you haven't already made your cranberries, consider.

Cranberry Relish

1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg

1/4 tsp fresh grated cinnamon

1/8 tsp fresh ground cloves

1/8 tsp fresh ground cardamon seed

1/8 tsp fresh grated ginger (add at end)

3/8 cup pineapple juice

3/8 cup orange juice

2/3 cup raw sugar

12 oz bag fresh cranberries

1/4 cup golden raisins

1/2 cup chopped, fresh pecans

In a saucepan, combine juices, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon, and cloves. Cook over medium heat, until sugar dissolves. Add one tbsp of hot water.

Add cranberries and raisins. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 3-4 minutes until cranberries just pop. Remove from heat, stir in nuts and ginger. Let cool, Refrigerate, sealed overnight before serving. Makes about 3 cups.

Easy, but good. There's nothing uglier than that jelly looking stuff with the can marks in it.

511255[/snapback]

Thanks for the recipe Paul, but some of us like that jelly looking stuff w/ the can marks in it.