alright, we've passed week 8

dave mcbride

29-47 - 61.7% (note, however, that while in week 9 he had a 70.8% completion percentage, against the woeful detroit lions at home in week 10 he completed 52.2% of his passes)

yards per pass attempt - 6.5 yards

td passes - 1 in 2 games (rate of 8 per season)

interceptions - 1 in 2 games (rate of 8 per season)

sacks - 3 (1.5 per game)

29-47 - 61.7% (note, however, that while in week 9 he had a 70.8% completion percentage, against the woeful detroit lions at home in week 10 he completed 52.2% of his passes)

sacks - 3 (1.5 per game)

510692[/snapback]

I'm so completely sick of hearing about Drew. Screw Drew. About the only thing that matters is that our team is 4-182, and his team is 7-3. Check out our team, it really doesn't matter who is under center or whether the "Drew decision" was right.

Time to stop second guessing.

sacks - 3 (1.5 per game)

510692[/snapback]

Irrelevant.

Drew would have sucked here behind this line too.

But I didn't really have to tell you that, now did I?

sacks - 3 (1.5 per game)

510692[/snapback]

Why did you omit the W/L record? What point are you trying to make?

I'm so completely sick of hearing about Drew. Screw Drew.  About the only thing that matters is that our team is 4-182, and his team is 7-3.  Check out our team, it really doesn't matter who is under center or whether the "Drew decision" was right.

510697[/snapback]

i'm hardly a drew basher. the reason i raise it is that about, oh, 673 posters here have argued -- with the stats to back themselves up -- that the guy underperforms in the second half of seasons. overall, he's doing well for the cowboys. the reason i bring it up is that it looks like another instance where bledsoe was going to put up staggering stats and is now settling back into the mediocrity from whence he sprang. granted, mediocrity is better than what we have at the moment.

Why did you omit the W/L record? What point are you trying to make?

510699[/snapback]

like i said, i'm no basher of drew and think he's better than what we have now. however, the facts are impossible to deny - he generallly tanks in the second half of seasons. "he" is 2-0 in weeks 9 & 10, but you and i both know that he should be 1-1 if not for the late mcnabb pick in the monday night game 9 days ago.

like i said, i'm no basher of drew and think he's better than what we have now. however, the facts are impossible to deny - he generallly tanks in the second half of seasons. "he" is 2-0 in weeks 9 & 10, but you and i both know that he should be 1-1 if not for the late mcnabb pick in the monday night game 9 days ago.

510703[/snapback]

Should be 1-1? That is rich. How about if I summarize it....

Once upon a time there was a football team. They had a proven pro qb who might wind up in Canton. They also had an insecure GM and a puppet rookie coach.

The sub-par GM cut this qb. He was mad because his team lost to the 3rd string players of his alma mater who dumped him and promptly improved. This sub-par GM had already traded spots in round 1 for a qb, and handed over a 2nd and a 5th to a pretty good coach/GM. This GM used these picks and others to build a strong young team.

The sub-par GM squandered what was left of his picks on 155 pound wideout and a TE, both of whom were promptly injured.

One team is floundering and sinking. The other is in first place.

Go ahead, keep telling yourself what "should be" if it makes you feel better, but a pretty good coach once said that "you are only as good as your record."

510703[/snapback]

Using your logic, it can be argued that he "should" have beaten the Redskins and Seahawks.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, it'd be Christmas all year round.

CW

PS: This, "he ends the season weak" is a lame argument; we did go 9-3 to end the season last year in case people have forgotten.

Once upon a time there was a football team. They had a proven pro qb who might wind up in Canton. They also had an insecure GM and a puppet rookie coach.

510714[/snapback]

Is that Canton, Montana, or Canton, Washington?

Using your logic, it can be argued that he "should" have beaten the Redskins and Seahawks.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, it'd be Christmas all year round.

CW

PS: This, "he ends the season weak" is a lame argument; we did go 9-3 to end the season last year in case people have forgotten.

510724[/snapback]

Since the offense scored a combined 37 points in those 3 games, I'd say they were very fortunate to win 1 of them.

I also love how his gravy training 2004 performance singlehandily negates 2003, 2002, 2000, and 1999.

I'm so completely sick of hearing about Drew. Screw Drew.  About the only thing that matters is that our team is 4-182, and his team is 7-3.  Check out our team, it really doesn't matter who is under center or whether the "Drew decision" was right.

510697[/snapback]

I could care less about DB but it seems every week some hater likes to bring him up. What Drew has now that we never did was a line that could actually hold their blocks longer than 2 secs. This is exactly what Jimbo had way back when. He was another statue.

I could care less about DB but it seems every week some hater likes to bring him up.  What Drew has now that we never did was a line that could actually hold their blocks longer than 2 secs.  This is exactly what Jimbo had way back when.  He was another statue.

510760[/snapback]

Perhaps, but he did break a dude's legs.

How hard is it to understand in a team sport that a player can be decent to pretty good on one team and that exact same player was or would be mediocre to lousy on a different team?

Anyone with a brain can understand that the Bills could have made the right decision on Drew and that Drew is playing better on the Cowboys than he did on the Bills.

Although, if you actually watch the Cowboys games, you would see that his actual play is slightly less than his stats.

How hard is it to understand in a team sport that a player can be decent to pretty good on one team and that exact same player was or would be mediocre to lousy on a different team?

The reason it's brought up all the time is because the masses around here kept saying, ad naeseum, that the Bills' problem was the QB, that DB was washed up, that anyone could play QB better than he could, that he should retire, that he sucked, etc, etc, etc. Despite a handful of posters (myself included) trying to pin most of the problems on the OL (and some of the problems on TH), we were insulted and ridiculed for supporting Bledsoe.

Now that we're seeing the EXACT SAME thing play out this year, most of the DB comments are, "Well, of COURSE he's playing well in Dallas. Our OL is bad," and the wallers decide to attack someone else, currently MW.

CW

The reason it's brought up all the time is because the masses around here kept saying, ad naeseum, that the Bills' problem was the QB, that DB was washed up, that anyone could play QB better than he could, that he should retire, that he sucked, etc, etc, etc.  Despite a handful of posters (myself included) trying to pin most of the problems on the OL (and some of the problems on TH), we were insulted and ridiculed for supporting Bledsoe. 

Now that we're seeing the EXACT SAME thing play out this year, most of the DB comments are, "Well, of COURSE he's playing well in Dallas.  Our OL is bad," and the wallers decide to attack someone else, currently MW.

CW

511469[/snapback]

Excellent post!

The reason it's brought up all the time is because the masses around here kept saying, ad naeseum, that the Bills' problem was the QB, that DB was washed up, that anyone could play QB better than he could, that he should retire, that he sucked, etc, etc, etc.  Despite a handful of posters (myself included) trying to pin most of the problems on the OL (and some of the problems on TH), we were insulted and ridiculed for supporting Bledsoe. 

Now that we're seeing the EXACT SAME thing play out this year, most of the DB comments are, "Well, of COURSE he's playing well in Dallas.  Our OL is bad," and the wallers decide to attack someone else, currently MW.

CW

511469[/snapback]

You're forgetting an important verse of the chorus:

Drew is the problem, but in press conferences he keeps saying the rest of the offense needs to play better instead of taking the blame himself.

How dare he tell us what turns out to be the truth!

The sub-par GM cut this qb. He was mad because his team lost to the 3rd string players of his alma mater who dumped him and promptly improved. This sub-par GM had already traded spots in round 1 for a qb, and handed over a 2nd and a 5th to a pretty good coach/GM. This GM used these picks and others to build a strong young team.

The sub-par GM squandered what was left of his picks on 155 pound wideout and a TE, both of whom were promptly injured.

One team is floundering and sinking. The other is in first place.

Go ahead, keep telling yourself what "should be" if it makes you feel better, but a pretty good coach once said that "you are only as good as your record."

510714[/snapback]

Nice post. You are on the money.

CW

511469[/snapback]

Another excellent post. The Drew bashers blamed everything on Drew. Only now are they beginning to realize that we have a subpar line. It is would be quite humorous but for the fact that the Bills have been largely horrible this year.