Bush wanted to Bomb Al'Jazeera...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just keeps getting better and better...

More...

511060[/snapback]

I cant believe that even this US administration is insane enough to consider bombing Al-Jazeera in Qatar (a country friendly to the US). On the other hand, there must be something juicy in the leaked document for the gag order to be issued. In the past few years, there have been umpteen leaked documents relating to the Iraq war and I think this is the first time the Official Secrets Act has been used in this way.

Too bad he got talked out of it by Blair.  All they are a mouthpiece of Al-Queda and all other terrporist organizations. No need to bomb, just some well placed plastic explosives.

511116[/snapback]

Ahhh, they are much more than that. They are the hottest network going, where else am I going to learn what to buy the wives for Christmas, er, um, or Ali's birthday?

Too bad he got talked out of it by Blair.  All they are a mouthpiece of Al-Queda and all other terrporist organizations. No need to bomb, just some well placed plastic explosives.

511116[/snapback]

Your statement is true, but there is also something fundamentally wrong when the country attempting to spread freedom is destroying media outlets. No question, Al Jazeera is skewed reporting, but what would we replace it with? More skewed reporting from our side? It was a good move to abstain from this idea, assuming this is true.

511116[/snapback]

That's a fairly novel interpretation of "freedom of the press" - if we don't like what you say, we're going to bomb you.

511116[/snapback]

Bush. Weak on bombing media outlets.

Britain has some sort of secret keeping law that will fry any leakers of sensitive info.

I for one think that bombing that TV HQ would have been good for many reasons....but I also believe that we should bomb our own versions of Al-Jazera as well i.e--CNN,FOX etc..etc..etc..

All they show is the negatives over there and not the oustanding job our troops are doing.

Here are some of the Mirror's other recent headlines:

"Jungle Bums: Now it gets even uglier"

"Posh and the Dwarf"

[the above two are the headlines that share the front page with the Bush/Al Jazeera one]

"My Son Tried to Kill Me"

"Jenn Goes Topless"

"Keep your sex life Sizzling at any age"

"Full Body Mossage"

"Posh and the Dwarf"

[the above two are the headlines that share the front page with the Bush/Al Jazeera one]

"Jenn Goes Topless"

"Full Body Mossage"

511898[/snapback]

Hey, the "Posh and the Dwarf" story was a classic :blink:

None of the above changes the fact that the leaked document does actually exist and the government was sufficiently concerned about it to issue a gag order. Doesn't make the story true, but they didn't pull this out of thin air either.

"Posh and the Dwarf"

"Jenn Goes Topless"

"Full Body Mossage"

511898[/snapback]

If RI's source for this thread was a homeless guy who claimed to have been probed by aliens, I'd give it more credit.

The Mirror also ran the headline "How Can 62 Million Americans Be So Stupid?" the day after Bush was re-elected so maybe they aren't the best source for news on President Bush.